3DS 3DS KNOWN ISSUES

Status
Not open for further replies.
It does affect the EU version, but he says there should never be the need to roll back. The fatal error is present but I think it means NOE have been more lenient, or less thorough, in their certification process than NOA.

More lenient is the way to look at it.

This is what we would call an 'edge case', and whereas NOE were perhaps satisfied that gamers would be unlikely to break this for themselves, NOA wanted to be DOUBLY sure they couldn't.

@Master Yuso Thanks for clarifying for me! The problem is solved incidentally, we are back in test with Nintendo of America. Also, in the event of you uninstalling the game the save files will remain on your SD card unless you delete those. So you can re-download, patch to latest, and the game will pick up the save files again.

So I don't know if this is a bug or intentional but, the multiplayer options are blurred out on the options screen for some reason. Why so?

Have you got your wireless switched off?

The NA and EU versions are different games. Only very slightly (languages are the only differences) but each has to pass a different submission at Nintendo.
Ok, I never actually thought about the fact that the NA and EU versions were "different" games altogether. I just thought it was the way Nintendo handled the games that was different.

@Deanzor The saves would remain after the game is uninstalled? When I look at the option of uninstalling the game it said something along the lines of deleting the save data as well.

We continue to work to improve the Terraria 3DS experience, and your feedback is invaluable to us.

To submit bug reports, please use this form. Filling out the form in its entirety is the most effective way to report bugs to the dev team. For other issues, please consult the 505 Support Portal: http://support.505games.com/support/home

Patch history:
1.01 - Released February 2016, fixing high priority issues with the launch version
1.02 - Will be released May 2016. Adds content and bug fixes, full list below

HIGHLIGHTS:
  • Frost Moon content added.
  • Save slots expanded from three to six.
  • 10 more inventory slots.
  • Auto equip removed.
  • "A" to interact now works relative to cursor position in Manual Aim.
  • Stack speed improved.
  • Quick stack ignores all hotbar items.
  • Buffs can now be cancelled on the Equip screen.
  • Save games refactored so the issue of long save times no longer occurs
  • Addressed a number of crashing-related issues
  • Items in the Trash stay there when you leave the UI screen, making it harder to accidentally trash a wanted item.
  • Players can sell items with no value to shops so you clean inventory quickly.
  • Dungeon Worldgen re-worked to provide properly expansive Dungeons
  • Spawn rates in dungeons rebalanced to fit a more authenitic threatening experience
  • Rules for surface fishing reworked, so you can fish much smaller ponds
  • Bosses now de-spawn 100% if you die – mirroring the PC version and adding challenge
  • Precision screen UI tweaked to add fishing items to left hand pane – tap to toggle
  • Player no longer glows like it’s wearing the Miner’s Helmet by default. Ore glow also toned down. It’s going to get dark out there guys...

Other Bugs Fixed with this Update:
  • Items becoming invisible when hung on wall
  • Can’t use any item for 10 seconds after using Godly Tempest Staff
  • Bug Catching Net accuracy (can only catch at feet)
  • Lihzahrd temple has no traps
  • Biome Spread too slow
  • Skeletron Prime’s arms each drop potions/hearts
  • Ice Golems not appearing
  • Crystal Shards are very rare
  • Crafting Adamantite/Titanium/Chloro Bars causes unusual slowdown
  • Imp fireballs explode into Goblin gore on destruction
  • Grasshoppers can't be killed
  • Dungeon biome constantly changing to Underground; ruins spawns
  • Flesh Grinder/Meat Grinder naming issues, sprite issue
  • Living Wood/Leaf Wand have some oddities in calculating wood total
  • Holding in Smart Cursor Hammer for backwalls always hammers the first block
  • Building near NPCs frustrating due to interaction conflicts
  • Unusual Recipes Unlocked at worldgen
  • Underworld Biome has way too many Imps spawning. UW spawns overall should be toned down.
  • When going down on a slope in a minecart and using items, the item is pointed the wrong direction.
  • There is "player disabled pvp" spam anytime someone leaves or joins a game.
  • Lots of problems with music and crossfade.
  • Game thinks the player is in a cave when they are in the dungeon.
  • The dungeon being shrunk is causing balance issues.
  • The center of the world needs to be completely flat, so that the player can build there.
  • Some items can only be made from Iron when they should also be made from Lead.
  • Items the player throws go up and slightly to the right, no matter which way they face.
  • Keep finding Magic Mirrors and Bug Nets in chests where they shouldn't be.
  • Reduced corruption sizes are causing problems getting items.
  • Floating Islands treasure chest loot is not distributed correctly.
  • Meteor Hamaxe is 35 bars. Should be 20.
  • Game was not switching into Meteor Zones when near a meteor.
  • Meteorite spawns do not give enough materials.
  • Enemy caster AI is broken.
  • Mana crystals need to be 3 fallen stars, not 5.
  • A large majority of the time when you are fishing, the bobber is shaking and you click but nothing will be caught.
  • You cannot see the fish you have caught on the line when you reel it in.
  • Fishing zones are being picked up incorrectly (i.e. Underground Fish everywhere bug)
  • Bug Nets don't catch critters most of the time.
  • Remove damage from all vanity pets.
  • Autodig should not target a block you are grappled to.
  • Using a grappling hook does not reset jump accessories.
  • Monsters continue to spawn in player towns.
  • Zombies repeatedly jump facing backwards at doors instead of banging on them.
  • Duke Fishron trophy does not spawn
  • Text error for the Valentine Ring tooltip
  • Can't catch surface fish. Game seems to not classify 'surface' areas correctly for fishing
  • Tempest Staff, multiple issues
  • Discount card not working as intended
  • The use time for the bucket is WAY too short.
  • 'Take all' from chests misbehaving
  • Eye of Cthulhu has the wrong boss music.
  • Dryad isn't reporting the rate of Crimson spread
  • Zombies should be able to open doors during a blood moon
  • Unable to create biomes.
  • Sometimes buckets won't collect or dispense water
  • Player stuck in "jump/fall" animation when standing on a sloped tile.
  • Flippers spawn rate is far too low
What is it the frost moon update?

I hope they implement different types of minecarts. like a Crimson minecart called the flesh bucket or a Jungle temple themed minecart based on the golem

Have you got your wireless switched off?
No, that happens to me too. The name just displays as "...". You can still join the server though.
[doublepost=1463055468,1463055336][/doublepost]I submitted a formal bug report about these bugs, but I want to see if the community knows anything about them.

1. On a few worlds, I summoned the Wall of Flesh and I lost. I kept waiting for my guide to respawn so that I could fight the WoF again, but he never did. I made sure to have multiple available NPC houses in case that would help, but it didn't. This didn't happen on every world, just on the worlds where I lost the first battle to the WoF. If I won the first battle and lost the second battle the guide respawned.
  2. Acorns can't be placed on ground other than grass. This means that only Oak trees can be re-grown. My jungle is now treeless. Trees are kind of a necessity in a jungle.
[doublepost=1463055670][/doublepost]
That is very true. Biome detection is not just problematic with the Mushroom Biome, though.
According to this image, I am in a Jungle, because of the background and the music. But there are Hallowed grass blocks all around me, and as you can see there are Hallowed enemies spawning. I did, at one point, find an Arapaima in the lake just to my left, which also has Jungle-colored water, might I add.

The new update fixes a lot of biome detection issues.

So the update seems pretty good so far. Biomes are definitely recognized a lot better now. One new glitch though regarding the vampire knifes healing effect. Sometimes some healing shots will a fly in from the left hand side of the screen, even if it is was a while ago that I had killed an enemy. At first I thought I was just moving too fast for the health to catch up to me. But when I stood still and killed a bunch of enemies coming in from the right of the screen (so no one was killed on my left), some random health does still fly in from the left of the screen.

Also, a note for those who are about to download the update, when you start the game again, you might find that your coins and ammo might not be in the coins and ammo slots anymore and have accidentally been placed in the 10 new inventory slots instead. So you will have to move them back.

And why is the naughty present not in the same crafting section as to where the rest of the boss/event summoning items are?

Auto dig still destroys the block that I am grappled to (apparently this was supposed to be fixed? Although I don't find it to be a too big of an issue anyway).

""A" to interact now works relative to cursor position in Manual Aim." Doesn't seem to work for me...

FLIPPERS!!!

Save times seem fine for me for now, haven't encountered any slow saves yet.

Last edited:
Frost moon doesn't work well either...no music for me at all! Everything was rather silent apart from the generic zombie dying sound and my weapons swinging... I haven't had any items drop apart from money, but I was only able to play for a short while, so maybe I was unlucky? (Edit: Just very low drop rates). The lack of sound is bothersome...

And I hate how the Ice queen spends most of her time off screen...

Last edited:
Just updated and found that to save and continue after playing 10 secs, still took a good 45 secs. Hopefully this will even out as that is one of the worst things about this otherwise great game.

might have to NOT have music as I imagine the whole of the Frost Moon causes severe slowdown even on the Vita version. Frost Moon itself is quite a feat to pull off on the Vita version so I think the 3DS version can't possibly handle it better than the Vita does.

might have to NOT have music as I imagine the whole of the Frost Moon causes severe slowdown even on the Vita version. Frost Moon itself is quite a feat to pull off on the Vita version so I think the 3DS version can't possibly handle it better than the Vita does.
If the 3DS can handle me being raped by two Pumpkings and a Mourning Wood, along with Scarecrows and Headless Horsemen running around all while playing a haunting tune to further emphasize my twisted idea of circus rape, I think it can handle the Frost Moon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom