[1.4] Town NPCs by Deon - alternative sprites selection

Deon

Terrarian
This started as an idea of a few NPC tweaks, as I like the early game which feels like high fantasy and monsters, but the nurse and the painter stand out for me, with their modern look.
Now I use this thread to post variations of NPC looks, and you can suggest yours if you want.

Guaranteed:
- Works in game.
- TownNPC/generic/party sprites are done.
- Map icon/NPC housing icon is done.

These are three separate "texture packs" (technically 1 NPC replacer each), so you can install only those that you want.

Name: "NPC by Deon - Nurse the Nun"
Description: "Retextures nurse as a nun, for those who prefer a less-modern look. Nuns often assisted wounded soldiers, but I don't think any of them were as poignant as our nurse."
skfMT30.png

Name: "NPC by Deon - Dryad the Green"
Description: "Retextures dryad into a plantoid creature. Suits those who would rather see a magical plant-like girl than a green haired girl in bikini."
1SsBkb6.png

Name: "NPC by Deon - Dryad the Elf"
Description: "An alternative look for the dryad, which turns her into a purple-haired elf."
QFj7E6d.png

Name: "NPC by Deon - Painter of Olde"
Description: "Retextures the painter into renaissance-style clothing, for those who prefer a less modern look. Remark: A fancy beret and a set of uncommon clothing do not guarantee creativity."
t2kWTN5.png

Name: "NPC by Deon - Goblin the Grease"
Description: "An alternative retexture of the goblin tinkerer to give him a mechanic-like look and green hair, with a vibe coming from games like Warcraft."
1eqoaSW.png

Name: "NPC by Deon - Cyborg the T1K",
Description: "A skeleton-like mechanical cyborg version, dressed in a biker clothing for some reason. Come with him if you want to live."
P.S. His eye glows in the dark.
hbPEyul.png
MRhgkej.png

Installation instructions:

1. Unpack the folders for replacers that you want into proper folders:
- On Windows: "My Documents\My Games\Terraria\ResourcePacks"
- On Mac, open Finder and press "Go" on the top. Then press "Go to folder...". Type in ~Library/Application Support/Terraria/ResourcePacks
- On Linux, $XDG_DATA_HOME/Terraria/ResourcePacks

The correct path for reference:
C:\Users\Deon\Documents\My Games\Terraria\ResourcePacks\NPC by Deon - Dryad the Green\pack.json

2. Enable the desired pack in the Main Menu -> Texture packs.
3. Enjoy.

In-game preview
VZqzY9t.png

p8glxX9.png

gi8jnXP.png

Download:
See the attachments.

Attachments

• NPC by Deon - pack.zip
    113.5 KB · Views: 4,046
Last edited:
Thank you. The dryad is a bit of a lazy recolor + bigger flower, she just looks better like this in the new fully natural treehouse I build for her. I may come up with alternatives.

If you have an NPC that you NEED to have looking different, let me know and I will try to come up with something that is within my skill limits.

I've added an alternative look for the Dryad, which is based on Zilem's avatar.

QFj7E6d.png
Now that, that I like. Great job on it. Fits perfectly in the game, especially since I never liked her default hair.

(Also credit to Zilem for a cool avatar and sprite pack.)

Added an alternative look for the cyborg:

Name: "NPC by Deon - Cyborg the T1K",
Description: "A skeleton-like mechanical cyborg version, dressed in a biker clothing for some reason. Come with him if you want to live."
P.S. His eye glows in the dark.
hbPEyul.png
MRhgkej.png

Say, any inspiration for the zoologist? She has two forms so it's a big order.

Or the Arms Dealer? I could see more of a darker colored trench coat on him and maybe a scar of possible.

Now that, that I like. Great job on it. Fits perfectly in the game, especially since I never liked her default hair.

(Also credit to Zilem for a cool avatar and sprite pack.)

@Deon Any chance for another respite with her ginormous elf ears to be covered by her hair?

What about replacing the nurse with Mikan Tsumiki from Danganronpa? I tried doing it by myself but i'm really bad at spriting

These look great!!! Do you think you might be able to re-sprite the stylist at some point? Alts for her seem to be sorta rare.

These resprites are amazing!
I really love the Goblin Tinkerer one!
I did see that the gore sprites weren't resprited, tho I don't know if there was something preventing you from adding those...
I might try creating some...

Are there any other mods like this? I am having trouble finding others and I'd be surprised if the game has been out this long and there aren't other NPC resprite packs.

For the last week I've been using most of these textures and they're wonderful! I'm really digging the fantasy/demodernised look.

man this is really good! i like the cyborg and tinkerer sprites those are my favorites

Back
Top Bottom