Standalone [1.4.4] Terrasavr, web-based inventory editor

Its on chrome. I also seem to have gotten it to work by shrinking the size of the window from full screen to a smaller size, and it has not crashed yet. EDit: apparently my driver stopped responding and when it recovered it had happened again. I was on terraria at the time with my newly created character, and the only thing affected was that page, so yeah.

Last edited:
Oh, I haven't heard of that one before. Does this happen regardless of how large the browser window is? And in what browser?
Could be because the the image with items had grown pretty large (1280x4680 with 1.3.1 update), but I had an impression that hardware acceleration in browsers wouldn't be trying to handle something it obviously can't.
I'm using Google Chrome version 50.0.2661.102 (just updated it to version 51.0.2704.63 a minute after posting), Windows 10 Tech Preview build 14342 and Nvidia 368.22 driver (released 5/23/2016). No problems to report here. It there's a problem, it's probably specific to his system.

@CometStreakTheDragon, I would check for updated drivers for your graphics card. The way you're describing the issue, it sounds like you have a driver problem or the driver wasn't installed correctly (perhaps a corrupted download?). I have noticed however that sometimes on Facebook, black splotches would show up for no reason. This is usually remedied by closing the browser and re-opening it, sometimes even a simple refresh would correct it. So the problem would more likely be between the driver and chrome itself.

I get the black webpage screen only in the browser when the driver is unresponsive, it then loads back all but the images for all of the sprites, and it is easily fixed by a refresh. I have latest graphics for intel(R) Hd, yet they still say it is version windows 8 when the error happens. I also checked for updates via device manager and it is up to date. so it is probably one of those two things (maybe windows 10 version of driver not ready yet and chrome uses a windows 10 based code library meant for windows 10 version drivers?)

This is only a minor annoyance, but the Bank and the Safe have the same grid as the player grid (minus one row), but the width of the grid (horizontally) doesn't match the actual in-game grid. As someone who loves sorting things vertically this somewhat annoys me as what I placed in the grid doesn't match what it will eventually look like in my inventory.

From what im seeing, it only brings up certain modifiers for all accesories (example: when im putting a modifier on my Ankh Shield, it brings up modifiers that dont GO on that item, and theres no way to search for a certain modifier.) Just an idea, make modifiers searchable like the items...unless im missing something...

From what im seeing, it only brings up certain modifiers for all accesories (example: when im putting a modifier on my Ankh Shield, it brings up modifiers that dont GO on that item, and theres no way to search for a certain modifier.) Just an idea, make modifiers searchable like the items...unless im missing something...
Click on Postive/Negative. It will show the other modifiers belong to either postive or negative stuff in categories.

ok so this is a pretty simple problem, but when I click "Save Player," it opens a new tab and does not save the player. Can anyone help fix?

-- Double Post Merged By Staff --

Ok I got my problem fixed now a new issue. I have read the troubleshooting issues on saving and none of that is helping. I click save, and replace the current .plr file with the new one. The pop-up window goes away, and nothing happens in game. I have the game closed, I wait like 5 mins before even starting the game up and no changes are mad to my character. PLEASE HELP!!

Last edited by a moderator:
ok so this is a pretty simple problem, but when I click "Save Player," it opens a new tab and does not save the player. Can anyone help fix?

-- Double Post Merged By Staff --

Ok I got my problem fixed now a new issue. I have read the troubleshooting issues on saving and none of that is helping. I click save, and replace the current .plr file with the new one. The pop-up window goes away, and nothing happens in game. I have the game closed, I wait like 5 mins before even starting the game up and no changes are mad to my character. PLEASE HELP!!

Make sure Terraria is not accessing your player file (Zaillee.plr for example) while using the program to edit and save your character file. If you aren't sure, just make sure Terraria is closed before any editing and then save the .plr file and then start Terraria. If Terraria is open while you are trying to make changes it may not allow access to the save or it may be overwriting the save itself. Hope this helps.

Dunno if this has been longstanding, but the "Clothes Style" options do not in fact show you the clothing options.

Dunno if this has been longstanding, but the "Clothes Style" options do not in fact show you the clothing options.
That's an issue for as long as new styles were added. I need to rewrite a chunk of program for that, and I'm still getting to it because there's always other work to do.

Also updated to 1.3.3. Curiously, there is no noticeable bump in visits to the program' page for these past two updates.

Possibly because there aren't many new items that can't be easily gotten. Also I do know that Shoot updated his EXE-based editor recently, so that probably hit your site a little. But you should see some traffic again unless Shoot is back for good.

Possibly because there aren't many new items that can't be easily gotten. Also I do know that Shoot updated his EXE-based editor recently, so that probably hit your site a little. But you should see some traffic again unless Shoot is back for good.
World of Warcraft: Legion was recently released, so some people could have picked up World of Warcraft to check out the new expansion which could hit both Terrasavr and Terraria if there are WoW players here (such as myself). There are other games and patches for games being released, and I'm pretty sure Terraria isn't the only game the community plays in their spare time. Let's also not forget that school has resumed, so students of all ages are back in the classroom again.

Weird bug: the Lamia Wraps and Nimbus Rod have the Mythical modifier as default in the editor, among others that I've stumbled onto. Also, the Shrimpy Truffle is not in the mount group.

Last edited:
Updated to 1.3.4.

The new items display largely correctly and saving/loading seems to work, but please make backups regardless.

It appears like there's also a new storage (like bank/safe) but I don't yet know what that's named or what it does, so the tab is just named "???".

Have fun!

I cannot seem to get the buffs TSB file to work properly. Loading equips and vanity seems to work fine, and I can SAVE the TSB... But when I try to load that TSB, nothing happens. I even tried it like this:

*) Set up buffs
*) Save to a TSB
*) Remove some of those buffs
*) Load the TSB

The buffs I removed stay removed; They aren't restored by loading the TSB.

I'm not sure if I'm doing something wrong, but I don't know what else I COULD be doing...

Back
Top Bottom