Standalone [1.4.4] Terrasavr, web-based inventory editor

@YellowAfterlife Do you have the whole of the player file decoded yet?
If not, how do you feel about using your editor's popularity to passively crowd-source the decoding? I'm thinking you have the opportunity to perform a check on each loaded file, and if it has non-zero values in the unknown blocks, it could store that player file on your server as an example, and quickly build a catalogue of presumed-valid values for those unknown bytes, to help work out what they do.

I have written this python code to try find any usage of the bytes that I don't know a purpose for, but only have a very limited numbers of character files and play time to try decode these last few unknowns.
http://pastebin.com/ePjg3Axn

The easiest way to compare chars is to make their names the same length (again 5 chars in my cases, taking 6 bytes), and empty their worlds save-point collections.
Player files are not uploaded to the server and I have no intentions on changing that.
Here's the current implementation: https://gist.github.com/YellowAfterlife/ced985a0d2f770c37b07

hey, having a little problem using the program.
ive use the inventory editor on one of my profiles, but now when ever i save on that profile, the game crashes.
on a profile that has not had its inventory edited whiles saving does not crash.
is there any way i can fix this?

hey, having a little problem using the program.
ive use the inventory editor on one of my profiles, but now when ever i save on that profile, the game crashes.
on a profile that has not had its inventory edited whiles saving does not crash.
is there any way i can fix this?
Can you upload the changed and original profile files (.plr, .plr.bak) somewhere? Putting them into a zip and attaching to a message would also work.

yeah, here
I don't know how that happened, but two of your files are set to be "read-only" and the game crashes on save because it can't overwrite the files. Right-click them, go to "Properties", and untick "Read-only" for both:
upload_2015-7-9_12-13-21.png

I have a question, how exactly do you apply the buffs after editing them? Do you save it then put the file somewhere? If so where?

I have a question, how exactly do you apply the buffs after editing them? Do you save it then put the file somewhere? If so where?
If you've added buffs to the character's set (top half), they will be applied when saving the character. You can also use the buttons on the bottom of the window to save a list of buffs so that you can load/append them easily later.

Small update for today:
  • Confirmation is now required for switching a character into hardcore mode.
  • Editor will now ignore mouse input for half of a second when loading a file (to avoid accidental clicking on something if the browser interprets double-click on a file incorrectly).
  • Names are now shown for use times and knockbacks.
  • Added "quest fish" category.

Hooray for the quest fish category.
I was looking for those things through the index 20 hours ago.
So much simpler.
My only complaint now is that it's web based, haha.
Okay, I take that back since Shinra has enlightened me with the fact that YAL is actually working on an offline executable version....

Last edited:
Hooray for the quest fish category.
I was looking for those things through the index 20 hours ago.
So much simpler.
My only complaint now is that it's web based, haha.
He has the flash-based version (see original post, first page), which you can run offline and YAL is working on a native binary version (an "exe" like file) for PC, Mac, and Linux* (see this post). He say's linux, but different distributions of Linux use different binary extensions. So just because YAL says linux, doesn't mean it will support all of them right off the bat. Just something to keep in mind before anyone complains.

I don't know how that happened, but two of your files are set to be "read-only" and the game crashes on save because it can't overwrite the files. Right-click them, go to "Properties", and untick "Read-only" for both:
View attachment 61798

Oh thank you for this fix - I was going through this thread to see if this was a reoccurring problem because my Terraria kept crashing. :(
Might I suggest putting this in your troubleshooting tab in the very first post?

Also, thanks for your work! This is really neat and easy to use.

Oh thank you for this fix - I was going through this thread to see if this was a reoccurring problem because my Terraria kept crashing. :(
Might I suggest putting this in your troubleshooting tab in the very first post?

Also, thanks for your work! This is really neat and easy to use.
I had made a topic about this bug (the real nasty stuff starts if only your .bak file is read-only - the game will then crash seemingly randomly, loosing all character and world progress), but, alas - probably got buried under new bug reports. I'm not sure how the developers handle this given that there are pages and pages of reports every day and lots of them are probably duplicate.

I need to get around to adding some kind of FAQ to the program' page itself, but also do so in a way that people would actually read it before posting a question. Slightly tricky stuff.

I had made a topic about this bug (the real nasty stuff starts if only your .bak file is read-only - the game will then crash seemingly randomly, loosing all character and world progress), but, alas - probably got buried under new bug reports. I'm not sure how the developers handle this given that there are pages and pages of reports every day and lots of them are probably duplicate.

I need to get around to adding some kind of FAQ to the program' page itself, but also do so in a way that people would actually read it before posting a question. Slightly tricky stuff.

I'm just glad I didn't lose anything important because it mostly crashed on loading maps when switching characters. I never got a crashlog (like you mentioned in your topic) so I didn't really know what to do until I read through this thread! :)

And as for the FAQ, there's always going to be people that never do initial research and bump the thread/message you for a question that can easily be answered from just looking around. Despite that, I think it'll be worth it. Maybe just having the FAQ available in multiple places (this thread/the program page/your website blog post) might reduce that? >_<

Is there a way (or can you create a way) to change damage numbers of weapons (or things like lifesteal numbers on Vamp Knives?) But have like a "slide" with a max number (like 200 or something). I really want to use the Breaker Blade as an endgame weapon (b/c huge swords are my favorite kind and that's a huge freakin' sword). I just really need something like this in my life.

Back
Top Bottom