(1.4) What difficulty do you play the most on?

What difficulty do you use?

• Classic

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Expert

Votes: 23 59.0%
  • Master

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Journey with all powers used.

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Journey with all powers except godmode

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Journey but only duplicating cheap items for QoL

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Other (Post)

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
i play whatever difficulty my friends are playing on, which is usually expert.

i can't sit down and play terraria solo from scratch otherwise because the earlygame is too tedious for me. the closest i've come has been just playing journey-normal for casual exploration and journey-expert on bosses.

Mine is a bit specific, but...
  • Journey Mode + Master Mode Difficulty
  • Drunk World (seed) + Increased Enemy Spawn Rate
  • Desert Tiger (broken prefix) + Apprentice Scarf (no prefix)
This is normally how I play the game after defeating all Bosses & collecting most content. The next playthrough is typically a challenge run of some sort, allowing my Toon to do some of the fun stuff, early game, that'd normally be impossible under normal circumstances. As time goes on, I'm really starting to appreciate the Flinx Gear & Finch Staff, because normally I'd start my Summoner off with a Slime Staff, but it's not really necessary anymore (I checked-off Master Mode btw).

After jumping from Classic to JMFTW in my 2nd run of terraria, Master mode seems trivial to me and is hence the only mode I play. Currently on my 10th and 11th runs - Mage celebrationmk10 and wingless arrow weapons only

Master mode doesn’t make any meaningful difficulty changes besides stuff that literally didn’t affect anyone who nohit bosses already, so I play expert because I see no reason to change that besides stuff which is anti-QoL for me at worst.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom