Standalone [1.4.4] Terrasavr, web-based inventory editor

After using the inventory editor so i could test something out in a test world, then reverting back to my character backup then deleted the edited one (because a silly confusion on my part), my main world is now covered in the fog of war; i.e., discovered areas are black on the map. Years ago when i last played Terraria, i seem to remember something about this, but just wondering if anyone can tell me if it is possible to fix without having an older character backup available?

I think it is because the ".map" file inside the folder within the character folder doesn't match/is no longer linked to my character file, IIRC.

After using the inventory editor so i could test something out in a test world, then reverting back to my character backup then deleted the edited one (because a silly confusion on my part), my main world is now covered in the fog of war; i.e., discovered areas are black on the map. Years ago when i last played Terraria, i seem to remember something about this, but just wondering if anyone can tell me if it is possible to fix without having an older character backup available?

I think it is because the ".map" file inside the folder within the character folder doesn't match/is no longer linked to my character file, IIRC.
Just a question, when I use it, it deletes all my map progress(all I was doing was renaming it) is that supposed to happen?
Map data is stored inside a directory named the same as the player file, which resides next to the PLR file. If you changed the name of the player file, you will need to rename or copy that directory to match the new file name.

Map data is stored inside a directory named the same as the player file, which resides next to the PLR file. If you changed the name of the player file, you will need to rename or copy that directory to match the new file name.

Thanks for the response. Yeah i do remember that file being where map progress is stored. Do you have any possible ideas for my situation? That is, both my character.plr and the folder in the same directory are still named the same; no changes to the names were made.
Btw, i've already retraced my all my previous steps to get the map uncovered again, so I am mainly asking for in case it happens again in the future.

Thanks for the response. Yeah i do remember that file being where map progress is stored. Do you have any possible ideas for my situation? That is, both my character.plr and the folder in the same directory are still named the same; no changes to the names were made.
Btw, i've already retraced my all my previous steps to get the map uncovered again, so I am mainly asking for in case it happens again in the future.
That should be it - as people pointed out in past, you can even copy the exploration data between characters by moving the map file from one minimap directory to another.

Hello! I've been using your save editor and been having issues with putting modifiers on bows and the wand of sparking. I tried putting on the best modifier and got other modifiers instead when I booted up the game. I checked to see if Terraria Tweaker 2 was interfering and did a vanilla edit which had the same result. I've was able to change melee weapons and accessories just fine, something about the ranged and magic stuff that seems to have borked.

Hello! I've been using your save editor and been having issues with putting modifiers on bows and the wand of sparking. I tried putting on the best modifier and got other modifiers instead when I booted up the game. I checked to see if Terraria Tweaker 2 was interfering and did a vanilla edit which had the same result. I've was able to change melee weapons and accessories just fine, something about the ranged and magic stuff that seems to have borked.
Probably because they have certain things they can’t have or can use that the others can’t.

Would it be possible to export the research data into some kind of checklist ? (or export the list of all items into a text file)
The main problem with people that want to do a completionist run on journey mode is the lack of ways to see what you still need to research and I feel like with the categories you already have going on it would make it much easier to track :)

If you have a journey character on god mode you can save it as a classic character and it will still have god mode, could you add a means to toggle god mode in the site?
(I'm only on mobile, if this doesn't work for 1.4.1 ignore it.)

Is anyone else having an issue with using characters with TerraSavr and 1.4.1? It just straight up won't let me load the file, and Terraria won't read any of my new characters.

Is anyone else having an issue with using characters with TerraSavr and 1.4.1? It just straight up won't let me load the file, and Terraria won't read any of my new characters.
It won't load my player file on 1.4 either. It just say "failed to load profile, the error was: Error: Error #2030 was it a valid character file?"

It won't load my player file on 1.4 either. It just say "failed to load profile, the error was: Error: Error #2030 was it a valid character file?"
Check if Terrasavr is up to date - the program says when it was last updated on the starting page, which at the time of writing should read "Oct 18, 2020". If it says something older, hard refresh (Ctrl+Shift+R on desktop, look for device/browser-specific instructions on mobile)

Check if Terrasavr is up to date - the program says when it was last updated on the starting page, which at the time of writing should read "Oct 18, 2020". If it says something older, hard refresh (Ctrl+Shift+R on desktop, look for device/browser-specific instructions on mobile)
The date helped, I was using the flash version which was not compatible with 1.4. It took a little bit of searching to find the most recent version to download because the link on the main page goes to the older version.

Back
Top Bottom