[1.4] - Stone is Gray Painted Sandstone by Varollo

Varollo

Terrarian
A lot of people (myself included) think gray painted sandstone is a much better stone than the actual stone block, so I change the stone texture to be gray painted sandstone block!

icon.png

STONE IS GRAY PAINTED SANDSTONE!

Here are some screenshots in-game of the textures changed

Capture 2020-06-10 23_08_16.png

Capture 2020-06-10 23_07_30.png

Capture 2020-06-10 23_10_39.png

BEFORE
Capture 2020-06-10 23_03_33.png

AFTER
Capture 2020-06-10 23_02_53.png

There is still some stuff to do, like the gemstone blocks and all the mosses and such, so I'll update it later once I got everything covered :)

Attachments

• Stone is Gray Painted Sandstone.zip
    12.5 KB · Views: 199
Maybe darken it a bit and add some contrast, right now it looks like snow or ash.

I tried making it look like actual gray painted sandstone block as much as I could, this was just an experiment to see what the world would look like anyway.

A lot of people (myself included) think gray painted sandstone is a much better stone than the actual stone block, so I change the stone texture to be gray painted sandstone block!

View attachment 277763

STONE IS GRAY PAINTED SANDSTONE!

Here are some screenshots in-game of the textures changed

View attachment 277759

View attachment 277760

View attachment 277761

There is still some stuff to do, like the gemstone blocks and all the mosses and such, so I'll update it later once I got everything covered :)
And much as I love this, I just can’t say I have to use it, I really only like using it sometimes, but anyways, glad to see this here!

This looks awesome, but I wonder how it would look like with black outlines?

when looking at before/after picture, etc. the vanilla stone has a black outline, just how dirt blocks do. with the painted sandstone's light-gray outline, they look a bit odd when next to other blocks such as dirt. I wonder how would they look like with black outlines?

otherwise it looks really cool!

As an idea, perhaps you could overlay the gem/moss sprites (removing the original stone out of that layer) with the sandstone sprites?

Back
Top Bottom