Humorous 1000 Fun Facts

Fact 1082: The Japanese captured the Dutch East Indies and Dutch ships were trying to escape, but got shot down by Japanese destroyers. But one Dutch ship escaped by camouflauging herself in tropical trees and painted gray to reassemble rocks. The crew and their ship hop into island to island for 8 days and escaped.

1084: Some speculate that certain sections of an Interstate Highway must stay straight in case of an emergency landing for commercial airliners.

1085: Today i saw this poster in cinema near my home:
Dora_and_the_Lost_City_of_Gold_poster.jpg

This thing made me laugh for the entire film i watched in cinema.

1090: Every game style in Super Mario Maker 2 has a unique block that only appears when you place a spike at the top of the possible play area. It's possible to see it via the clatter sound effect.

1091: On August 22, 1986, the final section of I-80 was completed just off the outskirts of Salt Lake City, Utah. This was the world's first contiguous freeway to span from the Atlantic to Pacific Ocean and, at the time, the longest contiguous freeway in the world. Coincidentaly, a similar feat was accomplished 120 years prior at Promontory Sumit, just 50 miles away, where the Union Pacific and Central Pacific lines met to make the first Coast-to-coast railroad.
Source: Wikipedia.

Fun Fact 1093: Leif Eriksson and his viking crew traveled to America 500 years before Christopher Columbus ''discovered'' America.
1093.5: Yes, the vikings are thought to be the first Europeans to have ever set foot on American soil and there is proof of this on L'Anse aux Meadows in Canada.

1094: During the construction of I-40 in California, a proposal was made to use atomic bombs to clear a path for the highway. This idea was rejected for obvious reasons.

Back
Top Bottom