3DS 3DS KNOWN ISSUES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get all the loot from Pumpkin and Frost moons? There's a lot to do there. A fun challenge also would be to fight the bosses until you get their trophies.
ox709V4.jpg
So all boss trophies are in the 3DS version? I've only been able to get a few pre-Hardmode ones (Brain, Queen Bee, Skeletron), but bosses like the Eater of Worlds never drop them, no matter how many times I try. I guess all I need is patience, huh?

[QUOTE="Manman, post: 1021090, member: 59559]add online multiplayer ;-;[/QUOTE]

The one feature everyone wants but they can deliver. Yet

Hey guys, just wanted to check back in.

We've got QA working hard to try and find patterns based on the info given here and also kindly DM'd to me by a few of you. I've been off for a week, so I'm a bit behind on the thread. Will work back and if there's anything specific I can reply on I will.

[QUOTE="Manman, post: 1021090, member: 59559]add online multiplayer ;-;

The one feature everyone wants but they can deliver. Yet[/QUOTE]

The immediate priority has to be to squash these crash issues down. Adding online multiplayer is complicated and there are a host of new things that might disturb, so we need to make sure we have a solid base to build on.

I think I figured out what is going on with the crashing and how to fix it as I had the crashing issue and my game has been running and still is running for 1 1/2 hours. What I think happened is that when some players download the update, the data changed or became corrupted(bad terraria pun). The fix I got is a few steps.

1. Boot up Terraria 3DS
2. Close game and go to its EShop page
3. Go to the bottom of the EShop page and tap "Repair Software"
4. Let it check and even if it says it's fine, have it repair it anyway
5. Boot Terraria up again, and ether (a) play till it crashes, if it does or (b) on the booting up screen at the 505 games logo, see part of it glitch on the top screen(this will be vertical white lines that only appear for a fraction of a second)
6. Navigate to the EShop and search for terraria again but this time, go to the 1.03 update page.
7. Repair the update like you did the game.
8. Play terraria

Those steps are what I did and my games is still running as I type this now. Still hasn't crashed and I hope this works for other players who have this issue.

VERY interested to hear if this solves the issue for anyone else. Great info, @rewdmister4. Make sure you @ me in any replies on this.

The one feature everyone wants but they can deliver. Yet

The immediate priority has to be to squash these crash issues down. Adding online multiplayer is complicated and there are a host of new things that might disturb, so we need to make sure we have a solid base to build on.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I know, I just wanna be able to play with my friends who don't live close to me at all but I can wait until the team fixes all the issues. Of course there would be bugs and glitches with online multiplayer that they'd have to workout too but I understand :3
[doublepost=1467379725,1467379395][/doublepost]Has anyone had the Angry Nimbus just fly through a block? That's happened to me a lot, also an issue with Plantera's AI where like 50% of the time Plantera hooks just fly to the upper left to my sky bridge and stay there until they despawn. I've reported this bug but I just wanted to let anyone know and ask if anyone else has had that problem, but it probably happens because I pretty much emptied out my jungle biome and replaced it with a really long and thick platform of mud with jungle grass seeds but I don't know :c

VERY interested to hear if this solves the issue for anyone else. Great info, @rewdmister4. Make sure you @ me in any replies on this.
I have tried this on a friend's system that had crashing issues before 1.0.3 and I have tried it on my n3dsxl that hasbegun crashing since the 1.0.3 update. Neither attempts were successful. The one thing that truly helps is saving more. If I wait too long to save, and then click save it will crash the moment I click save.

@Deanzor i fear there is less Chance to make the game less laggy^^
If not the guys should write a comment in eshop that terraria is Hard laggy in more Situations without one of the "NEW" 3ds devices.
But wb anyway :)

The immediate priority has to be to squash these crash issues down. Adding online multiplayer is complicated and there are a host of new things that might disturb, so we need to make sure we have a solid base to build on.
Yeah I know, I just wanna be able to play with my friends who don't live close to me at all but I can wait until the team fixes all the issues. Of course there would be bugs and glitches with online multiplayer that they'd have to workout too but I understand :3
[doublepost=1467379725,1467379395][/doublepost]Has anyone had the Angry Nimbus just fly through a block? That's happened to me a lot, also an issue with Plantera's AI where like 50% of the time Plantera hooks just fly to the upper left to my sky bridge and stay there until they despawn. I've reported this bug but I just wanted to let anyone know and ask if anyone else has had that problem, but it probably happens because I pretty much emptied out my jungle biome and replaced it with a really long and thick platform of mud with jungle grass seeds but I don't know :c
Yea angry nimbus clouds go through blocks like magic! So do fireflies which are annoying to catch if they spawn in my pumpkin farm! :)

I have tried this on a friend's system that had crashing issues before 1.0.3 and I have tried it on my n3dsxl that hasbegun crashing since the 1.0.3 update. Neither attempts were successful. The one thing that truly helps is saving more. If I wait too long to save, and then click save it will crash the moment I click save.

I think you're on to something there. On both mine and my girlfriend's (New) 3DSes, I've repaired the software on the eShop. It doesn't help. The only thing that lessens the crashes is saving often. It doesn't stop the crashes, but makes them less frequent.

I tried repairing on 1.0, 1.02 & 1.03... It's not a problem with the download, there's something wrong with the game. I'm not sure what the issue is, but I do know that repairing your software on the eShop is futile and likely won't make a difference.

But I suggested this earlier in the thread. Apparently, that's not enough information, though, and we're meant to do more beta testing to get to the source of it.

There's also a glitch I've noticed where when I use the quick stack to nearby chests at my mob farm I don't see the items and stuff go in the chest, but they go in but I don't see the animation that I usually do

5. Boot Terraria up again, and ether (a) play till it crashes, if it does or (b) on the booting up screen at the 505 games logo, see part of it glitch on the top screen(this will be
I just realized that (b) happens to me every now and then when I boot up the game, and has been a random occurrence for the past couple of months and my game has actually not crashed in the hours I've played it these past months. So I'm not sure if that can be counted as a precursor for a crash.

Hey is anyone else having trouble getting chaos elementals to spawn? I've been at it for ages and not one has spawned, also can anyone confirm the rod of discord is in the 3ds version

Last edited:
So I have started a new world in terraria and haven't seen any crashes................so my theory is that worlds that are farther in the game are the ones that cause crashes. If anyone can tell me what causes crashes I would appreciate it so I can help to find a solution for the crashing issues. Also sorry I haven't been posting a lot, life is crazy rigt now for me. Expect more posts in the future. I hope everyone has a good day!!
[doublepost=1467469990,1467469878][/doublepost]
Hey is anyone else having trouble getting chaos elementals to spawn? I've been at it for ages and not one has spawned, also can anyone confirm the rod of discord is in the 3ds version
To my knowledge the rod of discord is not in 3ds, but don't quote me on that.

Heres the screenshots

View attachment 118803 View attachment 118804 View attachment 118805 View attachment 118806

On the bottom right picture, if i walk to the right. I'll find a blocked tunnel that goes deeper into the dungeon. You can see the dungeon walls and floor behind my character and to the left of her. I would take more picks, but the dungeon guardian keeps killing me before I can take more. So far, this is the only world where something like this has happened, but thier might be more.
I have a potential theory to explain this.

You know how when a world is generating, you get messages that say what's happening (example, "Generating Jungle")? I've noticed that there's a certain order in which the world usually generates. In this example, specifically, I figured out it should go "Creating Underworld, Generating Dungeon, Making the world evil/bloody..." etc. Although it looks like the patch is making it go "Creating underworld, Making the world evil/bloody, Generating Dungeon..." etc.

@Deanzor Is it possible that the slightly mixed up worldgen order caused this corrupted Dungeon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom