[1.4.4.9] TerrariaPatcher (plugins and more!)

outta curiosity, is it possible to also include a means to patch on custom textures? just curious is all.

EDITed because double the As

Well, I'm not entirely sure how to make the movement more fluid so here's as far as I can take NoClip with the time I have to devote to it.

You can pass through walls, but there's no hovering above ground or passing through most things that cause harm without getting stuck.

I feel like caching the player's position and keeping them there until a movement key is pressed is the direction it needs to go, for anyone interested it making it better.

Sorry for bugging you with requests, but would it be possible to have the game use Expert Drops and Drop rates, and maybe even expert AI, without actually being in Expert Mode? I beat Expert Mode, but I'd rather not deal with how tanky everything is, and I don't think I can live without the expert exclusive items.
Edit: Oh! And infinite Sundial uses.

Last edited:
Well, I'm not entirely sure how to make the movement more fluid so here's as far as I can take NoClip with the time I have to devote to it.

You can pass through walls, but there's no hovering above ground or passing through most things that cause harm without getting stuck.

I feel like caching the player's position and keeping them there until a movement key is pressed is the direction it needs to go, for anyone interested it making it better.
Nicely done. I'll check it out sometime and see about including it.

Sorry for bugging you with requests, but would it be possible to have the game use Expert Drops and Drop rates, and maybe even expert AI, without actually being in Expert Mode? I beat Expert Mode, but I'd rather not deal with how tanky everything is, and I don't think I can live without the expert exclusive items.
Edit: Oh! And infinite Sundial uses.
Hmm not sure. There is just one flag that is checked for spawning monsters / drops in expert mode called Main.expert. If I set it to true in a plugin, the whole game will act like its in expert mode and start spawning the tanky mobs. I'm sure its possible just not sure if its worth the effort it would take.

Fishing rod + Usetime 1 = Heaven
Nice find.

v1.2.0.1: Added SkipSplash plugin.
Fixed UseTime (autoreuse) command bug.
Fixed Respawn plugin.
Fixed GodMode plugin to use statLifeMax2 instead of statLifeMax.
Fixed Reveal plugin to use UpdateLighting instead of Update method.
Changed Teleport plugin to use friendly teleport method.

Currently have a weird bug going on. A lot of my items that stack (torches, blocks, wood, etc) are dropping in quantity incredibly fast without me using them. Just by having them selected on my item bar starts to consume them. The current Plugins I have on are: BuffRates, HomingBullets, MoreAccesorySlots, Respawn, SkipSplash,Time and UseTime. If more info is needed lemme know.

Skeet skeet.

Attachments

• EHRMHERGHERD.jpg
    EHRMHERGHERD.jpg
    312.1 KB · Views: 588
Tried it, but when I tried to run it from Steam, it said "Please Launch the game from your Steam Client". I restored my own back up of the exe, and it said the same thing. I then deleted all of the terraria contents, re-validated the files, let it esentially re-install and it still said the same thing. What do?
http://steamcommunity.com/id/OtterSlinger/ Here's my steam account, so you can see I do actually have the game on steam.
Edit: Deleted Local Content and reinstalled it, still nothing.
Edit 2: After my computer was restarted, reinstalled Terraria, and it works. Afraid to retry getting the patcher to work though.

Last edited:
Currently have a weird bug going on. A lot of my items that stack (torches, blocks, wood, etc) are dropping in quantity incredibly fast without me using them. Just by having them selected on my item bar starts to consume them. The current Plugins I have on are: BuffRates, HomingBullets, MoreAccesorySlots, Respawn, SkipSplash,Time and UseTime. If more info is needed lemme know.
Don't use Builder buff/potion in conjunction with the UseTime plugin. Its hard to explain why but it causes issues. I spent a long time trying to figure out a way around it but I just can't. :(

Tried it, but when I tried to run it from Steam, it said "Please Launch the game from your Steam Client". I restored my own back up of the exe, and it said the same thing. I then deleted all of the terraria contents, re-validated the files, let it esentially re-install and it still said the same thing. What do?
http://steamcommunity.com/id/OtterSlinger/ Here's my steam account, so you can see I do actually have the game on steam.
Edit: Deleted Local Content and reinstalled it, still nothing.
Try running Steam as administrator first, then run Terraria from that.

Don't use Builder buff/potion in conjunction with the UseTime plugin. Its hard to explain why but it causes issues. I spent a long time trying to figure out a way around it but I just can't. :(

Try running Steam as administrator first, then run Terraria from that.

Good to know you have identified the issue so we can avoid too. Thanks. Was really a bummer spawning the sweet items and see them vanish after.

I made a quick video walking people through the process of using terrariapatcher for those who prefer video walkthroughs :D

hey I was wondering if there was a way to add more then 2 accessory slots if there isn't I understand I'd just like to add more

hey I was wondering if there was a way to add more then 2 accessory slots if there isn't I understand I'd just like to add more
No currently there is not. The Terraria save file only supports the 2 accessory slots, if we increase to 3 we get issues.

No currently there is not. The Terraria save file only supports the 2 accessory slots, if we increase to 3 we get issues.

Well, I remember there being support for up to 15 accessory slots in Shockah's accessory slot mod, so unless those slots' saving methods got drastically changed in 1.3, I would think it is possible.

does it work with servers

yes, very yes, assuming you're going only onto vanilla servers, and don't mind certain plugins that have to affect the server to work not working.

what works is more accessory slots, anything that has to do with one's inventory, that item summoning plugin...

basically so long as you don't need to turn on or off both types of rain, trigger invasions or tinker with enemy spawn rates, you can use everything this patcher has to offer.

when the accessory slot plugin is fixed can you make it so that our accessory slots can be scrolled up/down?
loving the mod so far.

Back
Top Bottom