1.4 White screen then crash on startup

ptbsde155

Official Terrarian
Hello fellow Terrarians! A friend of mine ran into an issue while starting the game after the 1.4 update where he gets
a white screen, then after about 2 or 3 seconds the game crashes.

These are the possible solutions he already tried, and below is the crashlog he sent me last:

*Running in compatibility mode
*Running as an administrator
*Re-installing .Net Framework and Microsoft XNA
*Updating Graphics Card Driver
*Re-installing the game
*Manually deleting the game files before re-installing
*Verifying game files integrity through steam (In which it says 1 or 2 files were repaired)
*Shutting down any "Razer" related processes through task manager.
*Adding the below lines to config.json and launching the game with their values set to either true or false (He did not have these lines added in his config.json file beforehand, and the issue persists with and without them):
-"UseRazerRGB": true,
-"UseCorsairRGB": true,
-"UseLogitechRGB": true,

Error Logging Enabled.
Resolution changed to: 1366x768.
================
21/05/2020 21:53:17: First-Chance Exception
Thread: 1 [Main Thread]
Culture: pt-BR
Exception: System.DllNotFoundException: Não é possível carregar a DLL 'RzChromaSDK.dll': Não foi possível encontrar o módulo especificado. (Exceção de HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
em ReLogic.Peripherals.RGB.Razer.NativeMethods.Init()
em ReLogic.Peripherals.RGB.Razer.RazerDeviceGroup.Initialize()
================

Razer Chroma not supported: System.DllNotFoundException: Não é possível carregar a DLL 'RzChromaSDK.dll': Não foi possível encontrar o módulo especificado. (Exceção de HRESULT: 0x8007007E)
em ReLogic.Peripherals.RGB.Razer.NativeMethods.Init()
em ReLogic.Peripherals.RGB.Razer.RazerDeviceGroup.Initialize()
================
Exception: ReLogic.Peripherals.RGB.DeviceInitializationException: Corsair initialization failed with: CE_ServerNotFound
em ReLogic.Peripherals.RGB.Corsair.CorsairDeviceGroup.Initialize()
================

Corsair RGB not supported: ReLogic.Peripherals.RGB.DeviceInitializationException: Corsair initialization failed with: CE_ServerNotFound
em ReLogic.Peripherals.RGB.Corsair.CorsairDeviceGroup.Initialize()
================
Exception: ReLogic.Peripherals.RGB.DeviceInitializationException: LogitechGSDK failed to initialize.
em ReLogic.Peripherals.RGB.Logitech.LogitechDeviceGroup.Initialize()
================

Logitech RGB not supported: ReLogic.Peripherals.RGB.DeviceInitializationException: LogitechGSDK failed to initialize.
em ReLogic.Peripherals.RGB.Logitech.LogitechDeviceGroup.Initialize()

He does have a HS50 Corsair Headset, but no Corsair, Razer, or Logitech lighting or RGB software installed.

I hope someone can help me find a solution to help him out, as he is unable to play the game since the update launched.
Thanks in advance for any help!

Attachments

• Log_20200521215315173.log
    1.8 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Sounds Like A Problem I Have Currently. If You Have Files In Your Resource Pack Folder Move Or Delete Them, This Fixed The Problem For Me. If This Doesn't Work Then It Might Not Be The Same Problem That I Have.

Sounds Like A Problem I Have Currently. If You Have Files In Your Resource Pack Folder Move Or Delete Them, This Fixed The Problem For Me. If This Doesn't Work Then It Might Not Be The Same Problem That I Have.
Note: I Don't Currently Own Any Logitech, Razor, etc.. And I Still Get This Crash

Hey there! I'd like to apologize for the necro on this thread, however, I am having the EXACT same issue!

I've attached my own logs, however, I do NOT own any razer products or have razer apps installed on my PC, just a G513 Logitech keyboard, a corsair M65 Mouse, and a Roccat Elo 7.1 Air.

I've currently:
- Updated my drivers to the latest (AMD rx570 4GB)
- Restarted my computer
- Run compatibility mode
- Administrator mode used
- Verified files over and over - (for some reason it keeps telling me that one file is missing, however, I can see that 'installscript.vdf' is being deleted and then reinstalled during that process, I'm unsure that it's having much of an effect though.
- Stopped defender from working
- Re-installed Terraria
Apart from that, I have no idea what else to try.

During writing this all up, I thought about just installing the razer suite, however even that isn't working for me - either that or I don't know how to use Synapse

Attachments

• Log_20210521113429911.log
    1.1 KB · Views: 63
found a solution after 3 hours of looking go to steam right click terraria or tmodloader which ever you want to launch then press on properties>local files>Browse> and then simply click on terraria and will open
you cant open it from steam you have to go to this folder to open it no idea why

Back
Top Bottom