Standalone [1.4.4] Terrasavr, web-based inventory editor

I've been playing a bit of modded terraria lately a mix of calamity and terraria overhauled and I decided to go the lazy route for getting stars so I went to terrasavr to get some fallen stars except when I search it up in the library it doesn't come up, I'd put short words like "Star" or "Fallen" but it didn't pop up, I searched through some of the categories and couldn't find it anywhere. are they missing???

I've been playing a bit of modded terraria lately a mix of calamity and terraria overhauled and I decided to go the lazy route for getting stars so I went to terrasavr to get some fallen stars except when I search it up in the library it doesn't come up, I'd put short words like "Star" or "Fallen" but it didn't pop up, I searched through some of the categories and couldn't find it anywhere. are they missing???
Seems fine here - the icon is just shown oddly (since it's animated, which is stored as hard-to-detect strips)
1618960885888.png

Note that if you are using Terrasavr in non-English, the search uses localized names

Been wanting to goof around with item editing however I can't figure out where to put the TSR. file once I download it. Any ideas?

Been wanting to goof around with item editing however I can't figure out where to put the TSR. file once I download it. Any ideas?
As the tooltip notes, you should only save TSR files if you want to load them later (e.g. to migrate items between characters),
1620555163619.png

Otherwise you should click "Save player" at the top - next to the button that you clicked to load the player file

Please fix "Unknown" item names. In game they display as ItemName.<Item>
You did this to boring bow and fake_newchests, so I think It'd be better to change these too for consistency.
(Note: Luminate tools have proper localization in game files, and so does the apple pie slice)
1620928065415.png

1620928235876.png

Last edited:
Please fix "Unknown" item names. In game they display as ItemName.<Item>
You did this to boring bow and fake_newchests, so I think It'd be better to change these too for consistency.View attachment 321346

View attachment 321347
Item names come straight from the game files. If the game misreports a name for something, that will be shown accordingly - IIRC the sword reports its name as "" while the bow likely has something to do with localization files that I use. I'll look into updating those later

Item names come straight from the game files. If the game misreports a name for something, that will be shown accordingly - IIRC the sword reports its name as "" while the bow likely has something to do with localization files that I use. I'll look into updating those later
1620929003784.png

Well, I guess it didn't have a name at some point? So the localization in the tool must be outdated?

View attachment 321351

Well, I guess it didn't have a name at some point? So the localization in the tool must be outdated?
Quite possibly! Terrasavr's build process is somewhat complicated (have to copy item XNBs, convert them to PNGs, assemble a texture atlas out of them, extract item and buff metadata, extract localization resources, fix them to be valid JSON, update version numbers for PWA as appropriate, and finally compile the final web app), so things can break on occasion.

I know it will take a while to fix likely, but I want to ask when is the preview feature coming back?
That's a good question! Hypothetically it's a day of work (need to make a tool that will convert each body/hair/cloth XNBs to PNGs, crop them, and arrange them into a texture page; then fix old Terrasavr code to draw from that), but there's always something that needs to be fixed (the fact that I made too many tools/mods/game assets/etc. doesn't help) so it gets pushed over to the "next weekend"

Released a new version that updates the included localization JSON files. Can now also view/edit your golf score!
There's the localization file from latest version. Lines 3450, 3455, 3458, 3796, 3799, 3803, 3905, 3908, 3911 don't seem to display in the tool. I should probably mention these items are deprecated, that could be the reason why it doesn't display the name, though I'm still not sure how your tool works.

Attachments

• Items.json
    336.5 KB · Views: 80
There is a bug where I put the character in journey mode but when I go to terraria it shows the player as a classic character.

The website and the offline version aren't loading. They just show the blue background and the offline version just says it's loading endlessly.

Minor versions (1.4.3.x) are generally bug-fixes and balance changes, so at worst a few item captions might be out of date. Did anything break?
I used web terrasavr, loaded my character edited my inv and then i realised that the char. version is 1.4.1.2 and it didn't worked on my terraria character. I can't change the version because there is no 1.4.3
IMG_20211205_231851.jpg

Last edited:
I used web terrasavr, loaded my character edited my inv and then i realised that the char. version is 1.4.1.2 and it didn't worked on my terraria character. I can't change the version because there is no 1.4.3
Make sure the web version says "Nov 20" or newer (you can see it on the starting screen), hard-refresh (Ctrl+Shift+R) if not. The version switch is only for converting a character for use in an older version of Terraria - I will have to rewrite it sometime because there are way too many Terraria versions now to fit in a horizontal list. If neither of that helps, see FAQ

Back
Top Bottom