3DS 3DS KNOWN ISSUES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my god, really? "[It] should have been solved months ago"? Oooooh the entitlement coming from you just makes me want to facepalm myself with a shovel.
What, do ya think the developers are all napping 24 hours a day or at the beach or something slacking off? No, they're hard at work making sure Terraria 3DS is as great as it could possibly be. I'm not sure if you're aware, but game development isn't done via magic. Or pushing a " Fix all the things" button. Sure, I dont know anything about game development, but the fact that I'm aware I know nothing is what makes me understand that you shouldn't try to rush something that cannot be rushed. Maybe you can learn that, too. And patience.
I have this game since May and it's crashing all the time. I asked on a german game Website where some other told me he has that Problem longer then me.
Now it's the middle of September and this sh*t still here, at least 5 more weeks (like they said).
Are you f*cking kidding me?!?

If a firm have a game whats playable on PC, many consoles, handheld and mobile and one of this Plattforms has such a big issue which kills the game so Bad... They should stop creating more Content for the others and Stuff, come all together and work in this sh*t till it's done! Ignore small bugs, glitches and bigger f*cking worlds!
And Not waiting for more then 2 months and collect all the small things what we write down here. When the game is stable... Yes

And for the people who dont unterstand me... I didn't say that the devs are Bad in their Job or sth like that... I just said their prioritys are sh*t!

Plus... If that issue comes from the Memory, it's possible that the Edition of the o/n3ds is important.
I (and I hope many o you) know, that different Editions of Consoles and handhelds gets different components (for example the Memory, Laser in consoles, and stuff).

If sth like that is the Problem, we (me and other crash issue Problems) are f*cked... So the reason would be less Content (or whatever) or lost 20€ (15€ for me - sale)
Both would be sh*t^^

Oh my god, really? "[It] should have been solved months ago"? Oooooh the entitlement coming from you just makes me want to facepalm myself with a shovel.
What, do ya think the developers are all napping 24 hours a day or at the beach or something slacking off? No, they're hard at work making sure Terraria 3DS is as great as it could possibly be. I'm not sure if you're aware, but game development isn't done via magic. Or pushing a " Fix all the things" button. Sure, I dont know anything about game development, but the fact that I'm aware I know nothing is what makes me understand that you shouldn't try to rush something that cannot be rushed. Maybe you can learn that, too. And patience.
Thank you for this.
[doublepost=1473714664,1473714519][/doublepost]
I have this game since May and it's crashing all the time. I asked on a german game Website where some other told me he has that Problem longer then me.
Now it's the middle of September and this sh*t still here, at least 5 more weeks (like they said).

If a firm have a game whats playable on PC, many consoles, handheld and mobile and one of this Plattforms has such a big issue which kills the game so Bad... They should stop creating more Content for the others and Stuff, come all together and work in this sh*t till it's done! Ignore small bugs, glitches and bigger f*cking worlds!
And Not waiting for more then 2 months and collect all the small things what we write down here. When the game is stable... Yes

And for the people who dont unterstand me... I didn't say that the devs are Bad in their Job or sth like that... I just said their prioritys are sh*t!

Plus... If that issue comes from the Memory, it's possible that the Edition of the o/n3ds is important.
I (and I hope many o you) know, that different Editions of Consoles and handhelds gets different components (for example the Memory, Laser in consoles, and stuff).

If sth like that is the Problem, we (me and other crash issue Problems) are f*cked... So the reason would be less Content (or whatever) or lost 20€ (15€ for me - sale)
Both would be sh*t^^
Yeah.. I can see why you'd complain now having felt that your satisfaction is not the devs main priority and rather having them tend to the rest of the community.
How dare they!
o_O

Thank you for this.
[doublepost=1473714664,1473714519][/doublepost]
Yeah.. I can see why you'd complain now having felt that your satisfaction is not the devs main priority and rather having them tend to the rest of the community.
How dare they!
o_O
Sry, my english sux. That's Hard to unterstand :D
I want that Problem solved for me and all the others who have that issue!
I repeat... I'm just here to show you all i'm damn pissed. I want to play a great game what i accidentally found on eshop.
I often told i'm extremly unpatient and waiting makes me aggressiv.
After ~4 months of beeing pissed and one update which didn't Change anything they told me i have to wait at least 6 more weeks...

Take the facts you Know about me and tell me what i should do?!?
I was very friendly and tried to be as patient as i can the whole time...
And I'm the kind of guy who screams at grandmas and Kids which standing in my way and make me wait for a minute!

I was always friendly and courteous -.-

to answer your question I'm sure the crashes are by the same reason the PS Vita version would crash. memory leaking issue which means they might have to get it as stable as possible and cap it off there sadly

if that was the case wouldn't the New 3DS version (with access to double the RAM) be fine? but it still crashes

I agree with you that this guy is on this issue several times per post, for several posts per page.

That said, your comment makes me want to facepalm myself with a shovel as much as his post makes you want to do as much. Because honestly, your arguments are horrible. "You shouldn't try to rush something that cannot be rushed." Do you know how hypocritical it is to defend the devs on this, after they've pretty much rushed the release for 3DS just so they'd be in time to get in on christmas sales? Don't justify something that shouldn't be justified, you sound like a kid and he's insulting your favorite band or something. The game has a couple of bugs, and it's perfectly fine to dislike that.

I love the game, I enjoy the game, but I do not enjoy the crashes. Sorry, do I sound entitled to you? I am entitled to an opinion, and hell yeah I believe I was entitled to a functional game, the moment I spent twenty europe-dollars on it. Also, programming games aside, there's a lot of crafts out there that "don't work via magic", but in most crafts, you pay and receive a functional product. Growing cucumbers "isn't done via magic", but when I'm paying for a cucumber, I want a bloody cucumber. Yes, that is literally the least :red:ed analogy I could come up with, but knock yourself out, this should work with any "Pay for X" variant.

Sure, not everyone on this forum conveys their discontent with the apparent lack of a fix for the hard crash bug in the most subtle, or even coherent way, but your arguments are pissing me off. Give me a break here, sure he could stop whining about it every post, I agree, but although I agree with you on that, your arguments for defending the devs on this is being either ignorant or an intentional hypocrite.

Just my two cents.

Last edited:
In my opion, it wasn't just Christmas sales they were going after. If it was than they would have release the physical copys as well. They only did it because they probably knew that they needed to make money off of it For future updates.

And they're not on a 24/7 breaks at beach. I actually program games and let met tell, it can be the most frustrating thing when my games don't work. Now imagine the devs right now. If they go on that break and really just don't fix the bug, than they loss their jobs. In other words, they'll do just about anything to fix that bug.

Another thing is that all current theory that I know all points to why they can't recreate the crash. SD card is not large enough theory. The devs SD cards are never touched and probably have enough room for all the did on the eshop. They ds is to worn out theory and the save pile up theory (by yours truely). There ds' are not like ours. They're probably all just been store bought tinkered to do more.

As a player, you are 100% entitled to the thing you paid for being functional. Of course you are.

We didn't - and continue not to - see the crash bugs that some of you encounter. Of course, if you're affected by it, you're furious. For you, it's a 100% reproducible issue. But a look around the forums will tell you that it's not the same for everyone. Computer code doesn't test itself in all the infinite possibilities and fix anything that's wrong. We have to see a crash to be able to fix it. Even worse, we have to have that bug be repeatable so we can narrow down what causes it.

We didn't rush the 3DS game, we actually delayed it to fix more stuff in conjunction with Re-Logic. But the reality that we've found is that we clearly weren't able to catch everything with the small QA team we had. Bear in mind that our QA team of ten people will log less hours in total than the community will the day the game goes live. Suddenly you've got tens of thousands of people in the game, all doing things differently. On a platform that is creaking under the weight of the code as it is.

The 3DS version couldn't launch to the community as a Beta to have you guys load test every possibility. We thought we were good, and the people having serious issues are very much in the minority. But we take that very seriously, and we're still hard at it trying to catch those edge case issues that are damaging the experience.

Terraria isn't a linear game with easily predictable outcomes. Don't be fooled by the graphics: the complexity under the hood is insane. If we'd had a QA team of 1000, would we have found more of those issues? Undoubtedly. Would the game have ever got made if that was the plan from the off? Absolutely not. There's no way we'd have made any money on it. As it stands, every time we hit a new sales milestone we're reinvesting that money into new updates. And more.

If you get a bug you want it fixed then and there, but it's a much slower process on console than on PC. There's no hotfixes. If we finish an update today, the soonest you'll get it on Nintendo is about a month later. There's nothing we can do about that. If we double the size of the code team does that get the update made twice as quickly? No it doesn't. We have a small team of guys that know the code intimately, and those are the best people to fix things. Two people might dig a big hole twice as fast, but two women can't have a baby in half the time.

In the past few weeks, we've fixed a load of issues we didn't know existed before that. And it's INSANE stuff. Under a load of weird conditions, the code that determines how trees grow can throw an error and crash the system. We hope that one of these is the magic bullet that resolves a killer stability issue. We'll keep looking in parallel with the work making the larger worlds, and QA will hammer the game throughout. When we're happy, the game comes out.

I hope you bear with us during this process.

As a player, you are 100% entitled to the thing you paid for being functional. Of course you are.

We didn't - and continue not to - see the crash bugs that some of you encounter. Of course, if you're affected by it, you're furious. For you, it's a 100% reproducible issue. But a look around the forums will tell you that it's not the same for everyone. Computer code doesn't test itself in all the infinite possibilities and fix anything that's wrong. We have to see a crash to be able to fix it. Even worse, we have to have that bug be repeatable so we can narrow down what causes it.

We didn't rush the 3DS game, we actually delayed it to fix more stuff in conjunction with Re-Logic. But the reality that we've found is that we clearly weren't able to catch everything with the small QA team we had. Bear in mind that our QA team of ten people will log less hours in total than the community will the day the game goes live. Suddenly you've got tens of thousands of people in the game, all doing things differently. On a platform that is creaking under the weight of the code as it is.

The 3DS version couldn't launch to the community as a Beta to have you guys load test every possibility. We thought we were good, and the people having serious issues are very much in the minority. But we take that very seriously, and we're still hard at it trying to catch those edge case issues that are damaging the experience.

Terraria isn't a linear game with easily predictable outcomes. Don't be fooled by the graphics: the complexity under the hood is insane. If we'd had a QA team of 1000, would we have found more of those issues? Undoubtedly. Would the game have ever got made if that was the plan from the off? Absolutely not. There's no way we'd have made any money on it. As it stands, every time we hit a new sales milestone we're reinvesting that money into new updates. And more.

If you get a bug you want it fixed then and there, but it's a much slower process on console than on PC. There's no hotfixes. If we finish an update today, the soonest you'll get it on Nintendo is about a month later. There's nothing we can do about that. If we double the size of the code team does that get the update made twice as quickly? No it doesn't. We have a small team of guys that know the code intimately, and those are the best people to fix things. Two people might dig a big hole twice as fast, but two women can't have a baby in half the time.

In the past few weeks, we've fixed a load of issues we didn't know existed before that. And it's INSANE stuff. Under a load of weird conditions, the code that determines how trees grow can throw an error and crash the system. We hope that one of these is the magic bullet that resolves a killer stability issue. We'll keep looking in parallel with the work making the larger worlds, and QA will hammer the game throughout. When we're happy, the game comes out.

Nicely said, I understand that you can't fix an issue if you can't reproduce the issue and I'm glad you haven't given up on Terraria 3ds. Just keep doing what you're doing and I'm sure you'll figure out how to fix all the bugs and crashes.

Thank you for all the work you and the team do, I really appreciate it and I'm sure everyone else does too.

Thanks for spending the time to explain this in more detail. Hopefully more people can understand your side of the story and be a bit more patient.

Thank you for this post, you have obviously taken a lot of time and effort to address our concerns.
I would like to elaborate and make very clear that I hold no grudge whatsoever to you, the hardworking developers.

Among ourselves, however, every time the bugs are mentioned, it seems to incite a discussion between those who either haven't, or have rarely, run into the crashes, and those who are not so lucky. These discussions usually degrade to oversimplified arguments like "This sucks, I wish the devs worked harder" and "Have a little patience, you sound so entitled". Neither of which are very nuanced. I agree, patience is a virtue, but someone's use of the word "entitlement" just rubbed me the wrong way for a bit.

Although I am not a gifted programmer, but working in the IT field, I have a faint idea of the insane complexity that is under the hood of Terraria, and I can honestly say that I am NOT envious of the insane amount of work that you guys have done so far, and have yet to do still. The challenges of developing and fixing bugs on this platform is another thing that I can only imagine being extremely tedious and time consuming. I tip my hat for that, I honestly do.

I believe that your update on the progress of fixing these bugs goes a long way to imbue patience and faith in those among us less endowed in these.
Having owned Terraria for PC since the ample beginnings, I can certainly tell you for a fact that I have every bit of confidence that this thread will one day obsolete, in favor for more joyful ones.

TL;DR, I will bear with you guys, and I thank you very much for this update.

Two people might dig a big hole twice as fast, but two women can't have a baby in half the time.
Best thing I've heard today.

The most intimidating thing I think about when it comes to trying to replicate crashes with reported information is considering just how many random variables exist in every world created by players. There's just so many variables, it makes me head spin to think about it. After all, every 1x1 tile whether occupied or not is a randomized variable with potential for anything.
:confused:

If I get a New 3DS XL and transfer all my data, will my data for Terraria including the game, my worlds and characters transfer over too?

If I get a New 3DS XL and transfer all my data, will my data for Terraria including the game, my worlds and characters transfer over too?
Yes they will. Note that, if you bought the game digitally, you will have to transfer the game itself. Most digital games you have the option to delete them but keep the save data so that the transfer can be done a lot quicker. Terraria's file size is small anyway so it won't take long to transfer it (unlike larger games such as monster hunter or smash bros).

I hope @Deanzor or any other developer noticed my bug posts. It has been bothering me knowing if it was worth my time reporting or if it wasn't.

It's always best to report bugs via 505 Customer Services. That way they show up in the bug database. We don't have a team of people on here copying all the info from the threads to the database. If something comes up a load of times I might check if we already have it, but it's not guaranteed.

Both would be sh*t^^

You have got to be kidding, right?

The 3DS isn't all that powerful, and Re-logic, 505 Games are working on it.
Besides, your game is crashing? Play a different version of Terraria, and wait for Terraria on the 3DS to be fixed. Simple as that.
Plus, we get your game is crashing. You keep on saying it. WE GET IT! So stop.

It takes time, so it's not going to happen just like that. :/

Last edited:
Personal Attack - please do not insult other people
You have got to be kidding, right?

The 3DS isn't all that powerful, and Re-logic, 505 Games are working on it.
Besides, your game is crashing? Play a different version of Terraria, and wait for Terraria on the 3DS to be fixed. Simple as that.
Plus, we get your game is crashing. You keep on saying it. WE GET IT! So stop.

It takes time, so it's not going to happen just like that. :/
Like i said before...
I'm just here to discompose about that sh*t.
And if that game is still f*cking crashing, i'll continue to annoy you! Since at least as they told us what the work on and said 6+ weeks!
I struggled really bad to be friendly and be as patient as i can.

So if you think i annoy you...
Ignore me, f*ck you and stfu sucker!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom