Loki

Consigliere
Staff member
Re-Logic
Administrator
Logo_Halloween1.png

index.php

Hey there, Terrarians!

We certainly hope you enjoyed this year’s Halloween Contest as much as we did! Just like with last year’s pumpkins and costumes, the in-game builds for this year really showcase the level of creativity and dedication our community has to Terraria! With over 200 entries, this year’s contest was a smashing success! We absolutely love Halloween, and we hope to make our annual contest something everyone looks forward to each year.

If you haven't checked out all of the entries yet, you really should do so in the Entry Thread.

So, without further ado, we would like to present this year’s winners! As a reminder, we are selecting a winner and runner-up for each of our three core Terraria platforms: PC, Console, and Mobile. We will also be listing some honorable mentions as well as the winners of our contest participant random drawing. Of course, everyone that entered should have already received their “Headless Horseman” trophy/title,

Prizes for the winners – and participants – are listed in the spoiler below.
First Prize/Winner (in each Category)
  • Your name (or an alternate name) added to the list of NPC names in Terraria!
  • A copy of the Terraria: Collector's Edition, signed by Redigit himself
  • A 2015 Terraria Calendar
  • A special Halloween Contest winner trophy/title on TCF
Runner-Up/Second Place (in each Category)
  • A signed copy of the Terraria Collector's Edition
  • A 2015 Terraria Calendar
  • The Halloween Contest winner trophy/title
In addition, so that everyone that enters has a chance to win something, we will be offering a few extra goodies.
  • All entrants will receive a Trophy/Title for participating
  • A Raffle of all non-winners will be held. Winners of that raffle will receive a copy of the Terraria Collector's Edition.

If you have won a prize, please read the details for claiming that prize below:
Halloween Contest Winner trophy/titles: will be added by TCF staff ASAP

Collector’s Edition/Calendar: Please contact Cenx (and copy Loki) here on TCF via PM so that we can get the necessary information needed to ship your prizes to you.

NPC Name: Please contact Cenx (and copy Loki) with your proposed addition to the NPC name roster. You may request a specific NPC, but please note that the selection of the actual NPC for the name as well as final approval of the name to be added are subject to approval by the Re-Logic team.

On with the show…

kdcROYP.png

PC BUILDS CATEGORY

WINNER: Gotcha!’s Haunted House

terraria_halloween_contest.png

The PC Category was chock full of amazing and mind-blowing entries – from giant map-sized masterpieces to Pumpkings to movie references to some amazing haunted houses. In the end, we felt that the attention to detail and the sense of a “story” being told in Gotcha!’s entry made it stand out versus other haunted houses. It may not be the most elaborate or largest entry in this area, but there is some massive creativity going on in the details here – the textures, the creative use of blocks in ways even we hadn’t previously considered, the list goes on and on. Heck, there are even some possible mini-biome-worthy areas in here...

divider.png

RUNNER-UP: Lowkey’s Haunted House

haunted_grounds_by_l0_ke-d834nxi.png

Here in second place for PC, we have another Haunted House that puts smart/creative block placement and use on full display. The team especially appreciated the time taken to hand-craft the trees and terrain as well as the level of care and detail taken to put smart “finishing touches” on the house itself. As with the winning entry, we know there are bigger/more elaborate builds, but these kept drawing us in with their clever material use.

kdcROYP.png

CONSOLE BUILDS CATEGORY

WINNER: TheRetroDonkey’s Haunted Mansion

RetroDonkey2.jpg

Console was perhaps the most challenging of our categories, given the notable limitations in regards to taking screenshots, etc. This limited the number of entries – but TheRetroDonkey pushed past those obstacles and delivered a build – complete with stitched-together imagery – that easily put it out in front of the other console entries. Its expansive nature really spoke volumes here as an example of not letting limitations get in the way of amazing.

divider.png

RUNNER-UP: ChefFish's “Costume Party"

ChefFish2.jpg

As with our console winner, this entry was fairly expansive in scope while setting a spooky mood and telling a story. We also enjoyed the vibrant use of color throughout the build. Though done on a mobile console (Vita), this is a solid build that would fit right in with well-built PC or other console builds. Very well done!

kdcROYP.png

MOBILE BUILDS CATEGORY

WINNER: Shadow’s Halloween Town

ShadowVillage.jpg

Inspired by Tim Burton’s The Nightmare Before Christmas, we found Shadow’s creation to be one of the most composed Mobile entries – one with inspiration and a thematic feel behind it. Those familiar with the movie and the iconic locations therein will certainly notice some familiar imagery.

divider.png

RUNNER-UP: Alowex's Pumpking

Alowex Pumpking.png

We would be remiss to not have at least one winner that showcases one of our iconic Halloween creatures. Alowex's Pumpking is a rock-solid example of this - and it being done on Mobile made it even more impressive to us. We really appreciated how the sinister evil grin of the leader of the Pumpkin Moon horde is so well captured here. Even on a map view, he is peering into the depths of your soul!

kdcROYP.png

HONORABLE MENTIONS & RANDOM DRAW WINNERS

Picking the winners this year was absolutely brutal – a horrific task truly worthy of this contest’s namesake. We anguished over these for quite some time before arriving at a decision. In that process, we felt we would be remiss to not share a short list of our favorite builds that just missed the cut. All of these builds are seriously amazing and worthy of extra recognition. We plan to include these in our contest gallery on Terraria.org for sure! These members won’t necessary win a prize – outside of the admiration of the Re-Logic Team – but they are all eligible for the random draw…

Daimera.jpg

Daimera (PC)

Victoic.jpg

Victoic (PC)

Jeromy.jpg

Jeromy (PC)

Khaios.jpg

Khaios (PC)

Djj6MiO.png

Darthkitten (PC)

natyhiga.png

natyhiga (PC)

r0GeDM2.jpg

dark_ (PC)

Peter.jpg

PeterPumpkinEster (Console)

Daniel Terrarian iOS (Mobile)

Bernie.jpg

Bernie6189 (Mobile)

Splicecraft.png

SpliceCraft (Mobile)

Finally, here are our random draw winners. Everyone that entered the contest but didn’t win was placed into this random draw. If your name is listed below, you have a copy of the Terraria: Collector’s Edition heading your way!

Darthmorf
PeterPeterPumpkinEster
DarthKitten
⚡Zealous Zombie⚡
Khaios
kdcROYP.png

Well, that’s it for this year – another spooktacular Halloween (and Halloween Contest) come and gone! Please join us in congratulating all of the winners and gazing in amazement at all of the entrants. This was a fantastic reminder to the entire team of just what is possible in Terraria, and we look forward to providing you with even greater possibilities with the upcoming 1.3 update! If you have any feedback on this year’s contest, ideas for next year, or just want to leave a congratulatory message, feel free to do so in this thread.

Thanks, as always, for your passionate support of Terraria!

~The Re-Logic Team

Last edited by a moderator:
General reminder to everyone to stay classy in your commentary and feedback.

Your favorite may or may not have won - the choice was the dev team's and unapologetically reflects their preferences and perceptions. Yours may differ. That's cool, but let's focus on appreciating the fantastic entries in this contest over pulling down anyone or anything else.

As always, feedback is a gift, so we look forward to hearing your thoughts!

Congrats to all the winners!!! :D

So we're going to have an NPC called Gotcha? Excellent.

Awesome builds. There were a lot of peeps who entered that competition who really should be posting more in the Player Creations forums.

Congrats amigos.

Whoa. Makes me even sadder that we didn't actually have Halloween this year, because it snowed all day. There wasn't even a replacement day, it was just completely cancelled.

I don't know whether to be more upset at the fact I didn't win, or at the fact that they capitalized the "K" in my name. If I spell something wrong, you will respect my decision!

Disclaimer: I'm not actually upset I didn't win. Honorable mention is very good considering this is the first build I've done that wasn't just for practicality's sake. Congratz to everyone. Batteries not included.

Winner titles have been assigned. :)

(Sorry for the typo DK, will fix)

Hoping to add all of the winners and HMs to the media gallery soon

I... am absolutely shellshocked. :eek: As someone who has never won anything in his entire life and certainly wasn't expecting it now...
I have to thank the judges immensely! I'm overjoyed right now. :D I'm speechless. Except for... Thank you!

So we're going to have an NPC called Gotcha? Excellent.
Nah, not to worry about that. 'Gotcha' is no name for a character. ;)

Now excuse me while I'm going away for a bit to be completely flabbergasted.

Back
Top Bottom