NPCs & Enemies 1.4 Boss Thoughts

iXxenon

Skeletron
So I have forgot about terraria 1.4 until the topic was brought up again in one of my conversations about when it’s going to be released. I remembered about the mini-boss and want to give my thoughts about it. So in the trailer, you see the Mini-boss is spawned by fishing, a blood moon is probably mandatory (it could be seen a “blood nautilus” is consumed when he fishes so that might be the spawned). While many think he is an endgame I do not as the player was using Adamantite gear which is obtainable pre-mechanical bosses. So I’ve come to believe it’s before mech bosses as any player fighting it after would use hallowed armor. Although this is all suspicion as it was just a trailer and it could be to throw us off. We can also see that it tries to evade the player instead of attack, because it supposedly will fire projectiles instead of dealing contact damage. The Mini-boss also spawns minions I believe if what I saw was what it had spawned. Side note, he used a “Chum Caster” fishing rod, which I do not think exists as of the current version of the game. This is all what I infer from the short clip in the trailer and might not be correct, feel free to share your opinion.

Edit: I changed it into mini-boss because it doesn’t have the boss health bar at the bottom. Now I can see this differently as it seems to be a threat while fishing instead. The new boss hadn’t been shown in the trailer and I was just confused

Last edited:
Even after defeating a mech boss and getting hallowed armor, some people still use titanium for its set bonus.

Welcome to the forums by the way!

Even after defeating a mech boss and getting hallowed armor, some people still use titanium for its set bonus.

Makes sense, although they used adamantite armor and it has the same set bonus as hallowed (both have 25% chance not to use ammo for ranged I believe and for melee and mage the buff is 1% more for hallowed. So I really think it wouldn’t make sense for someone to use adamantite when they have access for hallowed armor. They also used adamantite weapons, notably the adamantite repeater, which I’m quite sure is worse than the hallowed one. Titanium might have made more sense but it wasn’t used. For all we know the armor could have been vanity so this is all speculation.

P.S Thanks for the welcome.

This is true, Titanium Armor can actually last skilled players until moon lord, but Adamantite is such an utter joke compared to Titanium that I wouldn't use it after mech bosses no matter what context.

Back
Top Bottom