Console 20x20 square of friend's world never loads correctly

Will this be patched soon?

Will it revert the problem with the screen tear and glitch if i remove placeables from my mountainside house? Its a pretty important point on our town since its the only way out into the open from the caverns behind it.. I really dont want to redo that specific houses buildingstyle, ill try removing some items and placing them elsewhere, cant do that with the chests themselves im afraid, they are almost all completely filled with items so it would take way too long.
Please give me answer for if this is a known thing with the coders and being fixed?

Thanks!
Repair status is unknown at this time. Remove as many placed items as possible. Though the multitude of chests chock full of stuff might be part of the issue.

@Xylia.

eh, whats the fun in that.. this should be patched.. we shouldnt look for roundabout ways to minimize the games sold features just to prevent a game ruining glitch.. Customization and terraforming are the core features of this game.. If i cant do that then theres no reason for me to play at all.. :s All i work towards in this game is to build cool towns and defend them, if i played it for the action im better off with the pc version since that has more content.

@Nike Leon.

I removed alot of torches so that every room only has one, also removed the paintings and two chests that i could re-orden into other places, the rooms look alot more empty now wich i dont like but i hope that ..for now atleast.. fixes it somewhat. But this better be patched, i payed for this game and expect it to run as it should, this way content is locked out from play, its not right that you cant use decoration or this glitch occurs ..could you please tip some devs/coders to come into this thread?

@Xylia.

eh, whats the fun in that.. this should be patched.. we shouldnt look for roundabout ways to minimize the games sold features just to prevent a game ruining glitch.. Customization and terraforming are the core features of this game.. If i cant do that then theres no reason for me to play at all.. :s All i work towards in this game is to build cool towns and defend them, if i played it for the action im better off with the pc version since that has more content.

@Nike Leon.

I removed alot of torches so that every room only has one, also removed the paintings and two chests that i could re-orden into other places, the rooms look alot more empty now wich i dont like but i hope that ..for now atleast.. fixes it somewhat. But this better be patched, i payed for this game and expect it to run as it should, this way content is locked out from play, its not right that you cant use decoration or this glitch occurs ..could you please tip some devs/coders to come into this thread?

Since @Nike Leon knew what the issue was so quickly, it is surely a known issue (or it will become one shortly) to the devs and they are working on it, and from the sounds of it, there is quite a bug list that they have thusfar.

I understand your frustration, but making demands on the devs is not going to help matters any. They want to see this stuff fixed just as much as you do, but they need to find the cause of the problem and then see if it is possible to fix it.

The problem with Consoles and Mobile Platforms, is that for the most part, these are static in their hardware -- you can't put more RAM in a console or a phone. Some things might not be able to be fixed. If it can be fixed, they will try to fix it, and if not... well, every game has its limits and quirks.

That's the problem with Console gaming and why modular PCs will outdo consoles in that regard every single time. You can always upgrade a PC, but you can't upgrade a console.

I wish the devs (and you) luck in fixing this issue, but for the meantime we've given you suggestions on how to mitigate the issue. It works fine in singleplayer, but multiplayer it doesn't.

As far as multiplayer, I myself have trouble in multiplayer as 750k/sec is not good enough to properly host a game of Terraria (there's playable but noticeable lag). Teleporters don't work properly with pressure plate switches so I use wall levers instead. I'd love the teleporters to work but I'm not going to shake my fist at Re-Logic demanding they fix pressure plate teleporters in Multiplayer, I'll just work around the issue instead.

As far as multiplayer, I myself have trouble in multiplayer as 750k/sec is not good enough to properly host a game of Terraria (there's playable but noticeable lag). Teleporters don't work properly with pressure plate switches so I use wall levers instead. I'd love the teleporters to work but I'm not going to shake my fist at Re-Logic demanding they fix pressure plate teleporters in Multiplayer, I'll just work around the issue instead.

I use to host a game off of my mobile phone. Same as a friend of mine. And our connections were fine. And we both live in Australia. So the connections here are really slow with upload.

And we both played on 360 and Xbox One.

@Xylia im not making demands, im making requests as this severely affects me and obviously others. Though i do find it necessary to remind everyone that i dont take 'just dealing with it' for an answer. Thanks for the luckwish, im personally also active in the videogame industry (im a vg music composer with titles to my name) so i know very well that bugs can take time to fix as ive dealt with coders alot, i just wanted to know if it was being fixed thats all. I also noticed my younger brother complained about lag alot while i had none, and for the record btw, he lives only about 50 meters from my house so i dont know what kind of detour our connection takes, its clearly not p2p. :p

But ok thats a bit offtopic.

edit: Ive just sent in a ticket about this matter to 505, i noticed there were similar threads of the exact same glitch from januari this year, so i suppose it would be a reminder that this still affects people.

Last edited:
@Xylia please dont conveniently remove context, i said it better be patched as its a core feature of the game to landscape and decorate, without it what did i pay for exactly? Its a matter of logic. I pay for a product, that product is limited by a glitch, i name the glitch and concern. That is feedback. Call it what you want but let me be clear.

@Xylia please dont conveniently remove context, i said it better be patched as its a core feature of the game to landscape and decorate, without it what did i pay for exactly? Its a matter of logic. I pay for a product, that product is limited by a glitch, i name the glitch and concern. That is feedback. Call it what you want but let me be clear.
I've done what I can to bring as many bugs as possible to the attention of the Devs. That's why I have a link in my signature to report bugs directly to them. :) I don't know for certain what their progress is on fixing this particular bug, it could very well be a RAM issue and thus not fixable. They're releasing an update later this month, we'll have to wait and see if it does anything for this issue.

Back
Top Bottom