3DS 3DS KNOWN ISSUES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heyo! I play multiplayer with my sister a fair bit.

All the things you have indicated in your post match my experience on multiplayer.

-The Wall of Flesh's eyes and maw are rarely visible on Player 2's screen
-Skeletron Prime's arms are occasionally bugged on Player 2's screen
-Large worms such as Wyverns and The Destroyer can have bugged graphics (jumbled-up segments)

Without saving, we crash after 20 minutes of gameplay. With steady saving every 5 minutes, gameplay can continue, undisturbed, for multiple hours.

In singleplayer, things are much more stable. I save frequently because I'm paranoid, but saving seems to reduce the crashing rate.

But just a quick question @Termina Moon, do you plant trees a lot in multiplayer?

Interesting! I thought as much. I agree with the saving - it really helps, but not always. It's hard to get into the swing of saving every 5 minutes. Not only that but it's a real mood killer.

I'm impressed you've managed to get past the wall of flesh with the crashing! Well done. My girlfriend gets fed up and stops playing with me after a while. (I'm a bit more patient...)

Another thing I've noticed are mannequins are glitched, and when you place them it usually shows a dragon helmet on them (or something) when they're completely empty... I've stopped using them on multiplayer to try minimise crashing. Hasn't worked. :/ lol

But to answer your question... yes, I plant trees. Nothing crazy though. I usually go to a new world to stock up on wood, then erase that world and come back to my regular. But I do plant trees every so often - and when I do it's usually just the odd tree here and there to top up my stack. I like to keep stacks of 999 in chests because I hate running out...

Is this is where you tell me trees are likely crashing my world? :p

Any tips on minimising crashes would be greatly appreciated though, so thanks! :)

Interesting! I thought as much. I agree with the saving - it really helps, but not always. It's hard to get into the swing of saving every 5 minutes. Not only that but it's a real mood killer.
Player 1- "Oy, an evil presence is watching us!"
Player 2- "Oh crap, this is intense. What should we do?"
Player 1- "Aaugh, I don't know..."
*World saves for 4 minutes*

But yeah, it's a bit of a habit to get into. After you lose progress a couple times through crashes, you get into the swing of things pretty quickly.

Is this is where you tell me trees are likely crashing my world? :p
Yes, yes it is. xD

Usually going on a lumber spree does the trick. When Deanzor says that something pertaining to tree growth is causing crashes (actually he didn't use a single one of those words), I thought of literally planting acorns and waiting for them to grow.
Any tips on minimising crashes would be greatly appreciated though, so thanks! :)
No problem! All I've noticed that is of relevance is how much regular saving helps. If I discover anything of importance I'll be sure to come here. :)

Ya. Deanzor did say something about code in tree growth can deep and lead to crashes.
Saving does seem to lead to less crashes. Back when I did multiplayer a bit, I never expirenced crashes. Maybe because it was in 20 min segments cause they were during lunch at school.

It's good to be back after so long.

Ya. Deanzor did say something about code in tree growth can deep and lead to crashes.
Saving does seem to lead to less crashes. Back when I did multiplayer a bit, I never expirenced crashes. Maybe because it was in 20 min segments cause they were during lunch at school.

It's good to be back after so long.
So I guess you can say when it comes to multiplayer and crashes, the code for tree growth is a possible... root. :cool:

I think yoyos would be possible through the touch screen. yes I know the resolution doesn't display much in the way of distance but you could control the distance of the yoyo with the touch screen

@Deanzor I'm very sorry I keep Mentioning you with the @, you're very busy and this will be the last time. I have a question, will this be the last update? I don't care about content updates *Except mounts* I mean will there be bug patches? Or will all updates end together?

That's not been decided. It'll depend on how many players are still enjoying the game. We're hoping the New 3DS features will be enough to tempt in a few new players.

That's not been decided. It'll depend on how many players are still enjoying the game. We're hoping the New 3DS features will be enough to tempt in a few new players.
I hope more people will buy it for Christmas, so more people will be playing it.
[doublepost=1474300643,1474300381][/doublepost]I love this version of Terraria, and I don't mind that it's not as up to date as the other versions. I just hope that's it still gets more content and bug fixes in the coming months.

that's nice to hear since I didn't even think further updates would even be considered after this one.

I'm sure the news of a bigger update and Christmas will lure in new players.

news of updates on Nintendo Life were what made me check out reviews and buy the game in the first place now that I think about it (plus it was on sale at the time):passionate:

now I have some more hope we do get full 1.2.4 hehe

that's nice to hear since I didn't even think further updates would even be considered after this one.

I'm sure the news of a bigger update and Christmas will lure in new players.

news of updates on Nintendo Life were what made me check out reviews and buy the game in the first place now that I think about it (plus it was on sale at the time):passionate:

now I have some more hope we do get full 1.2.4 hehe
If we do get a full 1.2.4 it'll probably be the new 3ds that gets it, luckily I have a new 3ds xl.

@Deanzor I know the N3ds is getting bigger worlds but I'm wondering. Is the old 3ds getting new stuff or are you taking chances. I can't get my hard on a N3ds right now so I'm gonna have to stick with the 2ds.

Also can we see a screen shot of the bigger worlds on N3ds. I'm just wondering and I sure other's are to.

Is it me or has this forum gone really quiet. A well. Maybe they died... And if so... I CALL DIDS ON THERE TERRARIA WORLDS!!!

Is it me or has this forum gone really quiet. A well. Maybe they died... And if so... I CALL DIDS ON THERE TERRARIA WORLDS!!!
Just nothing much to say. All bugs have been pointed out (most likely) and there isn't any more detail about the crashes we could talk about. Everyone is just waiting for news on the update.

And dibs on all of their 3ds' so I can sell them :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom