3DS 3DS KNOWN ISSUES

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would also love to see a save backup system. Corrupt files happen all the time (I've lost saves in more games than I can count) - the saving grace of being able to manually backup and then only lose SOME is far nicer than a full loss.

Would have to defer to Deanzor as to if such as thing is feasible on 3DS with how Terraria saves, though.

I would also love to see a save backup system. Corrupt files happen all the time (I've lost saves in more games than I can count) - the saving grace of being able to manually backup and then only lose SOME is far nicer than a full loss.

Would have to defer to Deanzor as to if such as thing is feasible on 3DS with how Terraria saves, though.
If I'm correct, @Deanzor said months back that the game's saves were so large it couldn't be done. :(

I got this from beating Plantera

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CWRlUM8W4AAxpPV?format=pjpg&name=large
[DOUBLEPOST=1450192725,1450192646][/DOUBLEPOST]
Yeah, honey blocks, stingers, obsidian, bottled honey, crispy honey blocks and hive block at a demon alter. I've done it on this version so I know it works.
Is that Zapinator (Itemname 5705) a 100% chance drop?? Because if it is I will rush to kill The Twins and Plantera at an insanely fast speed. Reference intended.

Is that Zapinator (Itemname 5705) a 100% chance drop?? Because if it is I will rush to kill The Twins and Plantera at an insanely fast speed. Reference intended.
Sourcing the wiki, the Zapinator has a 1.25% drop chance. From my experience beating Plantera (I'll have you know I have a chest filled with like 5 Axes), the odds are closer to 14.29 percent.

But to answer your question, no - the odds are most definitely not 100%.

Radikid is a skilled Terrarian, all in his presence should be in awe.
Dear Loki, I would like to report a bug that I have with one of my saves on the 3DS. I was in the world select screen one day and the chromatic bar started to move as I loaded my world. When it got to pure orange (no yellow or green mixed in) the game froze for 3 seconds then it exited and the DS gave me a message saying "An unexpected error has occurred. The device will now restart.". So it resarted and I repeated the login process and it stopped at exactly the same point. I repeated this a couple times. It still did not work. So I loaded my character into another world and it worked just fine. So then I loaded another character into the first world and it froze. So I know that the problem is with the world. Is the world corrupted? If not, is there ANY fix? Please look into this.

One question: Are your corruptions matching my story?

I am just glad that it was my world, not my player.

-Radikid

I know you didn't ask me, but I figured I would answer anyway because I have nothing better to do

You are indeed experiencing the world corruption issue. Your world is refusing to load because something involving the information of the world is broken.

I know you didn't ask me, but I figured I would answer anyway because I have nothing better to do

You are indeed experiencing the world corruption issue. Your world is refusing to load because something involving the information of the world is broken.
Probably broken as in I have so much stuff that it failed to load it all every time. :)
[doublepost=1476749878,1476749855][/doublepost]
Probably broken as in I have so much stuff that it failed to load it all every time. :)
Jk
[doublepost=1476749984][/doublepost]

Is there any way I can fix this. Including tapping into the game's files. And how?

Best thing to do for corrupt worlds or crashing is to wait on the update that 505/CG are working on (which should be near completion, I figure).

If you want to dive into it further with CS, you should probably submit a ticket to 505's CS Portal. Re-Logic has no direct expertise in regards to 3DS, I am afraid - apart from playing on it of course.

image.jpg

I hope everything is going as planned with the update and they have solved the crashing and other issues.

It was just over 6 weeks ago that @Deanzor said 'we've got at least 6 more weeks dev time' - I'm not rushing anyone, just sharing my excitement with the board. Take as much time as you need! Just fix those crashes :)

Though, any new bits of info on how the update is progressing would be greatly appreciated :)

Well, we were hoping to submit to Nintendo today but we've encountered a couple of issues that are likely to slip this to next week now. As soon as that's in sub, I'll post up a full list of what's included.

Well, we were hoping to submit to Nintendo today but we've encountered a couple of issues that are likely to slip this to next week now. As soon as that's in sub, I'll post up a full list of what's included.

oh wow so EXCITING :passionate::passionate:
I can't wait to start playing again in one of those bigger worlds and hopefully with no more crashes or fear of corrupting my world:passionate:

hopefully there's also some new exciting content in there to draw more new players into buying the game! ;)

whatever it is though, I'm excited and very thankful we're getting this update. one more week isn't that much time :)

Darn, I was hoping for a surprise halloween update or something like that :p . Oh well, still good to hear that you are nearly done with the update :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom