Other {[1.4 Idea]} {[Wavefinder's Update]}

Crazzi Turtle

Steampunker
Hello Terrarians and developers!

I have ideas for 1.4 terraria PC.
I introduce...

The Wavefinder's Update

The Ocean, sure is pretty huh?
Have you ever wondered what lies far beyond the beach? Well... Let me tell you, there is A LOT to find. From the new NPC named the "Sailor" you can buy all sorts of sailing equipment for your new journey across the sea!

The Sailor NPC acts like a travelling merchant. She'll arrive by the Harbour in hard mode ( That's on the left side of the world on the beach ) and ready to sell mutliple items.

Two of the Majour items she will sell is the Mysterious Map and Portable Boat. ( All items she sells, can only be bought once aswell )

Firstly, the Portable Boat acts like mount but can be used on water. However, when combined with the Mysterious Map, upon sailing to the edge of the world, you will be transported to an island. It could be small or big, but each one unique and different! To sail back to your main terraria island, all you have to do is sail to either the left or the right and you'll be transported home On either the left or right side of your island ( Depending which direction you go from the island you just explored, say if you go right, you'll end up on the left ).

Why should i explore these islands?

Well, each island is home to a hidden Treasure Chest, which has multiple goodies inside.

You may also wonder what happens to your map when you use it, upon using your map, it will change to a Less Mysterious Map which is labelled with a name of the island you just explored. Additionally, you can also re-use the map to sail back to the island.

Other items the "Sailor" will sell are : Ores, Ingots, various sea related items like corals or shark fins, custom furniture, pets, vanity items and weapons.

As well as islands with treasure and loot, islands will also have their fair share of agressive encounters. From pirates and sharks, to monsters and traps, there is plenty to explore and fight.

I would also like to suggest a few island ideas!

Goblin Camps
Ever wondered where the goblin army came from? See if you can fight through the 3 goblin camps. Each camp has their own mini-boss that you can fight to get Spirit Necklace shards. These shards, when combined with other materials can make the Spirit Necklace, when equipped can give the player their very own spirit. The spirit can do multiple things, this includes, item pickups, pointing to the direction of chests ( Not including treasure chests ) and being able to harvest ( and replant ) plants them without using any seeds.

Mushroom Island
As mysterious as this sounds, there is a small mushroom island with glowing mushrooms, mushroom trees and an awesome mushroom cave below the island!

Sea Temple
Legend says a sea temple lies in the ocean that nobody has ever explored before... At first, what looks like an ordinary island, if you look closely, there's a small sea temple lurking under the sand of the water. And inside of this temple, is a legendary sword name the Wave Blade which does 63 Melee Damage and shoots a wave of water at your enemies ( Which does not appear in water ), has a critical strike chance of 16%, average speed, auto swing, strong knock-back and increased damage in water.

Coral Reef
There isn't an island but instead a glorious coral reef at the bottom filled with corals, ores, minerals and best of all... A horrifying sea monster that lurks beneath it... Dare you break too many corals and wake up the beast? It's your choice.

Coral Sea Monster

This deadly snake coral sea monster is an exclusive to the coral reef island, it is not as powerful as planterra, but stronger than the mechanical bosses!

I hope you like my idea of exploring the ocean and perhaps add some or most of it into the 1.4 Update!
Thank you for reading,

Your fellow Terrarian Crazzi.

Stats and attacks for the enimies inside would be nice to see, but 2 questions. Why would i fight the sea monster? What makes the sword not rushable? I really like this concept, full support.

Stats and attacks for the enimies inside would be nice to see, but 2 questions. Why would i fight the sea monster? What makes the sword not rushable? I really like this concept, full support.
The sea monster would make the ocean more special, and people would take more time to explore, hoping that they could get the sea monster and be able to fight it so they can get expert items of course, along with other drops. You should fight the sea monster, as it is unique and a nice break to the usual grind of terraria's bosses.

The sword would be not that rushable, as you can only buy 1 map from the Sailor at a time. By the time you get the specific island that has the sea temple, you'd probably already have at least mythril or oricalcum gear.

The sea monster would be stronger than the mechanical bosses but weaker than planterra, so you could guess the Damage, defense and HP from looking at the bosses.
In terms of attacks, i feel like the sea monster would be speedy through water, and jump in and out of the water to try and eat you. It would occaisionally create huge waves, trying to wash you up! It would have a second phase ( At 1 / 3 of the HP ), where it gets faster, does more damage, and attacks far quicker. Aswell as that, it will have a new attack where releases leeches that will semi - jump out of the water and cling onto you doing damage each second, to get rid of the leeches, you'll need to run around or fly in the air and shake them off. Of course, it will need an expert attack and item. In expert mode, not only is the boss in second phase for the whole fight, it will also try and grab you with it's tail and throw you into a wall, or a block doing LOT's of damage, and giving the armour break debuff for 15 seconds. The expert item would be Leeches in a Bottle which, as you could probably guess, launches leaches out of your character upon taking damage.

I hope i helped you understand the concept a bit more, thank you for your support!
[doublepost=1515009908,1515009421][/doublepost]
Sprites, states, and more information on the coral reef boss and sea temple would make this better, but other than that, full support.
I may not be able to provide sprites, but i can give you information on the sea temple. Above is the Coral Reef Boss's info if you are interested!

The sea temple, as in the text provides the blade. It is smallish and made of sea temple bricks, which requires a pickaxe power of 110%. It will include a chest ( With the blade inside ) with ores, bars, etc. It isn't that big, so i can't really explain a lot, but expect to see a nice loot reward and blade. In tile size, i think the temple would be perhaps 25 x 25. It's fairly big, enough to fit in the chest and possibly decorations!

The sea monster would make the ocean more special, and people would take more time to explore, hoping that they could get the sea monster and be able to fight it so they can get expert items of course, along with other drops. You should fight the sea monster, as it is unique and a nice break to the usual grind of terraria's bosses.

The sword would be not that rushable, as you can only buy 1 map from the Sailor at a time. By the time you get the specific island that has the sea temple, you'd probably already have at least mythril or oricalcum gear.

The sea monster would be stronger than the mechanical bosses but weaker than planterra, so you could guess the Damage, defense and HP from looking at the bosses.
In terms of attacks, i feel like the sea monster would be speedy through water, and jump in and out of the water to try and eat you. It would occaisionally create huge waves, trying to wash you up! It would have a second phase ( At 1 / 3 of the HP ), where it gets faster, does more damage, and attacks far quicker. Aswell as that, it will have a new attack where releases leeches that will semi - jump out of the water and cling onto you doing damage each second, to get rid of the leeches, you'll need to run around or fly in the air and shake them off. Of course, it will need an expert attack and item. In expert mode, not only is the boss in second phase for the whole fight, it will also try and grab you with it's tail and throw you into a wall, or a block doing LOT's of damage, and giving the armour break debuff for 15 seconds. The expert item would be Leeches in a Bottle which, as you could probably guess, launches leaches out of your character upon taking damage.

I hope i helped you understand the concept a bit more, thank you for your support!
that really helped, thanks!

I'd like to get this post shown to the devs, if you can, maybe get your friends ( Who like terraria ) to maybe check this out!

It's not that these sort of ideas are bad, but you need to understand that they're simply impossible due to engine limitations. You also haven't really provided any details on the functions of these islands.

I'd like to get this post shown to the devs, if you can, maybe get your friends ( Who like terraria ) to maybe check this out!
If you want people to see your suggestion make a signature banner.

Back
Top Bottom