1. For issues you find with the Switch and Console releases, please follow this link and give as much detail as possible. This is the speediest way to get info to Pipeworks and get a hotfix in the works.
    Dismiss Notice
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Thread was lock by: Tunnel King
Reason: new thread created: http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/terraria-3ds-1-04-issues-thread.51747/
Lock date: 14:51 23-11-2016
  1. Halex222

Halex222 Terrarian

You do have a point, since PC was the starting platform for the game, it will undoubtedly get all the major, game-changing updates first.

2. Loki

Loki Consigliere Staff Member Re-Logic Administrator

To be clear, that isn't what Deanzor was saying is the issue.

The issue is:
    • You download 1.02.
    • You play it, let's say you do the Frost Moon event and get a North Pole weapon.
    • For whatever reason, you delete the 1.02 update to revert to an older version
    • When you boot up a version <1.02, the North Pole doesn't exist in the code.
    • Game doesn't know how to handle that, so its either crash or invalidate the save.
    FWIW, PC is the same way....you cannot save on a newer version and then go backwards and have it work. NOA wanted more protections to make that very clear to players for that then NOE did, it appears. It has nothing to do with crashes or lost saves or lost items.

Last edited: May 18, 2016
  3. Halex222

Halex222 Terrarian

Ah, my apologies. I misinterpreted it completely.

4. Loki

No worries. I actually do like the idea of a Creative Mode as well....but that is something for down the road, potentially. Will have to see what the team comes up with for future updates.

5. Halex222

Halex222 Terrarian

I really like how active you guys are in releasing information about updates, bugs, and various other things in the community. Keep up the good work! Best of luck with the NOA 1.02 update! :)

PlanteraBlade likes this.
  6. Lol_hax

Lol_hax Terrarian

I knew something would go wrong for us Americans. Dang that sucks. Hope it's out soon.

7. Termina Moon

Termina Moon Terrarian

I think you should also let people know that updating to 1.0.2 kind-of breaks multiplayer...

8. Avicae

Avicae Terrarian

My game also crashes way more frequently since the update, but not predictably after the usual 1 minute on offending worlds, now it will crash at a truly random point

if you update to 1.0.2 I hope you don't make too much use of end game items and save after every small bit of progress (least it doesn't take a minute to save any more)

Wolfe Blitz and Termina Moon like this.
  9. DaveDaDood

DaveDaDood Terrarian

niceme.me
    --- Double Post Merged, May 18, 2016, Original Post Date: May 18, 2016 ---

10. Master Yuso

Master Yuso Official Terrarian

Has this happened to anyone else? I've managed to reproduce this glitch three times before recording it so it wasn't a fluke.

I mean, it's neat having 2 light pets. But still.

clawyf and xXAustin_HurstXx like this.
  11. BattleDragon45

BattleDragon45 Slime Collector

in fact,who downgrades saves?

xXAustin_HurstXx likes this.
  12. PlanteraBlade

PlanteraBlade Spazmatism

Maybe someone finds multiplayer more stable on an older version, so they would downgrade to an earlier version for a more stable multiplayer.

clawyf and Termina Moon like this.
  13. Termina Moon

Termina Moon Terrarian

Exactly... This is the only reason I can realistically think anyone might want to roll back.

I think you guys should honestly consider NOT updating your game - and to you official guys Loki and Deanzor... I think you should consider making people aware that updating their game will ruin their multiplayer experience.

I appreciate Deanzor is acknowledging the fact that the new update breaks multiplayer (even more than it already was) - but I feel there's not enough (nothing) being done to warn people that this update! It completely screws the game up.

Why don't you just postpone the update until you have an update that works? ...

clawyf likes this.
  14. Loki

I would say it's a safe assumption that if they knew of it, they would have.

I would have to defer to 505 on a status update on things - though it seems Deanzor already confirmed there to be an issue. The question then is how soon can said issue be fixed. I would go on to surmise that he is awaiting word there. Players are free to decide in the interim what they want to do about updating or not knowing there is a "confirmed issue" with MP. Caveat emptor.

The real question to me on top of that then becomes what about NOA. Personally, I would rather they intercept it before release and fix both at once, even if that means a delay on NOA.

So we wait and see for a status update - hopefully tomorrow? Not sure what else you want me to say - the pre-1.02 MP experience has had no issues for me or my two kids (both 2 player and 3 player) outside of some occasional fps chug on my old 3DS. As I am not QA, I can only go by what my eyes can see...and trust me, I've trained both of the kids to be good testers and to tell me when things are amiss - and then I send them up just like I do all of the concerns I encounter here. I have not found MP "broken" at all - outside of making sure everyone saves and exits in proper order (which I admit is a pain, but as we care about our saves, it's worth it). There is a massive gulf between flawless and broken.

Again that is only my personal experience (and we are only now getting into HM - so maybe the breaking will happen later?). As I still haven't played 1.02, I have no way of catching issues with said update myself.

You are free to discern whatever you want from that in regards to intent or results and how to react accordingly. I intend to continue on striving to get things where they need to be regardless. :)

15. Master Yuso

Master Yuso Official Terrarian

I would be in favor of this. Even if it brought another month of waiting.

Daikonradish likes this.
  16. Deanzor

Deanzor Developer 505 Games

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

I will update the original post, but my advice after investigation is that if you play a lot of multiplayer then please do not update to version 1.02 yet.

Single player gamers absolutely should update, but the multiplayer experience is compromised in 1.02 as others in this thread have reported. We will have updated patches in with Nintendo on Monday, and as such I predict 1.02 for NOA will be live in three weeks. There is no way to shortcut this, and I'm incredibly sorry that this somehow slipped through the net. A 1.03 NOE patch will follow shortly after the NOE once, if previous submission times are anything to go by.

To be clear:
    Single player NOE: fine to update to 1.02 now.
    Multiplayer NOE: please wait for the new patch.
    NOA players: expect your 1.02 patch in three weeks.

Last edited: May 19, 2016
  17. Josephus

Josephus Terrarian

AAAAAAHH THE WAIT FOR THE UPDATE IS KILLING ME!!!!!!!

18. xXAustin_HurstXx

xXAustin_HurstXx Eye of Cthulhu

19. BattleDragon45

BattleDragon45 Slime Collector

three weeks????????

20. Loki

Pretty sure that has to do with submission times at NOA. There is literally nothing that anyone can do about that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.