Console 20x20 square of friend's world never loads correctly

PugLover87

Terrarian
My friend and I had constructed a house on one of his worlds, containing a room full of chests at the spawn point. Recently his game froze mid-jump while on this world. Nothing happened on my screen but I saved and exited (my game also autosaves). The next time we got on my screen showed about a 20x20 square around the spawn point generally messed up. Nothing was wrong on his screen. Anything I tried to pickaxe simply ceased to exist. If pickaxed from his screen either of us could pick it up. I left the session several times and each time he re-invited me it displayed the same (regardless of anything he changed). We tried other worlds and everything displayed correctly. Eventually upon returning to the initial world the game told me my character data was corrupted and asked me to overwrite. Reluctantly I agreed. I got on with a new character and to my surprise it displayed the same. Still thinking it was on my end I uninstalled the game, erased all relevant data from the PS4, and restarted the console. After the re-install, I returned to the initial world with a new character, and the 20x20 square now instead of just tiling stuff wrong, now displayed NOTHING. Anything my friend placed in this region would show up on my screen and I could interact with it, but would be gone the next time I logged back in to the world. Now I've come to grips with the fact that I've lost all my character data, but if the data for his world is corrupted, we've basically lost everything we've ever done. It will take us a long time (if ever) to feel like playing this game again if we have to completely start over with nothing (especially since this could just happen again). So I guess my question is, how can his world display everything correctly but when he invites me it's like it sends me completely different tile data (or none) for this region?
20141202_045400 - Copy (1024x576).jpg
HisViewOriginal.jpg
ViewWithNothing.jpg

That's really glitchy. Try contacting 505 directly to report it. I've got links in my sig for that.

When I visit my friends world there's a big part of his house missing that his NPCs keep falling from but he says he doesn't see what I see. So when he visited my world the same thing happened to him.
It seems to happen mainly to world's created before the last big update but I've seen it on new world's too.
Why does this happen? I've built so much in this world, transferring all my collections will be monotonous.
Please Help!

When I visit my friends world there's a big part of his house missing that his NPCs keep falling from but he says he doesn't see what I see. So when he visited my world the same thing happened to him.
It seems to happen mainly to world's created before the last big update but I've seen it on new world's too.
Why does this happen? I've built so much in this world, transferring all my collections will be monotonous.

We have not heard of this problem before so it might be a recent "development". The fact that you are not seeing what he is seeing means there is technically nothing wrong with your world, so transferring everything will most likely not be necessary. Basically you are not receiving the right information from his world when he hosts, and your friend is not receiving the right data from you when you host. Which sometimes happens, but consistently and a pretty big area from what it sounds like is strange...and new. We will have to look into this.

I'm not sure it's a brand new development because this has been happening to my friends and I since the first PS4 version.
It's actually a huge surprise to me that I'm the first to bring this to light. Would screenshots or actually visiting our worlds help?

I'm not sure it's a brand new development because this has been happening to my friends and I since the first PS4 version.
It's actually a huge surprise to me that I'm the first to bring this to light. Would screenshots or actually visiting our worlds help?
This is actually happening to myself and my friend too. I host our PS4 world and he joins. At first everything was fine. Then he left the world and I built a really intricate part of a house with trophies and treasures. The next time we played (and every time since), he goes to that room and sees a massive wall of blocks that I had already cleared out. He says he sees me walking through the wall and it is solid to him. After I "fake cleared out the blocks" with my mining pick, he said he was able to see the area. I rebuilt the house with him there.

Next time we played, he said the area is still all bugged. Now, all the chests and crafting stations in that same area are always broken to him and unusable. But they work perfectly fine for me. I have to empty everything, pick it up, and place it down so he can see it.

We are both using the PS4 version.

Wow. Weird. Ok, feel free to post some screenshots we'd love to look at it and see if we can figure out why this happens.

Here are some screenshots:
They're all from the same world, just different areas.
Just like the pictures say, the left is a screenshot from my PS4 and the right my friends. The NPS's just fall through the floor on my friends screen then reappear and fall continuously.
Terraria Problem_HOUSE.jpg Terraria Problem_CHESTS.jpg Terraria Problem_ARMOR.jpg
This happens every time to every person who joins my world.
Thanks for the help!
~Evan

That's a weird glitch. I hope it gets resolved, but not sure on how PS4 updates terraria. I'd take a guess it was corrupted as that is an issue on PC (?)

but srsly...
The Ten-Thousandth thread! Woop! Well done! Now to wait another 10 years for the 100,000,000th thread.

Please Help!
This is happening to me. Even if i turn my PS3 off for several hours that part of the world will NEVER load.

IMG_21564.jpg
IMG_2157.JPG
I have also seen this. Not only in my world, but also in my friends world. To hopefully fix this problem I went to rebuild the portion of my house that was missing for my friend while he was exploring. When he returned it was there for him, but only for him. All of my other friends still cannot view this portion of my house.

I have a world with the same problem and i did the "rebuild fix" but the problem remains to other players that were not in the world when i rebuild the buggy part.
tried to send the world from one system to another ( PS4 <> VITA ) to see if it would fix, no luck.... same problem in both systems
I created a new character and with this new character this area is still invisible or glitched

this is so frustrating to "lose" a developed world :(

Back
Top Bottom