Official 2014 ReLogic Terraria Halloween Contest Entry Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Platform: PC
It's a cathedral inspired by the corruption.
hhxrp2m3.png

Platform: Console (PS Vita)

My inspiration/theme is a spooky costume party in a corrupted mansion.

I had a lot of fun making this, and I wish everyone who entered the best of luck!!

Here is the spooky mansion, complete with lava torture chamber underneath.
iYR5Q3U.jpg

And also the map view.
El9m8zk.jpg

Happy Halloween!!

My screenshots. Pumpkin Twins ! They so cool at night.
I build them without any cheats.
Platform: PC (Steam).

Attachments

• 2014-10-27_00001.jpg
    2014-10-27_00001.jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 588
  • 2014-10-27_00002.jpg
    2014-10-27_00002.jpg
    383.1 KB · Views: 872
  • 2014-10-27_00003.jpg
    2014-10-27_00003.jpg
    399.6 KB · Views: 544
  • 2014-10-27_00004.jpg
    2014-10-27_00004.jpg
    113 KB · Views: 494
Last edited:
Concept/Inspiration: The Dunwhich Horror (well except I think the monster was in the mansion instead of the well) I wanted this to have to feeling/reaction of "aw this looks so cut- WHAT IS THAT" basically something is cutesy at first but quickly degenerates into "horror".

RCFRFh4.png

Also this made on Mobile 10/28/14

Hello Everyone! This isn't an entry but if you want you could count it but otherwise do my world feeder one. Today I made a haunted basement under my house. Right when you get in you see skulls already, Then there's the haunted bedroom that for some reason lags my world when i get close to it, Too the left there's a mob slaughter place, Then go down the stairs to the right to get to the slaughter house were players are slaughtered.

=)

Guys, please make sure your image links work (see above post with broken links).

Remember you need to upload the file here or use a public image hosting service like imgur.

You cannot link from your PC/desktop (yes I've seen that in some entries).

Take some time to be sure your entry appears as desired!

image1-6.PNG
image2-1.PNG
image5-2.PNG
image4-1.PNG
Also this made on Mobile 10/28/14

Hello Everyone! This isn't an entry but if you want you could count it but otherwise do my world feeder one. Today I made a haunted basement under my house. Right when you get in you see skulls already, Then there's the haunted bedroom that for some reason lags my world when i get close to it, Too the left there's a mob slaughter place, Then go down the stairs to the right to get to the slaughter house were players are slaughtered.

Last edited:
PC Entry:

Jewsus Halloween Entry 2014.

Entry Participants:
Jewsus - Project Leader.
Terry - Co Conspirator.​
Jewsus' Notes:
Current progress on my entry. Will be editing this post for the next few days have not had much time to complete this so i am kind of rushing this :D. There are various other builds upon the map but were not used in the competition due to limitations on the amount of images allowed in the competition.

Edit of post: Greetings again fellow Terrarians Jewsus here and I am pleased to announce that my good friend Terry and I have as of now just finished our glorious Halloween themed map and i must say it was superb fun making it. I sincerely hope this project brings you all a lots of happyness and enjoyment as it surely has done so for us and will continue to be a working project after this competition has finished with map updates to be made whenever changes are made. So for now i bid you adieu my fellow Terrarians good luck to all of you and best wishes in your endeavours i will leave you with a phrase from my favourite anime Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann:
Listen Simon... Don't forget. Believe in yourself. Not in the you who believes in me. Not the me who believes in you. Believe in the you who believes in yourself.​

Terry's Notes:
Greetings Terrarians! We have now completed our entry! It was a long ride, but the roller-coaster comes to a halt. It was quite enjoyable to do this, and we plan on adding more to it after the competition! If you decide to download the map and your struggling to find some of the builds, there have been strange sightings in the underground caverns, so try looking there.
Best of luck to all the competitors, and Happy Halloween! :D

Map view:
Map Available for Download here:
https://www.hightail.com/download/UlRRek9uTmE4aU92eE1UQw
The download of this map is not intended to be a part of the competition entry it is for those that want to look at it up close and or add to it!

2014-10-29_00117.jpg

Spawn in game view: Made By Jewsus.
Image doesn't seem to want to load so here is an external link for it http://i.imgur.com/WHgbNME.jpg

Witch in game view: Made By Jewsus
http://i.imgur.com/Z3ozIPf.jpg

Spiral hill from Nightmare before Christmas: Made by Terry
1Re2u2l.png

Jack Skellington: Made by Terry.
SJAON5D.png

Last edited:
Platform: Mobile
Concept: Meant to be Frankenstein's Monster with vampire/walrus teeth
Inspiration: Watching "The Art of Gothic: Britan's Midnight Hour" and a David Attenborough documentary.
Personal touch: The glasses, the eyes and the bogey on his nose (I don't believe that if this monster existed it won't be hygienic)!
I was not in a team
image.jpg

Please look at this image from afar, the skin texture is made to blend into together so when looked at too closely it looks as if skin is some sort of planet.
Also tell me if this image is not showing up properly, my imgur account is not working properly yet!

Last edited:
I've finished my build! I hope you enjoy!

Name: The Guise of Azathoth
Concept:
On an island just south of Wales, there is a small costal town that specializes in fishing. On the edge of that town there looms an enormous, sickly green castle, eerily shining it's light over the brine-soaked rocks. Only a select few people ever enter the castle, let alone approach it, and for good reason. The castle is said to be the home of mysterious cultists, monsters and something even more sinister. If you stay around the village long enough, you may begin to hear stories. Stories of people being thrown into a pit, having their organs forcefully removed and crudely placed into tanks of bile, their bodies left to be devoured by a horrific beast.

One would have to be insane to visit this castle. Though if you're looking to go crazy, you're unlikely to find a better place...

Inspiration:
  • The Lovecraft Mythos, particularly the Elder God, Azathoth, which this build is named after.
  • In the Dark of the Night, Anastasia.
  • Mad Scientist's Castle.

Djj6MiO.png

CgQHCt9.png

Last edited:
Terraria NPC 1.png
Terraria NPC 1.png
Logo_Halloween1.png

index.php

Greetings 2014 Halloween Contest Participants! This thread will serve as the place for you to post your entries. For details and rules, please check out the main thread for the 2014 Halloween Contest.

As a reminder, all entries must be either images or a short video (embed it please) of no more than 60s.

A brief explanation of your entry would also be great, including:

What platform you used (PC/Console/Mobile)?
Your concept & Inspiration
If you are a team, team member list?

Any non-entries posted here will be removed. If you want to discuss entries or the contest itself, please use the main contest thread. Otherwise, we will send these two guys out to find you.

Good Luck!!!

The Npcs Haloween

Hello , this is Ririx and here's my entry :
Name : Halloween Nuckelavee
platform : PC.
Category : Monsters.
Time Taken : 2 days, 7-8 hours each. ( around 15-19 hours actually )
Inspiration : Mytho creatures, Orcadian mythology
Info : Nuckelavee's, the horse-demon hybrid, being the most horrible demon in all the demons of the Scottish island.
i find its design pretty creepy which suite's it best for Halloween, drawing a tile version wasn't a very good idea at first as it being flesh(y), it contain a lot of curves and such making it kinda hard to draw at a pixelated rate, but i tried my best and hope that i can make a good competition. Good Luck everyone and do your best's
Entry Photos :
142d8w9.jpg

------------------------
24qpj6h.jpg

------------------------
2n8wthc.jpg

------------------------
First one is with normal colours, second with terraria's Retro colours, and the third is the Map's, hope you liked it , GL :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom