[1.4.4.9] TerrariaPatcher (plugins and more!)

Success! The Drop Rate plugin works! I just have to add all the drops manually, since doesn't seem to work to just call NPCLoot() (it crashes the game, probably because it becomes recursive xD).

I'll get back to you when it's finished.

EDIT: It's finished. Where should I upload it to if I don't have a github account?

Hang on, I do have a github account xD. Lemme see what I can do...
Set a flag to avoid the recursion issue. Don't put all the drops in there manually.. lol
Show me what you have and I'll point you in the right direction.

Set a flag to avoid the recursion issue. Don't put all the drops in there manually.. lol
Show me what you have and I'll point you in the right direction.

Actually, it's already finished, and it isn't that big. There are only around... 30 rare drops, which are really the only ones worth increasing. Anything with a Main.rand.Next(150) or greater chance isn't worth it IMO.

I'm setting up the repo now. Almost finished.

Link to the repo: https://github.com/blahblahbal/TerrariaPatcherPlugins

Could you add a way to make it to where mobs drop presents and goodie bags? I don't really want to cheat them in and changing the date & time on my pc screws things up on it.

Just found a bug in DropRates. It doesn't save the Factor into the Plugins.ini. Not sure how to do that, though. It overwrote the value I set in-game with 1.

EDIT: Just figured out how to do it, nevermind.

EDIT2: Fixed the bug; it's on the repo.

Last edited:
every time i try to run the moded Terraria.exe i get this error and its the same with every plugin in the plugin folder not just this one.

System.Exception: Compile error for plugin BuffRates: error CS1703: An assembly with the same identity 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=6.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed' has already been imported. Try removing one of the duplicate references.

at PluginLoader.Loader.Load(String name, String[] references, String[] sources)
at PluginLoader.Loader.Load()
at PluginLoader.Loader.OnItemSetDefaults(Item item)
at Terraria.Item.SetDefaults(Int32 Type, Boolean noMatCheck)
at Terraria.Main.Initialize()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at Terraria.Program.LaunchGame(String[] args)

everytime i backup my saves, there is this error and it doesn't save.
and then. it goes to the plugin options while it didn't save.

every time i try to run the moded Terraria.exe i get this error and its the same with every plugin in the plugin folder not just this one.

System.Exception: Compile error for plugin BuffRates: error CS1703: An assembly with the same identity 'Newtonsoft.Json, Version=6.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=30ad4fe6b2a6aeed' has already been imported. Try removing one of the duplicate references.

I've got the same error as you : o )

I've got the same error as you : o )
Are you guys using a non-Steam version of Terraria or something?

ok what i did was deleted every thing inside my terraria folder and let steam redownload every thing than i used the patcher again and it works.... maybe it was left over bits from an earlyer version or an earlyer mod pre 1.3

I disabled the HomingBullets plugin but it still works? is this a bug?

edit: The buff timers keep resetting and it's flickering like crazy (nvm i fixed it)

Last edited:
I disabled the HomingBullets plugin but it still works? is this a bug?

edit: The buff timers keep resetting and it's flickering like crazy (nvm i fixed it)

You probably forgot the remove the plugin from your plugin folder. Even if you remove the patch from your exe/repatch it, the plugins won't be removed and will still take effect.

You probably forgot the remove the plugin from your plugin folder. Even if you remove the patch from your exe/repatch it, the plugins won't be removed and will still take effect.
even with the plugin removed it still works.

@Transcend Out of curiosity, what would you have done instead of manually doing all the drops? I mean, it's easy to do it manually since there are only ~30 rare drops, but if there were more, I would definitely rather have done it a different way.

@Transcend Out of curiosity, what would you have done instead of manually doing all the drops? I mean, it's easy to do it manually since there are only ~30 rare drops, but if there were more, I would definitely rather have done it a different way.
Try this: http://hastebin.com/ebegekajin.avrasm
It looks like it works. Put it up to 20x and got over 1 Gold and 30 Gel from killing a slime.

v1.2.0.7: Added Season plugin.
Added ShopSellsScalingPotions plugin.
Added InfiniteSundial plugin.
Added ChestSearch plugin.
Added LoadoutSwap plugin.
Added administrator privileges warning when patching.
Added new 'spawn at cursor' command for NPC plugin.
Added /range command to UseTime plugin.
Added /plugins command to loader.
Added new hotkey-command bindings. Check plugin notes.
Added new Shared folder for shared plugin source code.
Added plugin support for IPluginInitialize, IPluginDrawInventory, IPluginUpdateTime.
Fixed bug with plugin support for Newtonsoft.Json.dll.

Last edited:
Try this: http://hastebin.com/ebegekajin.avrasm
It looks like it works. Put it up to 20x and got over 1 Gold and 30 Gel from killing a slime.

Hmm... That works, yeah. But it would also fill your inventory with a billion gel. Or bones if you're in the dungeon. Or living fire blocks if you're in HM hell. Or y'know. Whatever. Lol.

Just because it's less code doesn't always mean it's practical.

EDIT: Looks like that code has a small bug in it, just noticed.
Code:
if (factor > 0) factor--;

should be

Code:
if (factor > 1) factor--;

Otherwise it'd reduce factor to 0.

Hmm... That works, yeah. But it would also fill your inventory with a billion gel. Or bones if you're in the dungeon. Or living fire blocks if you're in HM hell. Or y'know. Whatever. Lol.

Just because it's less code doesn't always mean it's practical.

EDIT: Looks like that code has a small bug in it, just noticed.
Code:
if (factor > 0) factor--;

should be

Code:
if (factor > 1) factor--;

Otherwise it'd reduce factor to 0.
But I could argue that yours is even less practical because you wouldn't receive the 20x drop rate for those rare item drops.. This way, you know exactly what you're getting :) If you're bothered by the excess of :red:ty drops, grab the InventoryEnhancements Plugin and discover the magic of AutoTrash.

And also.. that is no bug :) I'm allowing a drop rate of 0.

v1.2.0.8: Added DropRates plugin.

But I could argue that yours is even less practical because you wouldn't receive the 20x drop rate for those rare item drops.. This way, you know exactly what you're getting :) If you're bothered by the excess of :red:ty drops, grab the InventoryEnhancements Plugin and discover the magic of AutoTrash.

And also.. that is no bug :) I'm allowing a drop rate of 0.

v1.2.0.8: Added DropRates plugin.

Heh, alright. I guess I'll just -- Hang on, wait. How would I not receive the 20x drop rate for rare drops? I don't get it o_O. The way I did it, it should work. And it does. I got like, 7 corruption keys in less than 25 minutes of playing.

Anyway, I think there should be two modes for the drop rates. (I mean, configurability is cool, right? XD) Everything, and just rare drops. It could be handled with a bool saved to Plugins.ini. I'll merge the two CS files, then commit to my repo with credit to you for your part.

Heh, alright. I guess I'll just -- Hang on, wait. How would I not receive the 20x drop rate for rare drops? I don't get it o_O. The way I did it, it should work. And it does. I got like, 7 corruption keys in less than 25 minutes of playing.

Anyway, I think there should be two modes for the drop rates. (I mean, configurability is cool, right? XD) Everything, and just rare drops. It could be handled with a bool saved to Plugins.ini. I'll merge the two CS files, then commit to my repo with credit to you for your part.
Ohhh my bad. I didn't read -_-
I thought that you only included the common drops. Hmm.. then your method would be ideal if you were trying to farm for the rare drops and avoid extra common drops. I still dislike the fact that you have to hardcode those values in.. because then in the future, any Terraria updates to those chances wouldn't be reflected in your code.

Ohhh my bad. I didn't read -_-
I thought that you only included the common drops. Hmm.. then your method would be ideal if you were trying to farm for the rare drops and avoid extra common drops. I still dislike the fact that you have to hardcode those values in.. because then in the future, any Terraria updates to those chances wouldn't be reflected in your code.

Yeah, I see your point. I dunno if there's really anything we can do about it though.

Also, just committed the changes to my repo. I'll be testing it out in a minute or two.

Back
Top Bottom