[1x1] "Ardency", Re-Make of default textures in 2x quality

So i usually do reflections ect. Im guessing you want them as close to vanilla? Or can i do fancy bits?

Generally the closer is better, or else I'd say post in crazy's thread :p But as long as it is not to big of a deviation, it shouldn't be a big deal. If you post 1 I can tell you what I think.

@TheAssKickingHusky
@knighto14

Thread Derailment on this sort of scale is entirely inappropriate, and downright disrespectful. If you two want to goof around somewhere, you can do it in a PM or on your profile pages.

Due to this behavior you have shown on this thread, you have both been temporarily thread banned and warned as a result.

v0.0.3 spoilers! :D
OHyUg7z.png

the items looks neat, but I would like to see some of the ingame blocks, keep in mind that there are a lot of different connections

v0.0.3 spoilers! :D
OHyUg7z.png
I don't like the way you just smoothened the old items' shades instead of adding more detail to them. If that's all the rework brings, it might as well bring nothing. I'll try redrawing some of these items myself and look if I can do better.

Edit:
uAwFi0i.png

I didn't change the wood sprite at all and overall just made minor edits to the right half of items.

Last edited:
This hole project is planned to be by the community, so whatever you do is great!

Don't expect it to soon, there are over 6,500 textures to do, plus we will get a hole ton more with 1.3 coming out soon. But hey, the more people that like it, the quicker we can get it done! :)

What exactly do you mean by "vanilla version"?

*Knighto, I'm looking over your texture now btw
what I mean by "vanilla version" is where it can be applied without TCCL

Thread Derailment on this sort of scale is entirely inappropriate, and downright disrespectful. If you two want to goof around somewhere, you can do it in a PM or on your profile pages.

I understand your actions entirely, but they were contributing to OP's goal after their annoying little spat. Thread banning them is hindering the progress.

I understand your actions entirely, but they were contributing to OP's goal after their annoying little spat. Thread banning them is hindering the progress.

If you want to discuss it, please PM me.

They are also not permanently banned due to that.

Can somebody give me a tip on how to improve this thing so-called by me a potion?
piney.png
(it' a lesser one)

I don't like the way you just smoothened the old items' shades instead of adding more detail to them. If that's all the rework brings, it might as well bring nothing. I'll try redrawing some of these items myself and look if I can do better.

Edit:
uAwFi0i.png

I didn't change the wood sprite at all and overall just made minor edits to the right half of items.

The Idea is to make it higher quality, not change the textures. Else this would be a different pack, and would also require a lot more time and work. Unfortunatly this is not the style we are trying to do, sorry :(

what I mean by "vanilla version" is where it can be applied without TCCL

As of now, I honestly don't know how to get it to work in vanilla as you are suggesting, but even if we do, It'll probably only be available for the big releases, IE: not as often updated as the TCCL version.

MXFTN60.png
I Decided To Resprite The Nights Edge hope you like it!

Interesting style, and I like it, but it's not quite what we are looking for. Also, if you'd look in the changelog, I've already made the Night's Edge, Sorry! But the texture does look great for what it is, I'd just suggest you try crazy's post if you'd like to continue this style :)

Can somebody give me a tip on how to improve this thing so-called by me a potion? View attachment 50635 (it' a lesser one)

For one, I would make the sides of the potion more smoothed out, and less "blocky", and the body/liquid inside is still very pixelated, so I would change that.

The Idea is to make it higher quality, not change the textures. Else this would be a different pack, and would also require a lot more time and work. Unfortunatly this is not the style we are trying to do, sorry :(
Then I got the wrong impression from the Eye of Cthulu and Demon Eye sprites, as they do provide improved textures, rather than just smoothened textures (like the rest do).

Then I got the wrong impression from the Eye of Cthulu and Demon Eye sprites, as they do provide improved textures, rather than just smoothened textures (like the rest do).

I can see how you could've gotten that impression from the eye (with the veins), but I don't see it in the demon eye myself. An example about yours is the mushroom sprite, how the bottom is very different. And how the Phasesaber has a curve(which makes no sense btw, considering they are supposed to be lightsabers, which are perfectly round and strait), and the razorpine's top pine needles, which should also be strait, as real-life pine needles are.

Creativity easily gets the upper hand of me :p

The demon eye doesn't have that "washed" look a lot of other sprites on here do.

Hey, I just want to let anyone know, that even though I started work on the eye of cthulu and skeltron prime, I will probably not make any decent progress for awhile, so let me know if you're interested in finishing it, and I'll PM you the files.

These look alright, but it mainly feels like you're just massively reducing outline textures. Personally, I like the defined outlines found in Terraria. The re-textures look great on the NPC's, but in my opinion, it makes the weapons and tools look more bland. That's just my opinion, though ^.^

I felt bad for not contributing for a while -
Here, have some tiles. :dryadsmile:
Tiles_13.gif

I bumped this thread from 16 days ago. Huh.

EDIT: Also, have a piggy bank.
Tiles_29.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom