Standalone [1.4.4] Terrasavr, web-based inventory editor

Uploaded a new version - I forgot that these were ordered as "item 1 - dye 1 - item 2 - dye 2" instead of items first and then dyes for them (like most other inventory sections are)

Done that. I also noticed that most (all?) buffs are no longer capped at ~5 hours so I made it set the value slightly higher for both library buffs and manually maxing out.
View attachment 385772
I see the changes to the tools section, but it looks like nothing changed in the buffs section.
Ctrl-click does nothing, and adding buffs from the library is still set to 5 hours.

"Slightly higher", lol.

I see the changes to the tools section, but it looks like nothing changed in the buffs section.
Ctrl-click does nothing, and adding buffs from the library is still set to 5 hours.

"Slightly higher", lol.
I uploaded the same version twice (first with inventory fix, then with buffs) so may need to hard-refresh again.

if you have your save data on a micro SD you can pull your char. data from nintendo switch to pc would there be a possible terrasaver ver 1.4.4 that includes switch? @

YellowAfterlife

I briefly supported opening Switch savefiles for 1.3, but this effectively doubled the effort required to maintain the program (as Switch save files slightly lag behind PC updates in terms of what content they have) while being used by, roughly... a dozen people.

The equips section save/load is not working correctly.
The ammo part is the only thing that gets loaded.
The coins, armor, accessories, and dyes do not get loaded at all (existing items in those slots are left untouched as if nothing happened).

I suppose the loadouts messed up something?

Hello, YellowAfterlife! when I use your inventory editor in game version 1.4.4+, I find some questions, if I get two or three same accessories or armors in the accessory slot, the save file works well, but when I quit and reload the game, I just find the save file not works well, but in version 1.4.3.6 or early game version, it did not exist. for example, I get three destroyer emblems, it works well:
2.jpg
but when I quit and reload the game, the second destroyer emblem vanished:
3.jpg

and the same armor in different slots also work not well:
4.jpg
,there is only 24 deffense, means the other three valhalla knights breastplates don't work. these problems did not appear before version 1.4.3.6, thank you!

Hello, YellowAfterlife! when I use your inventory editor in game version 1.4.4+, I find some questions, if I get two or three same accessories or armors in the accessory slot, the save file works well, but when I quit and reload the game, I just find the save file not works well, but in version 1.4.3.6 or early game version, it did not exist. for example, I get three destroyer emblems, it works well: but when I quit and reload the game, the second destroyer emblem vanished:

and the same armor in different slots also work not well:,there is only 24 deffense, means the other three valhalla knights breastplates don't work. these problems did not appear before version 1.4.3.6, thank you!
Chances are very good that Re-Logic has patched out being able to equip multiple of the same Accessory/Armor with the most recent update, and simply not included it in the changelog.

I wish Terrasavr was open source or something.
It should not be that hard to fix the equips save/load bug myself.

Well, I hope YellowAfterlife is okay despite recent events.

Last edited:
I released a new version!
terrasavr-flags.png

Most notably this adds a new page with checkboxes for all the permanent buffs that you can now unlock, but also fixes the aforementioned loadout save/load issue and a few smaller ones.

there is only 24 deffense, means the other three valhalla knights breastplates don't work. these problems did not appear before version 1.4.3.6, thank you!
I can confirm that I do zero validation (if something can be physically written to the file, it will be written), but the game may take things away from you at its own discretion - most commonly this involves incompatible prefixes, but has recently been gradually expanded to removing items from places where they shouldn't be.

Since this takes effort to program, I'm assuming that people managed to both equip an item incorrectly and to crash/softlock the game this way.

I wish Terrasavr was open source or something.
I mean, kind of, but also you probably wouldn't really want to see it - Terrasavr runs on a rather antique tech stack involving a custom backend for a Flash API recreation project in Haxe. And I don't even use any of the interesting Flash features since most of the Terrasavr's UI is just bitmap font labels.

It also involves an extremely shabby C# application to scrub item information from the game since I can't just ask it for items/icons like downloadable inventory editors often did.
And another application that compresses the said data into a compact format since sending the user tens of megabytes of data is both unaffordable and undesirable.

I time to time ponder whether to rewrite it from scratch, but it's impossible to predict whether there'll be more big updates to the game / whether the tool will remain popular enough to justify development. At some points of time I was hoping that someone would make a better inventory editor and I wouldn't have to update mine anymore, but it outlived every single one of them, saving for that one Android app.

I mean, kind of, but also you probably wouldn't really want to see it - Terrasavr runs on a rather antique tech stack involving a custom backend for a Flash API recreation project in Haxe. And I don't even use any of the interesting Flash features since most of the Terrasavr's UI is just bitmap font labels.

It also involves an extremely shabby C# application to scrub item information from the game since I can't just ask it for items/icons like downloadable inventory editors often did.
And another application that compresses the said data into a compact format since sending the user tens of megabytes of data is both unaffordable and undesirable.
Eh, still curious. I like going through the code of the programs I use or the games I play. One of my favorite pastimes.

I time to time ponder whether to rewrite it from scratch, but it's impossible to predict whether there'll be more big updates to the game / whether the tool will remain popular enough to justify development. At some points of time I was hoping that someone would make a better inventory editor and I wouldn't have to update mine anymore, but it outlived every single one of them, saving for that one Android app.
Last one standing means it is the best.
👍
And why the rewrite? Is the state of the code so bad?

At some points of time I was hoping that someone would make a better inventory editor and I wouldn't have to update mine anymore, but it outlived every single one of them, saving for that one Android app.
Definitley suffering from success here - yours is by far the best around and the most convenient too.

And why the rewrite? Is the state of the code so bad?
The current version of Terrasavr is more similar to a game in its workings - it redraws the screen every frame; you can't select text (nor will translation software work); some things (like editing text, or saving a file, or even opening a link) have to be done in variously roundabout ways since what you are interacting with is an image (canvas element) and not a "real" label/text field/link. My later tools are structured far better in this regard.

The other thing is that Terrasavr isn't exactly mobile-friendly. It works, but it's not nice - you want the page elements to be roughly inventory slot-sized so that they are easy to press with a finger, but most of the UI is text-based.

So I'd want to redo the UI at least, but that's roughly 2/3 of the code.
Definitley suffering from success here - yours is by far the best around and the most convenient too.
Thank you! There were a few contenders - IIRC at some point there was even an editor that would show you how the cosmetic items/armor looked on the character. An unaffordable luxury for my setup (... as I'd have to recreate each of the numerous dye effects). But, of course, you don't just have to make a tool, but find time to update it later too, and that's the tricky part.

The current version of Terrasavr is more similar to a game in its workings - it redraws the screen every frame; you can't select text (nor will translation software work); some things (like editing text, or saving a file, or even opening a link) have to be done in variously roundabout ways since what you are interacting with is an image (canvas element) and not a "real" label/text field/link. My later tools are structured far better in this regard.

The other thing is that Terrasavr isn't exactly mobile-friendly. It works, but it's not nice - you want the page elements to be roughly inventory slot-sized so that they are easy to press with a finger, but most of the UI is text-based.

So I'd want to redo the UI at least, but that's roughly 2/3 of the code.
Ooh.... Just reading that already bothers me. Pity I cannot do much to help since I never even heard of Haxe before you mentioned it.

Edit: Is it intended to leave the buffs save format as it is? Just wondering since you changed the rest to JSON, which is nice.

Last edited:
Edit: Is it intended to leave the buffs save format as it is? Just wondering since you changed the rest to JSON, which is nice.
I'm slowly updating the structure, speaking of which...

I have a preview of Terrasavr rewrite ready for testing!

Functionally it'll be mostly the same as the current one, but has some improvements:
  • It loads way faster now.
  • It's now more of an actual page.
  • The intent is to make the thing mobile-friendly-ier
    (still working on this)
What I'd like to know is whether everything seems nice to use (it is a slight departure from the original after all) and whether there are any small things that could be improved.

Functionally it'll be mostly the same as the current one, but has some improvements:
  • It loads way faster now.
  • It's now more of an actual page.
  • The intent is to make the thing mobile-friendly-ier
    (still working on this)
What I'd like to know is whether everything seems nice to use (it is a slight departure from the original after all) and whether there are any small things that could be improved.
This looks great! I see how this new design will be mobile friendly which is great, but it'd be nice if the boxes tiled a bit more on desktop:
1678717738278.png

Oooooh, that looks really nice.
And it loads so incredibly fast.
It only took a few seconds to get used to the slightly different way item editing works (still very intuitive), so I think it is fine.
I assume that when it is done, QoL things like quickly maxing out stacks and buffs with ctrl-click like in the original will be in it?
Very much looking forward to its completion.

I assume that when it is done, QoL things like quickly maxing out stacks and buffs with ctrl-click like in the original will be in it?
It's one click away in the item's context menu, but sure, why not - added that too.

Updated the tool - you can now edit buffs, and prefix search is now a menu like the item/buff search (not the least because mobile devices weren't showing the list correctly).

I have also figured out how to make my code not break with Google Closure's "advanced" optimization mode, so the initial page load is even faster now (with items.png making up for vast majority of page size and only loading once necessary)
1678890652644.png1678890687806.png

It's one click away in the item's context menu, but sure, why not - added that too.
Thank you very much.

Will you be adding something like the library from the original? Specifically, the categories of items/buffs/prefixes to show in the search list.
Well, maybe not for prefixes since that toggle for compatibility is already great.

Back
Top Bottom