Official 2014 Halloween Contest Winners Announcement

Congrats Gotcha! A worthy prizewinner, although I would have hated to be in the judges' shoes for this contest since there were so many amazing entries! I knew there were a lot of talented builders from the old forums, but I never realized just how many. I hope we continue to see many more creative builds from folks in the weeks and months to come! (and maybe they could try doing some engineering while they're at it :))

To that end, I tried to make a "short list" as a first step in my personal evaluation - that "short" list had like 50 entries on it lol....

I thought about entering, but lost all my inspiration. Anyway, great builds! The winners were not my personal favourites, but I cannot say they are bad builds (they were #2 or so). They are great!

Now, I will patiently wait for a Christmas contest.

I honestly wonder how people have the time and creativity to just come up with these creations. It's fantastic seeing these awesome creations in the community

Conga rats to all the winners! The winners all deserved it! There were some others I'd have loved to see win, but that's simply not possible since there were so many!

I would have initially thought Gotcha!'s would have skirted the rules about including non-game assets (such as the NPCs placed in post, especially the ones lying on the tables and the ones inside the subway car, since that's not physically possible in-game), but I'll trust that the judges knew what they were doing in regards to their rules!

Also real nice to see honorable mentions, since it gives a nice idea of a wider range of build possibilities that'd catch judges' eyes for future build contests (and also nice to see that I'm on it, ahahaha :dryadtongue:).

Last edited:
Ya, I should have picked something better than a giant flying pumpkin motor unicycle. Congradulations to all you winners. You put lots of effort into this and you deserve your spots.

Halloween%20Entry.png

:( so sad i didnt get to enter this....... its dangerously incomplete as i got really busy :sigh:

doesn't have a 2nd floor even lol

Sad that I didn't win- but oh my, the first prize PC winner. That's absolutely GORGEOUS.

And hey, maybe next year when I'm better at building, I'll enter again!

Dear Gotcha!, is there any way I can have a link to that world download, or is it just for you?

Back
Top Bottom