(1.4) What difficulty do you play the most on?

What difficulty do you use?

• Classic

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Expert

Votes: 23 59.0%
  • Master

Votes: 6 15.4%
  • Journey with all powers used.

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Journey with all powers except godmode

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Journey but only duplicating cheap items for QoL

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Other (Post)

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Right now I'm doing regular playthrough on expert and master, to get a feeling of how the game really feels, and let me tell you, once 1.4.1 comes out I'm not making any worlds other than journey ever again (unless I decide to revive my YT channel). Mostly for 3 reasons:
1) Finch staff at the start. I could live without the wings and mirror, but having the ability to actually start a summoner game without world-hoping, using seeds or relying on rng is amazing.
2) some QoL things, such as not having to wait for traveling merchants, getting increased building range, not having to worry about gathering materials for building etc.
3) So that I don't have to kill the pacing of the game by AFKing until certain things happen. Need a blood moon? Cycle the days, freeze on a blood moon and grind everything you need. Instead of, you know, falling into a coma for in-game months (real-life hours), hoping one will eventually show up.
Godmode is a yikes tho.

I think once tmod 1.4 comes out I'm mostly just going to do modded playthroughs with QoL mods installed, because a lot of the Journey features feel to cheaty to me.

I mean, that's honestly up to whether you can restrict yourself from using them or not. If you can resist the temptation to dupe money, or turn on godmode, or slide down the difficulty - then you're not gonna feel as if it's cheaty.

As much as I hate to admit it, I play on master mode because of that sweet accessory slot.
The bullet sponge enemies don't bother me because I play because I don't play as ranger but the increase in damage can be quite frustrating when playing mage, higher mobility items can help with that a ton though.

Really I just play on any difficulty master mode and journey the most I’m thinking of doing a bunch of series just in normal or journey mode(set to journey mode except for guides)
Really I think I should go through each difficulty and slowly make my way up to master mode so then I can get better at it and die less lol

Usually Expert. I’ve also done Normal a lot when introducing friends to the game.

Master is annoying because nothing new was done with the bosses and enemies and it’s literally just Expert with more frustrating invasions and taking longer to kill things.

Journey Mode is cool, I’ve done a few runs with it while refusing to use Godmode, dupe anything beyond core resources or change the difficulty. It’s really helpful to be able to skip time and research items as you need, but it just made the game feel too fast and removed the “downtime” you get from preparing potions for bosses or making AFK farms and stuff like that, which I actually kind of enjoy.

I play on Master, gotten used to the difficulty and it almost seems easy in comparison to the infuriating nightmare that was Master FTW (which I done just for the novelty of it, never doing that again). I do think it's a bit of a cheap difficulty with inflated stats but my chronic min-maxing makes up for it somewhat, and I like making a trophy room, as well as using some of the exclusive pets. Even the extra accessory slot is appealing even if it doesn't come close to compensating for the difficulty.

I play Expert because the existence of Master Mode insults me with how low effort it is and I refuse to acknowledge that it's a mode that was unironically meant to be played, plus I've nohit almost every boss anyway so master mode does absolutely nothing to affect the difficulty for me besides anti-quality of life during non bosses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom