[1x1] "Ardency", Re-Make of default textures in 2x quality

Boe6Eod7Nty

Official Terrarian
This project is "community ran"! (to an extent) I will be releasing public versions as often as possible, and any users are now allowed to submit their own textures! This project is way to large for 1 person, so if you are willing to make a texture, post it to the thread! and I will add it to the pack! (and you'll get credit in the ReadMe ;) ) I am also extremely interested in other designers who have already made some decent progress with this theme. Please contact me :)
I reserve the right to not add your texture to the pack if it does not meet the quality standards for the pack.
If you are an active artist for the pack, with over 20 textures submitted, you will be mentioned on the forum page as a major artist.
If you wish to send your own textures, PM me over the forums, or reply here.

Ardency
2x Original Texture Detail

i1G0SQB.png

Basically, the goal is to re-texture all of Terraria's textures to a 2x bigger resolution!​

Progress: 1.3%, Aprox. 120 texture done.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We've gotten over 100 Downloads! Thanks for your support!

Current release does not require TCCL!

HozjFp8.png

(eye of Cthulhu not yet released)
OHyUg7z.png

IyoU3oK.png

fZuHHod.png
v0.0.4(Direct Content): http://adf.ly/1VWknp (Direct Download)​
  1. First navigate to your local Terraria folder:
    1. Visit your steam library, right click on Terraria, select properties, select Local Files, and click "browse local content".
  2. Enter the "Content" folder
  3. Copy & Paste the "Images" Folder in the same location, as a backup. This make take a few minutes, but you only have to do it once, and then whenever there's a new content update. I recommend renaming it to something like "Images-backup"
  4. Open the .zip file, go to the Ardency_Images folder, and extract all the .xnb files into your original "Images" folder within the Terraria\Content folder.
  5. Close (if you have it open) and re-open Terraria, and the textures should load!
If you want to Uninstall:
  1. Delete/rename the Images folder to something else, and rename your "Images-backup" folder to just "Images"
  2. Reload Terraria.
  1. Install TCCL Here.
  2. Visit your steam library, right click on Terraria, select properties, select Local Files, and click "browse local content".
  3. Enter the Custom Content Folder.
  4. Extract Folder from downloaded .zip, and place it in the Custom Content Folder.
  5. Launch TCCL and select Ardency from the list.
Huge Thanks to all of the Artists who have done more the 20 unique textures!
  • Qw2
  • SnakeBlock
  • Boe6Eod7Nty
  • Copper, Silver, & Golden Clock
  • Copper, Iron, Silver, & Golden Bars (items)
  • Lesser Healing Potion
  • Iron Anvil (item)
  • Lens
  • War Axe of the Night
  • book (item)
  • Empty, Water, & Lava Buckets
  • Whoopie Cushion
  • Sunfury
  • The Plan
  • Lava Charm
  • Coin Gun
  • Boomstick
  • Spore Sax
  • Shiny Stone
  • Life Fruit
  • Shadowflame Hex Doll
  • Last Prism
  • Stylish Scissors
  • KO Cannon
  • Amber Staff
  • Umbrella
  • Hermes Boots
  • Endless Water Bucket
  • Strange Brew
  • Flying Knife
  • added Piggy Bank (Item)
  • added Rain
  • added Wire (Item)
  • added Discount Card
  • added 4 new crafting table variants
  • added Dirt (tile!)
  • added Tinker's Workshop
  • added Fetid Baghnakhs
  • added Wyvern!
  • Fixed Grappling Hook
  • Fixed Sapling
  • added Chain
  • added Aqua Scepter
  • added Spikey Balls
  • added Specre Pickaxe
  • added Honey Comb
  • added Razorpine + Projectile
  • added wood (item)
  • added mushroom (item)
  • added Basic Metal Hammer
  • added Basic Metal Axe
  • added Torch (Item)
  • added Iron, Gold, Copper, and Silver Ores (Items)
  • added Dirt and Stone (Items)
  • added all Phasesabers and Phaseblades
  • added Shroomite Digging Claws
  • added Nimbus Rod
  • added Starfury
  • added Terra Blade
  • added Placed Bottles
  • added Piggy Bank (placed)
  • added Wires (placed)
  • finished Demon Alter
  • added Demon eye (default texture only)
  • added Demon eye Gore (^same)
  • added Basic Metal Pickaxes
  • added Basic Metal Longswords
  • added Basic Metal Shortswords
  • added Team Shield
  • added Forest Sapling
  • added Grappling Hook
  • added worm
  • started skeletron prime
  • added Devourer
  • added Workbench Item
  • added Night's Edge
  • added Furnace
  • added Hook
  • added Sign Item
  • added Heart Crystal Item
  • added Frost Staff
  • added Chest Item
  • started Eye of Cthulhu
  • added Devourer's Gore
  • added Beach Ball
  • started Demon Alter
  1. Firstly, I highly recommend checking out the tutorial of Terraria texturing by Astrolotl over here.
  2. Next, I would personally recommend using Paint.net, (available at http://www.getpaint.net/index.html) I find it to be a perfect tool for pixel art.
  3. Lastly, Check out my video tutorial on the texturing itself, and how to get it in the right theme with what we have going here:
  4. Once you have a texture, simply post it to the thread! Remember to be open to constructive criticism!
i1G0SQB.png

tbqDNbI.png

Last edited:
i love this... it may currently be small though people can change that

Thanks! Hopefully we can get a few good active texture artists soon though! as much as I like to work on this, I can only do so much... though I do have a big road trip coming up, so maybe I'll get a good 5-10 textures done, and maybe we'll get another release :)

Want my advice? Only stick to one thing at a time. Most likely you will never finish this. Me when i work on texture packs for a game soo huge i always focuse on one area. Im making a texture pack for terraria but i am only doing the Terrain tiles. There are too many items for you to be sane.

Want my advice? Only stick to one thing at a time. Most likely you will never finish this. Me when i work on texture packs for a game soo huge i always focuse on one area. Im making a texture pack for terraria but i am only doing the Terrain tiles. There are too many items for you to be sane.
what if he is insane

If you are going to post something, stay on topic and be relevant. This is not on topic at all.
time for MORE manacle laughter MRAGAGAAgr crhrmmm MRAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you are going to post something, stay on topic and be relevant. This is not on topic at all.
time for MORE manacle laughter MRAGAGAAgr crhrmmm MRAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WOOOOOOOOOOOF Super Husky to the RESCUE
*Drops MegaTurd 9000 From BUTTOX!!!!!* TAKE THAT VILLIAN

I'm planning on helping -
But is the resolution 2x more HD or 4x more HD?
Because it looks 4x more HD to me.

Well, each image in terraria is actually made on a plane that is to big for the texture. IE: a pickaxe that looks 8x8 px is actually in a 16x16 px image. So what I'm doing is making it fit to that 16x16 (depending on the texture, each is a different size) size. So basically a 4x4 texture is now 8x8, even though the image size doesn't change.

I'm planning on helping -
But is the resolution 2x more HD or 4x more HD?
Because it looks 4x more HD to me.

EDIT - This looks like a faithful 32X for Terraria. :dryadsmile:

It depends, terraria's texture design works in such a way that a texture that LOOKS to be 8x8 px, is actually 16x16 px. This is how they achieve the pixelated look of terraria. what I am doing is making all the textures take advantage of that extra detail. (Thus the title of 1x1) Hope this helps.

Back
Top Bottom