[1x1] "Ardency", Re-Make of default textures in 2x quality

After a much un-needed absence,
v0.0.3 is Released! Check the Main post for the download!
And of course images always help, right?
n9r2n3Q.png

That my friends, is all the current texture files ;)

Reactions: Qw2
After 3 days of on/off work, probably a combined 6 hours or so.... I have done the first tile texture! Please let me know what you guys think!
YbT2HSo.png

(left; new, right; original)

After 3 days of on/off work, probably a combined 6 hours or so.... I have done the first tile texture! Please let me know what you guys think!
YbT2HSo.png

(left; new, right; original)
I feel like the last one who knows of this project
but maybe someone'll prove me wrong

Looks fine to me, I especially like how the lighting fits with the 2x2 style.

Looks fine to me, I especially like how the lighting fits with the 2x2 style.

Thanks! The tile files are so huge and complex that it felt like it wasn't even worth it, but I think the result was worth it. Some edges are a bit weird, but idk if I am going to be willing to fix them xD

I feel like the last one who knows of this project
but maybe someone'll prove me wrong

This is mostly my fault, I unfortunately went pretty inactive there for awhile. I'll try to keep it alive though!

Manually recreating images is hard. I tried it. Then I found this program to zoom images: https://code.google.com/p/2dimagefilter/
This program supports many different enlarging algorithms specifically designed to magnify cartoons and pixel arts.
If you want to manually recreate the sprites you might be able to generate an intermediate enlarged image with this program using the "XBR 2x <NoBlend>" algorithm.

I personally find original resoliution better.Tho I appreciate what you've done,great work keep on makin' those textures!! ;)
[DOUBLEPOST=1452419308,1452418967][/DOUBLEPOST]
If I was the creator of this thread I would hire you :D This looks really great 10/10!

First complex monster, The Wyvern!
fZuHHod.png

Feedback is welcome!
Also, Tinker's Workshop & Fetid Baghnakhs have been completed as well :)

I remember me posting something like this and insisting on completing it a long time ago. Not here, rather, just somewhere else. So now that somebody who handles it better and is actually good at it is doing it, I'd love to contribute! I've already made a ton of textures for this pack, and here they are.

yRx9Ypf.png
MugoY4d.png
IOLYXGc.png
0gDQf4Z.png
NwHOBt5.png
KACeTiC.png
EqGDw3X.png
1VG5BW8.png
gVJFlkb.png
B8oQRQu.png
ztDXpRE.png
jCK2H6j.png
FZghqUi.png
l7XhzGk.png
gUSMdaD.png
tXPh0vi.png
DfrXeyI.png
P9hzKX2.png
Ew1SY4i.png
dEMDFRx.png

Eeyup, that's 20 sprites right there for you to use. I'm also probably going to sprite regularly for this, so yeah! :naughty:

tbqDNbI.png

New banner, too!

Last edited:
I remember me posting something like this and insisting on completing it a long time ago. Not here, rather, just somewhere else. So now that somebody who handles it better and is actually good at it is doing it, I'd love to contribute! I've already made a ton of textures for this pack, and here they are.

yRx9Ypf.png
MugoY4d.png
IOLYXGc.png
0gDQf4Z.png
NwHOBt5.png
KACeTiC.png
EqGDw3X.png
1VG5BW8.png
gVJFlkb.png
B8oQRQu.png
ztDXpRE.png
jCK2H6j.png
FZghqUi.png
l7XhzGk.png
gUSMdaD.png
tXPh0vi.png
DfrXeyI.png
P9hzKX2.png
Ew1SY4i.png
dEMDFRx.png

Eeyup, that's 20 sprites right there for you to use. I'm also probably going to sprite regularly for this, so yeah! :naughty:

tbqDNbI.png

New banner, too!

Wow! Sweet, these are basically the exact style I'm going for! Very well made, will be added next update!

These are really beautifully made. Thank you guys!

What do you use to edit the images? Is there a special editor which makes it easier? I used GIMP but that's not very user friendly.

These are really beautifully made. Thank you guys!

What do you use to edit the images? Is there a special editor which makes it easier? I used GIMP but that's not very user friendly.

I use Paint.NET. It's really simple, because it's pretty much as userfriendly as Paint for this kind of stuff, but more advanced (transparency, effects, brush, etc). For pixel art you can also disable anti aliasing, etc. It's very useful.

Also, thanks! :D

I use Paint.NET. It's really simple, because it's pretty much as userfriendly as Paint for this kind of stuff, but more advanced (transparency, effects, brush, etc). For pixel art you can also disable anti aliasing, etc. It's very useful.

Also, thanks! :D
Paint.NET forever! :) Could you give us the filenames for your images? So I can put in the game and have a look. Thanks.

Paint.NET forever! :) Could you give us the filenames for your images? So I can put in the game and have a look. Thanks.

The filenames are just what they are originally, actually. Go to the Item IDs page on the Terraria gamepedia wiki, and look for the number of whatever item I made the sprites for, then put Item_ before it. So like, Item_3060 or something like that.

EDIT: I'll give you the file names though:

Item_905: Coin Gun
Item_964: Boomstick
Item_1291: Life Fruit
Item_946: Umbrella
Item_1314: KO Cannon
Item_3053: Shadowflame Hex Doll
Item_3336: Spore Sac
Item_3337: Shiny Stone
Item_3349: Exotic Scimitar EDIT: whoops I didn't make this one lol. nvm this
Item_3352: Shiny Scissors
Item_3377: Amber Staff

Last edited:
The filenames are just what they are originally, actually. Go to the Item IDs page on the Terraria gamepedia wiki, and look for the number of whatever item I made the sprites for, then put Item_ before it. So like, Item_3060 or something like that.

EDIT: I'll give you the file names though:

Item_905: Coin Gun
Item_964: Boomstick
Item_1291: Life Fruit
Item_946: Umbrella
Item_1314: KO Cannon
Item_3053: Shadowflame Hex Doll
Item_3336: Spore Sac
Item_3337: Shiny Stone
Item_3349: Exotic Scimitar
Item_3352: Shiny Scissors
Item_3377: Amber Staff
Thanks. I asked for the filenames because the images in your forum post have urls like this: http://i.imgur.com/LAqG9Sm.png (when right click and select "view image"). It would be nice if the forum can keep the filenames.

Back
Top Bottom