3DS 3DS KNOWN ISSUES

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sad that I have to wait for 3 weeks for NOA but if it fixes mostly everything for my New 3ds then, so be it.

Although I fear the worst case scenario is that we won't get the full 1.3 update but only a taste of it. I hope in the future Nintendo would give out a system update that actually makes even the o3ds run 1.3 .

I'm sad that I have to wait for 3 weeks for NOA but if it fixes mostly everything for my New 3ds then, so be it.

Although I fear the worst case scenario is that we won't get the full 1.3 update but only a taste of it. I hope in the future Nintendo would give out a system update that actually makes even the o3ds run 1.3 .

There is only the event content added, nothing else, fishing is fixed and biome recognition, save times are fixed too, but there seems alot else that has gone wrong since 1.0.2

i feel like that we will get 1.3 but get 1/16 of it. they're gonna release 1.3 on 7th gen but only half of it. but all of it on 8th gen.

I know man, I'm sorry. It's gutting that we've hit problems again. Will be worth it in the end.
First of all, no one hates you that badly that we want to be able to throw darts at a photo of your face (well, that isn't the case for me, anyway. I love your beautiful face).

Secondly, if NOE is getting 1.03 at the same time NOA gets 1.02, why not work on getting 1.03 going for NOA so everyone's up to date by the time these patches roll around, even if the only differences between the patches are multiplayer fixes?

Edit: To clarify on my question, why can't the 1.03 multiplayer fixes be included in the NOA 1.02 patch? Or is that already at Nintendo, and nothing can be done about it until it's released?

Last edited:
Reactions: bup
First of all, no one hates you that badly that we want to be able to throw darts at a photo of your face (well, that isn't the case for me, anyway. I love your beautiful face).

Secondly, if NOE is getting 1.03 at the same time NOA gets 1.02, why not work on getting 1.03 going for NOA so everyone's up to date by the time these patches roll around, even if the only differences between the patches are multiplayer fixes?

Edit: To clarify on my question, why can't the 1.03 multiplayer fixes be included in the NOA 1.02 patch? Or is that already at Nintendo, and nothing can be done about it until it's released?

My understanding from his post is that 1.02 was pulled from submission at NOA to fix the MP issue. So:

NOE 1.03 = NOA 1.02 *when they are actually released*

TLDR: What you suggest is precisely what they are doing, only NOA won't be out with the issues - so there will be version number differences, but with precisely the same code in the end.

My understanding from his post is that 1.02 was pulled from submission at NOA to fix the MP issue. So:

TLDR: What you suggest is precisely what they are doing, only NOA won't be out with the issues - so there will be version number differences, but with precisely the same code in the end.
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

I will update the original post, but my advice after investigation is that if you play a lot of multiplayer then please do not update to version 1.02 yet.

Single player gamers absolutely should update, but the multiplayer experience is compromised in 1.02 as others in this thread have reported. We will have updated patches in with Nintendo on Monday, and as such I predict 1.02 for NOA will be live in three weeks. There is no way to shortcut this, and I'm incredibly sorry that this somehow slipped through the net. A 1.03 NOE patch will follow shortly after the NOE once, if previous submission times are anything to go by.

To be clear:
Single player NOE: fine to update to 1.02 now.
Multiplayer NOE: please wait for the new patch.
NOA players: expect your 1.02 patch in three weeks.

Hi everyone. First i would like to thank you guys for working on these updates. I just have a question about why we cant just use the update since it says single player is fine? I can understand the people that play multiplayer wouldnt want to update but as i dont play multiplayer it would be awesome to have the update for the single player. It would just be nice to have a choice of updating or not. Anyway thanks agian for the hard work!

Umm..this is off subject but can anyone tell me is the avatar im using is okay to use? If not sorry and i will take it off asap. Thanks.

Last edited:
Sorry for multi-posting, but... Does anyone know when the update gets released for Nintendo of Japan?
...Can Japanese players receive updates in the first place? If not I'll throw myself into lava in the underworld instead of a voodoo doll.
I've heard nothing about updates for Japan so far.

O9TQc9Z.jpg

Just paying my respects. Upon closer inspection, the grave stone reads, "Here Lies My Hopes. Crushed Thoroughly By @Deanzor In One Fell Swoop."

Nah but seriously, patience is key. I think the NoA region lucked out that the 1.02 patch was out long enough to catch critical errors and will come with the hotfixes right there and then rather than having to wait for the patch to come out, then have to wait until July for the other to follow. Hopefully all will fall into place nicely.

We've agreed with NOA that the US version can increment from 1.01 to 1.03 to avoid this confusion. When the updates arrive - likely first on NOA - everyone gets the same stuff.

@Ronobono I hear what you're saying, and on these forums you guys could take an informed decision to take the 1.02 update and not worry about multiplayer for a while. But what about the less informed player? The Terraria player base spreads far and wide beyond these boards. If they get an update that damages part of their experience, it's harder for us to reach out to them and explain the situation. If there was a way to let the hardcore download a 'beta' version of the update, we'd absolutely let you. But the platform doesn't permit it, and it's obviously terrible practice for us to send out an update that we know has issues.

Don't get me wrong: every game has bugs. With every update for every game, the developers are fixing a lot of stuff but they're never fixing everything. Some stuff isn't damaging to the experience so goes down the priority list. With Terraria, there are a heck of a lot of moving parts. There is SO MUCH stuff to test. So many variables. So when people post on here and say 'hey, I got a drop in a place I wouldn't have got it on PC' I understand how that can happen. Our players will test more combinations of variables in a week than our test team can manage in a month just because of the sheer weight of numbers. No bug is ever 'okay', but stuff like that is understandable so long as it doesn't break anything fatally.

This multiplayer issue is a completely different beast, however. There is NO EXCUSE for us to have missed that. It breaks something fundamentally and quickly, and we at 505 Games should not have allowed that to happen. I'm embarrassed about it, and sorry to have let the community down. The delays involved aren't huge, but I appreciate 100% that even a one day delay feels like forever for something you're invested in like this game. We've made changes to our process to ensure it won't be repeated, but I appreciate that is scant consolation. It's infuriating for me personally too: we worked so hard to make a 3DS version that we were told was impossible not only possible, but great to play. So stuff like this is a kick in the teeth.

But it's fixed now, just a shame the lead time on getting it to you is so long.

Nintendo is picky about stupid things like that. That's pretty much all that there is to it.

@Deanzor I am totally fine with waiting until June for an update, but I have a question.

1.02 adds content

1.03 does it add content as well? Or is it bug fix for 1.02? And I know NOA 1.02 is the same as 1.03, but is there new content, or just problem fixes?

Not trying to be pushy, just curious!

Keep up the good work! Ever since I picked up Terraria on my New 3DS, my Minecraft for the ps4 has like 3 inches of dust on it!

I bought a copy of Terraria for both my kids, and am trying to push it on my wife. She'll cave eventually.................. Lol it's like minecraft's cooler older brother, you only ever hung out with Minecraft, just so you could see Terraria.

1.03 on NOE and NOA will be the content and fixes outlined on the Frost Moon & More thread - plus the fix for the multiplayer issue.

What comes after that is still in the planning stages as far as I know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom