1.4 - Trap fixes DISCUSSION

Mechafilipes

Official Terrarian
Hey there people! I made this post to make a... discussion about trap fixes in 1.4... I think that now when the 1.4 is out many many many mechanisms stopped working... So I have been testing some new stuff and came out with some not entirely working (but somewhat usable) flame-traps.

As we know in 1.4 in order for monsters to spawn and target you they have to so called "see you" and have a way to get to you and try to kill you. I have found few ways to trick this targeting but I want to ask you, people to write your ideas here because 1.4 really changed the whole system of traps and wire mechanizms. I hope we can help each other by this.
Thank you.

Hey there people! I made this post to make a... discussion about trap fixes in 1.4... I think that now when the 1.4 is out many many many mechanisms stopped working... So I have been testing some new stuff and came out with some not entirely working (but somewhat usable) flame-traps.

As we know in 1.4 in order for monsters to spawn and target you they have to so called "see you" and have a way to get to you and try to kill you. I have found few ways to trick this targeting but I want to ask you, people to write your ideas here because 1.4 really changed the whole system of traps and wire mechanizms. I hope we can help each other by this.
Thank you.
I haven't played 1.4 much, but maybe have the path switch from reachable and unreachable with actuators?

Wait, what? Source for this?
sorry but couldnt find, however try it yourself. If I know well one of the most basic traps was closing yourself in a pyramid shape structure with lava in middle. This for example doesnt work anymore because monsters will stop spawning

I've built a mini volcano near ocean for early pirate invasion farming, similar setup near spawn for goblins and an underground teleporter based farm.
Npc spawning worked as in previous versions as far as i could tell.

edit: Was your farm underground and did you have lifeform analyzer to detect skeleton merchant spawning and reducing spawn rates? Or radar for that matter?

Last edited:
I've built a mini volcano near ocean for early pirate invasion farming, similar setup near spawn for goblins and an underground teleporter based farm.
Npc spawning worked as in previous versions as far as i could tell.

edit: Was your farm underground and did you have lifeform analyzer to detect skeleton merchant spawning and reducing spawn rates? Or radar for that matter?
Everything was as it should have been and everything worked at first, but when I stayed in the enclosed "volcano" for more than a minute it stopped working and monsters didnt spawn

I've been using the regular old pyramid with lava design, works fine for me. I cleared out an area about 5 blocks larger in all directions for the spawning region and walled everything below the spawning platform. It works like a charm :)

Thank you.
Mob spawns were not changed, neither was targeting.

Back
Top Bottom