PS Vita 2 Pesky Bugs..

Have you experience the NPC slowdown bug while playing on the Vita?

• Total voters
First, congratulations on a rather well polished update. There's a first time for everything.. ;)
On a more serious note, I've done enough digging around on Reddit and the like to find these two bugs are quite common, and affecting a rather large amount of Vita players. As such, these two are likely to have already have been reported to you through the official submission forms. Still, below are the two big issues

First up, the NPC Slowdown Bug
Rather self-explanatory. The game slows down, often going into a sort of slowdown, generally near large groups of NPCs. Alternatively, 4 friendly NPCs are enough to cause slowdown when onscreen while on the ground.

The game slows down near NPCs, and it's not because of the hamster. Have yet to check if this is also caused by minions (mainly because it takes years to scroll through crafting grids at that speed). An important factor is how the NPCs only cause slowdown if a good portion of the ground is also rendered; so large fortresses or compact bases located directly on the ground (such as at spawn) are more like to be affected by this.

The NPC slowdown bug isn't it's official name, but rather an alias I've given it due to NPCs being the most common cause of slowdown. Other causes include entering caves during rain, or large amounts of particle effects (like the fart in a balloon + bundle of balloons combined)

Next up, that darn-dastardly D-pad dysfunctionality
Title got you intrigued? Essentially, on fresh installs of the game, the original D-pad functionality (the quick item binds) are unavailable. Old installs retain the old function. I am aware that the D-pad can toggle between using the quick item binds & an easy building mode that moves the cursor by exactly one tile from the settings on the other PlayStation versions. Unfortunately, due to a lack of options in the options, it is impossible to change the functionality of the D-pad.

Back
Top Bottom