3DS 3DS KNOWN ISSUES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Usually, a player starting on a new world/character will want to set up home base close to where they start off at. That would make it easier on the player beginning with very limited resources.

Thanks for the fast reply! ^.^
I can understand that that can be more convenient when you start with a new world that way, but I just booted up a new world on pc version as a reference point and noticed that it doesn't have a flat terrain on the spawn either. Why bother "fixing" this, if it never was a problem on other Terraria versions?
Starting a new world always had it's challenges, it's part of the charm I think, including the randomly generated terrain.
I mean... I'm not criticising it... or maybe a little, it's just that I find it a bit of a weird fix.

I can understand that that can be more convenient when you start with a new world that way, but I just booted up a new world on pc version as a reference point and noticed that it doesn't have a flat terrain on the spawn either. Why bother "fixing" this, if it never was a problem on other Terraria versions?
Starting a new world always had it's challenges, it's part of the charm I think, including the randomly generated terrain.
I mean... I'm not criticising it... or maybe a little, it's just that I find it a bit of a weird fix.
The problem with the 3DS version is that worlds are extremely small compared to PC or Console, so worldgen is kind of messed up. Placing a character on land that is not generally flat is a result of that. Besides, PC can easily get hotfixes for various things like that, while Console/Mobile has to wait for a period of time to get large content updates.

Larger worlds is being "ignored"? Last I saw, everyone - including Deanzor - acknowledged the desire and said it would be considered for N3DS in the future. Impossible on old 3DS. They aren't ready to "split" things yet it seems, and are focusing on getting across-the-board fixes and such in place first. I think that is the smartest way to go. How is any of that "ignoring" it?

I was either ignored or went unnoticed in this thread, about 6 or 7 pages back. It was at a point where Deanzor was asking if anybody had any questions for him and to tag him with @Deanzor for a reply. I did, twice, and got no response.

I simply asked if larger worlds and online were still being considered. I was unsure if he saw the original comment, so I posted it again which was also not responded to. There was also a similar question from another user, PlanteraBlade, and I'm sure his/her comment also went unanswered. The fact that these questions were avoided left me thinking I might've been being ignored. He was responding to other people who asked questions before and after my posts, but not mine.

I get that he's very busy though, so answering my questions probably isn't his priority.

I was either ignored or went unnoticed in this thread, about 6 or 7 pages back. It was at a point where Deanzor was asking if anybody had any questions for him and to tag him with @Deanzor for a reply. I did, twice, and got no response.

I simply asked if larger worlds and online were still being considered. I was unsure if he saw the original comment, so I posted it again which was also not responded to. There was also a similar question from another user, PlanteraBlade, and I'm sure his/her comment also went unanswered. The fact that these questions were avoided left me thinking I might've been being ignored. He was responding to other people who asked questions before and after my posts, but not mine.

I get that he's very busy though, so answering my questions probably isn't his priority.
Or you probably just didn't offer up the proper sacrifice of 3 different colored chickens and a Deskjet printer. That's usually the setback to getting @Deanzor to reply.

Or you probably just didn't offer up the proper sacrifice of 3 different colored chickens and a Deskjet printer. That's usually the setback to getting @Deanzor to reply.

Actually, his summoning item is crafted by combining 7 Angel Statues with 1 Zapinator at the Flesh Cloning Vat and then smashing it with a Copper Hammer. :p

Its all "relatively" flat and only at spawn. Before/absent that code, you could spawn on the peak of a giant hill, for one example, which is fine...but a lot of work to clear out if you just want to get started on a simple above ground base. "Perfectly" flat isn't what is intended. :)

A few people have mentioned wanting to zoom the view out, and while I agree it would be great it's just not achievable for technical reasons. Not only would zooming out tank the framerate on original 3DS, you'd get scaling issues. We've tried to rebalance gameplay where that puts you at a huge disadvantage to how the game originally works on PC. That's why some of the PC veterans find certain boss characters easier.

I made an overworked mushroom biome and a house in it but the truffle npc won't spawn anyone know why?
Is it above ground? Have you made sure an npc can leave in the house by putting one there? Do you hear mushroom biome's signature music?

You know, I've been wondering this for a while. Dunno if anyone's asked about it yet either.. but listening to the soundtrack and looking at the track release list, when the newer songs were added, such as the Dungeon, Desert, and Ice biome themes, the Mushroom biome theme was added too. So why is it not present in this version while the others are?
dGBqhOr.png

This puzzles even the Truffle.

I have been reading this thread for a while, and have seen this mentioned, but no reply. Is the trash button going to be moved from x? I have gotten used to it but multiple times I have deleted important items I am trying to take from a chest.

A few people have mentioned wanting to zoom the view out, and while I agree it would be great it's just not achievable for technical reasons. Not only would zooming out tank the framerate on original 3DS, you'd get scaling issues. We've tried to rebalance gameplay where that puts you at a huge disadvantage to how the game originally works on PC. That's why some of the PC veterans find certain boss characters easier.
So adding the zoom out option will make the game lag alot but what about zooming in. It can be done becuse the building mode is zoomed in. And maybe diferent scales of magnification.

I made an overworked mushroom biome and a house in it but the truffle npc won't spawn anyone know why?
I made a mushroom biome in mid air and at least 40 blocks wide and 10 Block s tall all mud blocks and has mushroom seeds. I made a mud house and he moved in but it took him a while to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom