• For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
  • For issues you find with the Mobile 1.3 update, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to DR Studios to look at your issue. Also, some troubleshooting hints here.

Resolved 144hz Moniter Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThePunSlinger

Terrarian
Hello

I am experiencing a problem with Terraria and my 144hz moniter. If I play using it, Steam will say it's running at 60fps but it looks very laggy and has lag spikes. However, if I play it on my other 60hz moniter it is fine. I can't play on my 60hz moniter because I'll get cramps if I look at it for too long (my 144hz moniter is in front of me while playing)

Any help?

Thanks

ShadowBoo

Terrarian
I've seen a good few reports that people were having issues with the game not allowing higher FPS as it does not go above 60 FPS nor is it changeable in the game client's options.

I managed to find a way around this a while ago which involved going full screen and windowed back and forth after turning on and off Framekip. I don't know the pattern or if you can still do it, you would get unlimited FPS. Of course that would make the game not function correctly. This is basically finding a way around V-Sync. There are ways to do this via software from your GPU manufacturer if you Google it.

That aside, I've heard that people can't exactly "fix" this other than putting it on a 60 Hz monitor. I assume you've tried messing with the video options like Multicore Lighting and stuff. If you haven't, you probably should.

ThePunSlinger

Terrarian
I've seen a good few reports that people were having issues with the game not allowing higher FPS as it does not go above 60 FPS nor is it changeable in the game client's options.

I managed to find a way around this a while ago which involved going full screen and windowed back and forth after turning on and off Framekip. I don't know the pattern or if you can still do it, you would get unlimited FPS. Of course that would make the game not function correctly. This is basically finding a way around V-Sync. There are ways to do this via software from your GPU manufacturer if you Google it.

That aside, I've heard that people can't exactly "fix" this other than putting it on a 60 Hz monitor. I assume you've tried messing with the video options like Multicore Lighting and stuff. If you haven't, you probably should.
I have messed around with the settings. I guess I'll just have to deal with it. Thanks for letting me know

Arkhayla

Terrarian
There are a couple solutions to this problem:
  • Try playing the game in windowed mode
  • Turn off frame skip and force vsync in your graphics card (this will cause the game to actually run at 144fps instead of 60fps, which has some side effects like buying from shops at double speed, splitting stacks of items super fast, etc.)
  • Set your monitor to run at 60hz when playing Terraria (Some graphics cards even have per-app settings in their user interface)

ThePunSlinger

Terrarian
There are a couple solutions to this problem:
  • Try playing the game in windowed mode
  • Turn off frame skip and force vsync in your graphics card (this will cause the game to actually run at 144fps instead of 60fps, which has some side effects like buying from shops at double speed, splitting stacks of items super fast, etc.)
  • Set your monitor to run at 60hz when playing Terraria (Some graphics cards even have per-app settings in their user interface)
I couldn't be bothered doing the first 2 hehe... so I did the last one and it worked a treat! Thank you so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom