tModLoader 24/7 Server hosting with AWS?

HasteReapr

Terrarian
Hey all! I'm trying to figure out how to host a modded Terraria server using Amazon Web Service. I know I have to use the tmodloader server.bat/exe on the server, but don't know where to get started with it. I'm trying to do this so I can have a world open 24/7 for my friends and I to join whenever.

What are you having issues with? Here are a couple of useful guides courtesy of google;

Nodecraft network tModloader setup

modded server guide on Github

Ignore the port forwarding/local jargon as its obvious you are on VDS, hope this helps you get in the right direction.
Best of luck!

I saw the Nodecraft thing when trying to figure out how to host, however it's a paid subscription, and following the modded server guide on github requires me to enabled portforwarding for my network which I'm trying to avoid.

I saw the Nodecraft thing when trying to figure out how to host, however it's a paid subscription, and following the modded server guide on github requires me to enabled portforwarding for my network which I'm trying to avoid.
Does your server not already have a port open? For dedicated servers, having a port open is a must to receive connections. A cloud service like amazon probably has stellar security compared to leaving a port open on your local PC and running it 24/7, if risk is a concern.

Does your server not already have a port open? For dedicated servers, having a port open is a must to receive connections. A cloud service like amazon probably has stellar security compared to leaving a port open on your local PC and running it 24/7.
It does have a port open I believe. I just now figured out how to get AWS set up, though don't know how to upload the files (I'll look it up here in a minute).

It does have a port open I believe. I just now figured out how to get AWS set up, though don't know how to upload the files (I'll look it up here in a minute).
You are going to need RDP or an sftp client. Be sure that those two connections are limited to your IP only. I recommend filezilla for file uploads, cheers!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom