tModLoader [1.4.4] TerraGuardians - Terraria Companions Mod

Well, gladly, my issue with tModLoader 1.4 seems to have gotten fixed somehow, so I can not only play, but mod on tModLoader 1.4.
It's planned that I'll recreate the mod on tModLoader 1.4, but for that, I'll need to find a good moment to begin working on that.
If the mod comes out on tModLoader 1.4, I'll probably have to re-release companions gradually.

Tldr: Yes, it's planned. No idea when it might come out.

You should be able to dismiss a companion by speaking with them, and asking them to leave your group, or by opening the companion list (bulldog face on the inventory), selecting the companion, and dismissing them from there.

If you picked the companion from Buddies Mode selection, then there is no way you can dismiss that companion.

Sorry for the false alarm, but I managed to get some progress on the 1.4 port, and I wanted to show it.
This is being challenging because I'm trying to make the companions inherit most of what a player can do and has, and that's kicking my behind sometimes (like in the case of the item script).
Well, let's hope no more hairy issues and boring code porting happens again, and also that this ends up being successful, so we can all get into play Terraria with your buddies, heh.

Well, that's all I have to say. Cheering for me helps btw, heh.

Until another time.

Good job on that so far. Also, a quick question as I forget. Can Fluffles/Kummel be ressurrected?(As in stop being a ghost, and be alive again) I think they were after I killed the WoF in my one world, but I started a new one with Fluffles a couple days ago.

Good job on that so far. Also, a quick question as I forget. Can Fluffles/Kummel be ressurrected?(As in stop being a ghost, and be alive again) I think they were after I killed the WoF in my one world, but I started a new one with Fluffles a couple days ago.
Sorry, but she can't. She's already dead and can't be undone, but gladly she can still try helping you while in that state.
Beside, even though you managed to avenge her, she will still need to overcome the trauma that caused her to be unable to speak,
which I'll still have to work on in the future.

Also, there's 5 possible ways she could have died, with the reason depending on the haunt your character receives upon being caught by her.
The one from Wall of Flesh probably is because you was caught after starting Hardmode.
Anyways, the only thing that changes is what you need to kill to avenge her.
good job it looks nice!
Thanks. I'll try keep doing better.

Interesting, what will happen when I do kill the thing? In my new world with my new dude I have to level up (as I am using an RPG mod) before taking on any boss, so I won't know for a while. I did get a cool sword as a request reward which is neat.

Interesting, what will happen when I do kill the thing? In my new world with my new dude I have to level up (as I am using an RPG mod) before taking on any boss, so I won't know for a while. I did get a cool sword as a request reward which is neat.
I guess you'll have to find out then what happens, heh. Beside, this is a companions mod, so you might have an idea of what happens.
Also, do not worry much about the haunt, since it's actually her way of asking people for help and have her avenged, so she doesn't hinders the person she's on the shoulder of (It would be really annoying if she gave debuffs that could hinder you in combat).

Well as she is my stating companion for the new character, she doesn't haunt him too, she just floats and follows him around. And helps in combat. She's pretty nice in combat too, but I noticed that she doesn't get a friendship? bonus from eating food. I think I remember Blue would get some here and there from food I think.
By the way we both have top hats now. Also, I think it would be nice if terraguardians that aren't in your party could retreat, as I watched Sardine and Rocco get down a couple times each in a blood moon, and they weren't doing that well against the mobs, and would just smack the mobs over and over and chug health potions. And even when Rocco was brought into my house due to FLuffles, he still stupidly ran out (not his fault though).

If your companion friendship is 0, you need to speak to them at least once, or do a request for them in order for them to get to at least level 1, and begin gaining friendship levels.
That's to avoid companions that doesn't know you of gaining friendship levels.

I thought I added measures to solve that issue with starter companions, but I guess I missed something.
By the way, you can talk with following companions, by hovering the mouse over them, until the triple dots turns into a dialogue bubble.

I know, I've been doing that. Fluffles is at four hearts and something right now from requests and time together. Also. they should really learn to retreat because Sardine (who is not following me) died the other night because he didn't retreat during a blood moon. Also I am getting a weird bug as I keep seeing "(Character name) settles in your world" over and over again.

That might be because of Cille. Cille has special condition for appearing in the world, also counting the fact that she comes with her own house too.
Companions might find her house suitable for living in when she's not around, also making so they lose the house when she arrives.
I recommend you to make a house for the extra companion moving in.

Alright, I will go and build some when I play again, but where is Cille's house? Also the characters would be for example Sardine and Krumel that kept 'settling'.

I'm delighted to see that this mod is still being worked on! (Even if I haven't used it in many months now.) I am very much looking forward to its public appearance in 1.4, and I'm glad that you are finding success in your endeavors to make it happen. I'm rooting for you!

Thanks.
I'll try getting the mod basics done and get it in a playable state,
so I can release an alpha of it and people be able to play it earlier.

I always develop further stuff I do after launch, so might even be interesting too.

Back
Top Bottom