Blocks & Decoration 3-D Printer

How should it handle trading for stuff?

• Buy things like Sunplate/Coral/Dynasty/etc. other things people are complaining about using COINS.

Votes: 12 54.5%
  • Buy things like Sunplate/Coral/Dynasty/etc. other things people are complaining about using STONE.

Votes: 9 40.9%
  • Buy things like Sunplate/Coral/Dynasty/etc. other things people are complaining about using SILT.

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Buy things like Sunplate/Coral/Dynasty/etc. other things people are complaining about using MANA..

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Buy things some other method (COMMENT BELOW).

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters

Flor3nce2456

Queen Bee
So, after reading a thread about people complaining about skyware and another one about people complaining abut how many crafting stations there are, I decided to take matters into my own hands. After all, there's plenty of yapping-about-the-issue but not a whole lot of fixing-about-the-issue going on.

I present a simple suggestion, based on the simple pretense that having tons of furniture and decorations does not negatively affect game balance especially after one has gotten through the hard-mode dungeon.
On with the title of the suggestion. Sorry for the 80's modem look, if someone has something better looking, make one and post it. ALT Sprite by @It's a me!

Print2.2.png
OR
3d_printer_by_its_a_me_m4rc05-d8ai1g7.gif

3-D Printer
Crafting Station
Consumes Stone, Dirt, Mana, and Silt to make Many Things.​
Placeable
4x4 Blocks Large.​
Tooltip: "Full of Miracles!"

Crafting:
Adamantite_Forge.png /
Titanium_Forge.png
1 Adamantite or Titanium Forge
Mythril_Anvil.png
/
Orichalcum_Anvil.png
1 Mythril or Orichalcum Anvil
Work_Bench.png
1 of ANY Workbench
Tinkerer's_Workshop.png
1 Tinkerer's Workbench
Crystal_Ball.png
1 Crystal Ball
Keg.png
1 Keg
Water_Bucket.png
7 Buckets of Water
Honey_Bucket.png
3 Buckets of Honey
Solidifier.png
Blend-O-Matic.png
1 Solidifier and Blend-O-Matic
Autohammer.png
1 Autohammer
Bookcase.png
1 of ANY Bookcase
Dye_Vat.png
1 Dye Vat
Campfire.png
1 Campfire
Imbuing_Station.png
1 Imbuing Station
Cooking_Pot.png
1 Cooking Pot
NOT A CAULDRON!!!!​
Heavy_Work_Bench.png
1 Heavy Workbench
Loom.png
Sawmill.png
1 Loom and 1 Sawmill
Bone_Welder.png
Flesh_Cloning_Vat.png
Glass_Kiln.png
Honey_Dispenser.png
Ice_Machine.png

Lihzahrd_Furnace.png
Living_Loom.png
Meat_Grinder.png
Sky_Mill.png
Steampunk_Boiler.png

1 Each of ALL these Crafting Stations EVERYONE AND THEIR PUPPY is COMPLAINING about!!!
Hallowed_Bar.png
12 Hallowed Bars
Ectoplasm.png
10 Ectoplasm

Chair.png
1 Wooden Chair
Crafted @ a Demon/Crimson altar and any chair. Or by Hand. I dunno.

Okay then! Yep! There you Have it!
The 3-D Printer acts like ALL of those crafting stations all put into one thing. The exception is crafting furniture or other non-balance affecting decor, in which one can use Stone, Dirt, Silt, or Mana in some way instead. Alternatively, it acts like an NPC and it sells all the furniture, banners, and decorative items in the game, and you spend abhorrent quantities of money instead. I imagine you can buy Dynasty Wood and Shingles from it, too.

You can NOT use Stone, Dirt, Silt, or Mana to buy Weapons, Tools, Potions, or anything else that affects balance too negatively!
This station simply allows you to craft all of them without having to build several more rooms into your house.

You can also instantly craft Uncooked Marshmallows into Cooked ones.
You can Craft infinite Bottles of Water and Bottles of Honey from here like you can with the source blocks. By some magic, you can also craft Lavafall Blocks and Walls here. Don't ask me how. You spend Mana for that, use your imagination.
You can Craft infinite ale, no Mug required*! Nobody uses ale anyways!

It sells sunplate blocks for cheap.
It sells the other decorative blocks NOT made from Ores! I have plans for those!

And any other number of things.

*Dirt sold separately.

So What do you think???

Attachments

• Printer.png
    Printer.png
    9.3 KB · Views: 515
  • Print2.png
    Print2.png
    9.2 KB · Views: 452
  • Print2.1.png
    Print2.1.png
    12.3 KB · Views: 416
Last edited:
I hate having all those goddam :red:ing crafting stations in my lovely parthenon base, so I stick em all in my chests. This would look swanky and not ruin my lovely white parthenon. Result!

The wonders of the modern world... and this time I'm not being sarcastic. Lovely idea actually, as I always lumped my crafting stations together.

This looks like it will be of great use! I often get agitated by having to locate my own crafting stations for certain things, and having this lying around in my house will definitely help!
Full Support.
- Spectre

I tried something:

It's a bit different from yours though (I'm sorry to say, but yours reminds me of a robotic cow looking back. It just needs a tail).

As for feedback: I like the idea, but I would probably have all the crafting stations still placed along with this.
Also, you should only need 1 bucket of each liquid. More seems excessive.
And I'm not sure about using it to cook stuff.

Hmm... I'm going to be neutral on this one.
There's nothing that could make this overpowered or anything, so that's good. I'd probably never use it myself though. I like having those workbenches and stuff all over the place. :p

I am against the thing selling stuff though. I'm sure there are better ways to get coral blocks (by mixing coral with stone for example) or sunplate blocks (stone/metal mixed with sunflowers at a Skymill or a blend-o-matic or something) than just trade them for money. Even though the blocks are as useless as other blocks, I can't shake the idea that it's somehow cheating or at the very least a very cheap solution.

I tried something:

It's a bit different from yours though (I'm sorry to say, but yours reminds me of a robotic cow looking back. It just needs a tail).

As for feedback: I like the idea, but I would probably have all the crafting stations still placed along with this.
Also, you should only need 1 bucket of each liquid. More seems excessive.
And I'm not sure about using it to cook stuff.

Dammit, can't unsee. Now I need to make a new sprite, your's will be the temporary stand-in. :dryadtongue:

Hmm... I'm going to be neutral on this one.
There's nothing that could make this overpowered or anything, so that's good. I'd probably never use it myself though. I like having those workbenches and stuff all over the place. :p

I am against the thing selling stuff though. I'm sure there are better ways to get coral blocks (by mixing coral with stone for example) or sunplate blocks (stone/metal mixed with sunflowers at a Skymill or a blend-o-matic or something) than just trade them for money. Even though the blocks are as useless as other blocks, I can't shake the idea that it's somehow cheating or at the very least a very cheap solution.

I suppose I will consider this as well.

I think that the crafting menu should also be a bit improved if we have this. Yes, we do have the grid view, but a search function would be nice as everything you can craft can be crafted at one station which could be messy.

Seems a bit out of preportion, but I can see where your coming from. I really hate having to build a huge house for all my crafting stations.

I think that the crafting menu should also be a bit improved if we have this. Yes, we do have the grid view, but a search function would be nice as everything you can craft can be crafted at one station which could be messy.
Oh yes, of course. I was thinking something like what Gameiki has.

Another Update!

Changes:
Made the sprite Bigger
Added more detail
It is now big enough, it requires an inventory icon:
Print2 mini.png

And of course, a Support Lozenge!

Print Lozenge.png

EDITED

Last edited:
How can you make lava stuff if no buckets of lava are required? And can you right-click it for the effects of a crystal ball since one is required? Other than that, it's a great idea that makes it so you actually have room in your house for furniture, not just crafting stations. :p

you forgot lava in the crafting but other wise i like it

also insted of useing dirt/stone/mana/silt you should just use the normal crafting things like wood and gell to make a torch

Back
Top Bottom