Xbox One 1.4 Cannot assign NPCs to houses or check query

MilkManOfEarth

Terrarian
I have been trying all sorts of key bindings and still cannot move any NPC to a new house or check the query.

I first found this when trying to move the nurse to the desert and waiting for the arms dealer to arrive. When I look at the control bar at the bottom of the screen, the “Check Query” button appears but won’t do anything.

It’s different from how it used to work. You scroll over to it now, press Y to go to world, and you should have a cursor you can scroll around to place on where you want to verify or move someone

I have been trying all sorts of key bindings and still cannot move any NPC to a new house or check the query.

I first found this when trying to move the nurse to the desert and waiting for the arms dealer to arrive. When I look at the control bar at the bottom of the screen, the “Check Query” button appears but won’t do anything.
See if this helps…
  • Open your Inventory
  • Go to Housing
  • Make sure your NPC list is horizontal, not vertical
  • Check bottom controls: press the button that would activate “Switches to World” *
  • Move your cursor to the house
  • Check bottom controls: press the button for “Use Item”

*If you don’t have any buttons bound for “Switches to World”, go bind one in the controller settings.

See if this helps…
  • Open your Inventory
  • Go to Housing
  • Make sure your NPC list is horizontal, not vertical
  • Check bottom controls: press the button that would activate “Switches to World” *
  • Move your cursor to the house
  • Check bottom controls: press the button for “Use Item”

*If you don’t have any buttons bound for “Switches to World”, go bind one in the controller settings.
Unit One, This is a problem many are having. Me personally, I do the steps above, and can only get it to work maybe 10% of the time if i am lucky. This applies to checking housing and moving NPCs. It is definitely not consistent at all. Please Please Please see if this can be put on the list of things the Devs look at. I know it probably is not a high priority like Multiplayer, but it definitely makes things difficult when building houses and moving NPCs around the map to make them happy.

Unit One, This is a problem many are having. Me personally, I do the steps above, and can only get it to work maybe 10% of the time if i am lucky. This applies to checking housing and moving NPCs. It is definitely not consistent at all. Please Please Please see if this can be put on the list of things the Devs look at. I know it probably is not a high priority like Multiplayer, but it definitely makes things difficult when building houses and moving NPCs around the map to make them happy.
I completely understand, it sounds very frustrating.

One thing that worked for another player was to move the Housing “page group“ to the side of the inventory (where the bestiary used to be), so you can access it from the pause menu.

”Page Groups” can be moved like this… (you can read more at the announcement thread here: A Road Well Traveled - Terraria: Journey's End Launches on Xbox & PlayStation!

I completely understand, it sounds very frustrating.

One thing that worked for another player was to move the Housing “page group“ to the side of the inventory (where the bestiary used to be), so you can access it from the pause menu.

”Page Groups” can be moved like this… (you can read more at the announcement thread here: A Road Well Traveled - Terraria: Journey's End Launches on Xbox & PlayStation!
That actually worked for me! I added that page and every time i went in and out i could do what i needed. Thank you!

So, for anyone confused, here is a step by step on Xbox consoles:
(Default Binds)
1: Press Y to open inventory
2: Press RB to switch to your equipment, housing, and player inventory
3: Use Left Stick or RB to switch to housing
4: Go to your Question Mark, and then press Y to switch from inventory to your open world
5: From there you can press RT and check if houses are suitable
6: to move NPC’s is generally the same, however you select your NPC and not the question mark

P.S. NPC’s can only be moved at night/raining

So! None of these solutions worked for me. I specifically made an account to piece my word in that FINALLY fixed this bug for me: turning on autopause for both inventory and menus.
ah, so thats why i didn't have such an issue - it's because i had autopause for both inventory and menus

So! None of these solutions worked for me. I specifically made an account to piece my word in that FINALLY fixed this bug for me: turning on autopause for both inventory and menus.
Bless you for this. I was using a complicated work around that was destroying my soul. I'm fairly early game, so you've absolutely saved me!

Please help! I have tried every solution on this page and none of them proved fruitful. I am trying to learn how to build and this is really :red:ing me.

Back
Top Bottom