3DS 3DS KNOWN ISSUES

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just thinking about the game and have come up with what I think are the most important things to have in future updates;

Of course, this goes without saying... Priority 1:
No crashes
Bigger Worlds
Online Multiplayer

I know that the devs aren't going to tackle bigger worlds or online multiplayer. So what else could they do?

Personally I'd appreciate Expert mode. The game is way too easy as it is.
Then I'd really like to see the NPCs have the ability to fight enemies.
All the summons would be nice too.

I will think of more, but I think these things would really make the game suck considerably less. What do you think?

Any chances of these appearing in the game, @Deanzor ?

They should never make terraria for 3ds.
So many Problems, so much Content which will never come there (and would make more Problems), no online multiplayer (maybe never) and a price which is much higher then it's worth. (i hope the grammer is not too bad ^^)
Why you hating on 3DS Terraria
[doublepost=1467761852,1467761498][/doublepost]
I was just thinking about the game and have come up with what I think are the most important things to have in future updates;

Of course, this goes without saying... Priority 1:
No crashes
Bigger Worlds
Online Multiplayer

I know that the devs aren't going to tackle bigger worlds or online multiplayer. So what else could they do?

Personally I'd appreciate Expert mode. The game is way too easy as it is.
Then I'd really like to see the NPCs have the ability to fight enemies.
All the summons would be nice too.

I will think of more, but I think these things would really make the game suck considerably less. What do you think?

Any chances of these appearing in the game, @Deanzor ?
Personally I don't mind the world size. All I want to see is expert mode, NPC's defending themselves, Moonlord(if it can be optimized enough), Online Multiplayer, and the fricken Ocram Summener be able to be crafted with the "new" hard mode ores instead of just the "old" ones.

So many Problems, so much Content which will never come there (and would make more Problems), no online multiplayer (maybe never) and a price which is much higher then it's worth. (i hope the grammer is not too bad ^^)
They said before that the price was out of there hands. And if the game is so bad why do we still play it? Because it is FUN. Just because it isn't as polished, big, or cheap as other versions does NOT mean it is a bad game. And remember they can't fix a problem instantly because of Nintendo. For all we know, the crashing may not even be them. But some many people on here don't see this. They look at every thing bad in game instead of noticing how great it really is. I've seen the devs explain the why this and why that trying to let the gamers see through the devs eyes but they don't even try to see because they are blind. They are blinded by negativity instead of seeing the positive. They are blinded by cons instead of seeing the pros. I am sure that I'll ignored and hated for all of what I just said but at least I tried. Now go ahead hit with best shot. Hit me with what ever counter because I'm ready for it. I think I know what your going to say next. I've seen 150 pages of negativity that I think I know what expect. I've pad attention to all of it so I can try to use it as an advantage and help you see.

P.S. I think I'd be great at deadlock or defend it. :p

Last edited:
Hey, has anyone else had the problem where a world becomes completely unusable? Like, when you try to load the world, the progress bar stops a quarter of the way and then the game freezes then the game proceeds to crash or the system hard locks. I'm running out for worlds to use! I only got 2 world slots remaining. This is on the regular 3DS of course.

I don't think whether they made it on the 3DS should be for you to have a say in. It's not as though the dev team put a gun to your head for you to buy the game. If you already owned the game through other means and you wanted to buy it, that was your choice. Granted, it does suck that the game has plenty of bugs and mishaps that don't make it the same experience as any other version, but don't go blowing smoke at the game's existence because yours doesn't work. Mine and many others work fine, aside from bugs that everyone seems to have encountered.. Like not being able to move the cursor when grappled onto a ceiling.. everyone is dealing with that, how did that go unchecked? But regardless, if you don't like it, you don't have to play it. Nobody is forcing you to. And if your copy is as bad as you say it is and you keep on playing, it's like beating a dead horse. Stop beating the poor dead horse and let the dev team work on.. regenerating the horse.. huh. Okay yeah. That.

Why you hating on 3DS Terraria
I dont hate it ^^
This is the way i heard of Terraria First time and I think it's a great game (like a much better Version of minectaft).

They said before that the price was out of there hands. And if the game is so bad why do we still play it? Because it is FUN. Just because it isn't as polished, big, or cheap as other versions does NOT mean it is a bad game. And remember they can't fix a problem instantly because of Nintendo. For all we know, the crashing may not even be them. But some many people on here don't see this. They look at every thing bad in game instead of noticing how great it really is. I've seen the devs explain the why this and why that trying to let the gamers see through the devs eyes but they don't even try to see because they are blind. They are blinded by negativity instead of seeing the positive. They are blinded by cons instead of seeing the pros. I am sure that I'll ignored and hated for all of what I just said but at least I tried. Now go ahead hit with best shot. Hit me with what ever counter because I'm ready for it. I think I know what your going to say next. I've seen 150 pages of negativity that I think I know what expect. I've pad attention to all of it so I can try to use it as an advantage and help you see.

P.S. I think I'd be great at deadlock or defend it. :p
Uhhhm... What? XD

I dont think that 505 (or who ever) is bad for that ^^
I think terraria is a great game with much potential!
But this kind of game needs some Stuff which makes is playable for Years - new Content all few months(or less), online multiplayer (without it's boring, for me after pumpkin/Frost Moon), and more.
Stuff like that is needed to make the game still great.
But we cannot expand the 3ds with more ram or sth, so if it's laggy (cause it reached the max Content) in 1.0.3, how should it survive to 1.2 or sth?
Plus this gameplay is made for PC with mouse.
If my big Laptop would Not be broken and and didn't play for Years n Stuff, i would get it for PC, but my actual is just to crappy ^^

And I dont care how the price is made in the eshop, but the difference is too big to ignore it ^^ (and I bought it in sale)
I don't think whether they made it on the 3DS should be for you to have a say in. It's not as though the dev team put a gun to your head for you to buy the game. If you already owned the game through other means and you wanted to buy it, that was your choice. Granted, it does suck that the game has plenty of bugs and mishaps that don't make it the same experience as any other version, but don't go blowing smoke at the game's existence because yours doesn't work. Mine and many others work fine, aside from bugs that everyone seems to have encountered.. Like not being able to move the cursor when grappled onto a ceiling.. everyone is dealing with that, how did that go unchecked? But regardless, if you don't like it, you don't have to play it. Nobody is forcing you to. And if your copy is as bad as you say it is and you keep on playing, it's like beating a dead horse. Stop beating the poor dead horse and let the dev team work on.. regenerating the horse.. huh. Okay yeah. That.
Nah^^
I like the game and i'm happy to know it now (I'd like to know it since beginning on pc^^) and it made me happy playing for like 270h in the last 1,5-2 months (but that crappy crashes).
If i want to play on PC again and Buy a new one, i absolutly will Buy terraria for it too ^^

That was much, i hope i didn't forget to much and that grammer is not too bad here xD

We're still working on the crash issues. In the meantime, I would be interested to hear from the regular players on the three issues that are bothering them on 3DS. Is there an item that doesn't work as you expect? Some other annoying glitch?

I don't want to hear about the crashes or missing content that you want (1.3, online MP, bigger worlds), just something that you think should be working but isn't. While we're in the code fixing the crashes we'll see what else we can safely address.

We're still working on the crash issues. In the meantime, I would be interested to hear from the regular players on the three issues that are bothering them on 3DS. Is there an item that doesn't work as you expect? Some other annoying glitch?

I don't want to hear about the crashes or missing content that you want (1.3, online MP, bigger worlds), just something that you think should be working but isn't. While we're in the code fixing the crashes we'll see what else we can safely address.
*spams "THANK YOU"*
[doublepost=1467839281,1467838881][/doublepost]Bugs that need to be fixed include:
- When ice queen spawns, nothing else will.
- Upside down left slopes (maybe right) reset making upside down slopes near usless.
- Crates drop anchors (the weapon) A LOT.
- The anchor (weapon) is very glitched and slow.
- Platforms can't be hammered.
- Other than the tempest staff, you still can't reforge Duke Fishron's drops.
- No frost moon music, as you probably already know.
- Getting A LOT of desert in my new worlds except for snow.
- If a spear trap is put in to back ground with an actuator and then used, the spears will continue going up until they hit a solid.
- The chain gun is very, very accurate like other guns.

I may have forgot a but I found and will update you on it ifI remember. I you need me to be more specific or you want to post it on the other 505 games form let me know.

- Upside down left slopes (maybe right) reset making upside down slopes near usless.
X Getting A LOT of desert in my new worlds except for snow.
- If a spear trap is put in to back ground with an actuator and then used, the spears will continue going up until they hit a solid.

These are pretty much the glitches I've come across, sans the one with the strikethrough. The only other two I've noticed:
- Not being able to move the cursor properly while grappled to the ceiling.
- Removing buffs in the equipment screen, particularly summons and light pets does not remove them.

Hi I have a problem with the wall of flesh and the debuff that prevents you leaving. I spawned the boss once, and died. However, if I go back down, the wall of flesh is gone (as usual), but the horrified debuff occurs when I go To near where I died. If I then try to spawn the boss again, even with a guide in place, the voodoo doll is used up, but nothing happens - the guide stays alive, and no boss spawns. Does anyone know what I may have done wrong?

Speaking of buffs, I found an odd bug. Buffs (and Debuffs) that work on a timer will continue to tick down their time when you're on the buffs screen. For example, if you pick up a really annoying debuff from an enemy, say Ichor, and you want to get rid of it, go to the buffs screen and wait for its time to run out. The same can be said about buffs. Then again, why would you want to do that?

I've read about the vampire knives' healing ability is glitching and the health is coming far from the left. Haven't got any knives, but the healing factor from Spector armor bonus does the same thing for me. When I use my magnet sphere, some of the health comes from the damaged mob and some way from the left.

When there's a slope on a minecart track on the map screen your icon goes crazy, which kinda annoys me
[doublepost=1467861029,1467860921][/doublepost]
Hi I have a problem with the wall of flesh and the debuff that prevents you leaving. I spawned the boss once, and died. However, if I go back down, the wall of flesh is gone (as usual), but the horrified debuff occurs when I go To near where I died. If I then try to spawn the boss again, even with a guide in place, the voodoo doll is used up, but nothing happens - the guide stays alive, and no boss spawns. Does anyone know what I may have done wrong?
Well that shouldn't happen, the debuff should only appear when you summon the WoF
[doublepost=1467861087][/doublepost]
I've read about the vampire knives' healing ability is glitching and the health is coming far from the left. Haven't got any knives, but the healing factor from Spector armor bonus does the same thing for me. When I use my magnet sphere, some of the health comes from the damaged mob and some way from the left.
Yeah that's true, when I use them I see health coming from the left side of the screen
[doublepost=1467861184][/doublepost]
Speaking of buffs, I found an odd bug. Buffs (and Debuffs) that work on a timer will continue to tick down their time when you're on the buffs screen. For example, if you pick up a really annoying debuff from an enemy, say Ichor, and you want to get rid of it, go to the buffs screen and wait for its time to run out. The same can be said about buffs. Then again, why would you want to do that?
Yeah, I've noticed that too but for the debuffs it's good, but for the good buffs it's annoying
[doublepost=1467861326][/doublepost]

Thank you Senpai :3

Not sure if it is what you are looking for or a game breaking bug, but I have experienced souls of night dropping well above underground and cavern layers.

Edit: Also, are goldfish purposely unstackable, or would that be a glitch?

Last edited:

Three things that are bothering me....
Platforms don't slope anymore. I really hope that it's a bug and not intended, and if it is, please, PLEASE change it back. :p

Trash being mapped to X. I think that it should be swapped with place in chest on the touch screen. Also, if there could be an option to trash items directly from a chest.

Goldfish and buckets don't stack.

Also, would it be possible to increase the amount of letters allotted for character names, or is that Nintendo's doing? And apostrophes in names would be nice to make names that are a little more ex'otic

Just two small things that bother me.
-I took a peak at some of the Halloween content and the Dryad costume seems to lack the male variant, so that would be nice before Halloween actually comes.
-I catch a lot of bass in the ocean, something that's not supposed to happen right?

Also, can anyone confirm the following?
-If Ocram drops his mask in this version.
-Whether or not the ice skates and lava charm are also available? Maybe I'm just unlucky.
-Does the Eater of Worlds and Brain of Cthulhu drop their pet items?

Last edited:
*spams "THANK YOU"*
[doublepost=1467839281,1467838881][/doublepost]Bugs that need to be fixed include:
- Getting A LOT of desert in my new worlds except for snow.

I may have forgot a but I found and will update you on it ifI remember. I you need me to be more specific or you want to post it on the other 505 games form let me know.
@Deanzor
Besides ^those^ Also
-Slopes always keep resetting themselves
-Angler doesn't show the biome the fish is caught it when you get a quest

Also, can anyone confirm the following?
-If Ocram drops his mask in this version.
-Whether or not the ice skates and lava necklace are also available? Maybe I'm just unlucky.
-Does the Eater of Worlds and Brain of Cthulhu drop their pet items?
I can confirm that the Eater's Bone is in the game, but the Bone Rattle is not, that's a 1.3 feature.
The Lava Charm is in, and I'm 99% sure that the Ice Skates are also in, but with the lack of an expansive underground Ice biome they are super rare to find.
As far as I know, the only boss masks that we can get are Skeletron and Duke Fishron.

The Dryad's costume and Bass in the ocean things, you would have to ask someone else about. I'm not big on those kinds of things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom