Standalone [1.4.4] Terrasavr, web-based inventory editor

Was the file saved in one of the versions released on June 30 - July 2? Nameless items have thrown off the inventory tab file saving process in those few versions.

Also, uploaded an update. Changes:
  • Added 3 categories (regeneration potions, effect potions, grappling hooks).
  • Added "light pets" to Pets category.
  • Split "style" field into easier-to-understand "gender" and "cloth style" fields.
So that bug happens with terraria v1.3.0.3 player saves?

Oh right I found out after I commen5ed
[DOUBLEPOST=1436105150,1436104992][/DOUBLEPOST]Glad this uses files and does not hack my character
[DOUBLEPOST=1436105329][/DOUBLEPOST]

Its in documents>my games>terraria>players does that help
[DOUBLEPOST=1436105371][/DOUBLEPOST]Not steam file
ah thank you so much easier.

So that bug happens with terraria v1.3.0.3 player saves?
It was occuring on tab save in those few versions of Terrasavr because for empty slots I had it write an "empty item" (id#0 / name ""), but the new items with no name would overwrite this item (as I did not have much code for treating items with duplicate names), thus replacing each empty slot with the nameless item that had the highest ID.

Nice update! Now, is it possible to add a sorting feature to the inventory/safe/bank tabs? At least based on their IDs.
Added alphabetical sort:
7POydqJ.png

Will be available in tomorrow' update.

Just wanted to say I love your tool and am glad you are still updating it. It's the only one I use for terraria, Also a bit off topic but I think your game looks really cool. I love rts's.

Found a bug: When you stack anything above 500, it goes to a lower number. Annoying when you are trying to get 999 stacks.

its working for me, what are you stacking?(i'm able to type and load stacks much larger than 999 even) are you right clicking?(cause if you're making stacks by holding down right click when pulling the items from the library it'll count all the way up, pick up half leave the other half behind) are you using the main link, the flash link,

Last edited:
Found a bug: When you stack anything above 500, it goes to a lower number. Annoying when you are trying to get 999 stacks.
You can set the stack to whatever you want on any item, but the game will force it back into "valid bounds" on load. When middle-clicking to max out stacks it will use the maximum value as provided by the game.
@YellowAfterlife
Could you update that Imgur gif?
There are several. Which one? Though, to be fair, every single of them is between slightly to horribly outdated even in terms of UI.

Updated the program:
  • It is now possible to sort items in tabs alphabetically.
  • Fixed the negative-index items briefly disappearing from the index.
Not much else because I've been filling out new drop tables for Terranion for pretty much the entire day (there are ~500 item drop rules in 1.3).

Update:
  • Fixed 1.2.4.1 slots displaying in wrong order (first visual slot would display at the new accessory slot).
  • Terrasavr will no longer load/save items that do not yet exist in the chosen version (because, guess what, that causes the game to crash).
  • There is now visual indication that an item/buff is not compatible with the chosen version - it will be slightly faded out and the tooltip will mention this too.

One thing that is a little bit annoying is that when you right-click to Get an amount of that item you stack up all the items from the search into your inventory :/

but i found the way to do it! left-click, not right! :D Hold left click to number up the amount you want and then your good to go! :)

hardmode bars isnt showing luminite bars? and i have refreshed the page to make sure
Hmm... I probably should add those. Are there any non-"star" items crafted or related to them at all? A category with just luminite ore, luminite bar, and luminite dye would feel quite... empty.
One thing that is a little bit annoying is that when you right-click to Get an amount of that item you stack up all the items from the search into your inventory :/
oh, yeah i just recently hit that (bug?) too. i don't think thats supposed to happen. you were right clicking in the library window rather than moving it to your character first right?

and its only sometimes, like i couldn't replicate it on purpose when i tried to move the entire dye window to my bank
Do you mean when you right-click a category in the right side? Yes, that indeed currently dumps all the things from the chosen category into the active inventory tab. It was meant to be strictly shift+click (for those exact situations when you want the whole tab in your inventory, and fast) but I forgot that I've made the right-click act like a shift-click months ago. Should probably change that to some other combination or something. If there's any more context where it triggers, do tell.

Hmm... I probably should add those. Are there any non-"star" items crafted or related to them at all? A category with just luminite ore, luminite bar, and luminite dye would feel quite... empty.

Do you mean when you right-click a category in the right side? Yes, that indeed currently dumps all the things from the chosen category into the active inventory tab. It was meant to be strictly shift+click (for those exact situations when you want the whole tab in your inventory, and fast) but I forgot that I've made the right-click act like a shift-click months ago. Should probably change that to some other combination or something. If there's any more context where it triggers, do tell.

Thank you! :) and again, GREAT work!

sorry, should probably explain in more detail, see if you can replicate.

it was in the brown part where you select the individual items to drag

had been holding down to pick up a stack of 99 for a bit, finished with that group and went to the search area, typed "dye" or something, went back to pulling things one by one and instead the whole thing jumped. thought it must be a feature because left click also stacks and tried to do it intentionally, couldn't. went back to what i was doing and it happened again a bit later.

both times were right after i had used the search function and was right clicking in the library's window intending to drag a single item into my inventory....now that i think of it they both may have been on the top row? maybe i missed and hit the purple background but that doesn't seem to do it now that i tried that

edit- just replicated it(not quite the same as the first time but close) twice pretty easily. here was the steps

go to the tool http://yal.cc/r/terrasavr/

click inventory
click library
type for example "do" into the search area(don't hit enter or anything, the textbox stays highlighted with cursor blinking)
right click on the whistle(or some other item)

everything jumps to inventory and you're holding the dog whistle you just picked up

...so looks like if i don't clear that i had last clicked the search area it acts like thats where i clicked?
Oookay. So the thing was that I was too hasty to add the aforementioned "right click category to copy it" feature and had inserted the check and actions right into the function that updates the categories list. And that was called not just on mouse events, but also on focus change of the search field (to finalize result list, just in case). So it would set the variable indicating that the shift-button is now down (aforementioned remapping), dispatch the mouse click event... and also trigger copying of the first category in the search results. Now fixed.

Also added luminite and martian items. Not sure how much harm I'm doing to my slowly going 1.3 playthrough given that while filling out information for Terrasavr and Terranion I have now seen practically every new functional item, NPC, and what items they drop.

@YellowAfterlife Do you have the whole of the player file decoded yet?
If not, how do you feel about using your editor's popularity to passively crowd-source the decoding? I'm thinking you have the opportunity to perform a check on each loaded file, and if it has non-zero values in the unknown blocks, it could store that player file on your server as an example, and quickly build a catalogue of presumed-valid values for those unknown bytes, to help work out what they do.

I have written this python code to try find any usage of the bytes that I don't know a purpose for, but only have a very limited numbers of character files and play time to try decode these last few unknowns.
http://pastebin.com/ePjg3Axn

The easiest way to compare chars is to make their names the same length (again 5 chars in my cases, taking 6 bytes), and empty their worlds save-point collections.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom