3DS 3DS KNOWN ISSUES

Status
Not open for further replies.
i was reading something that said you might add a new sized world for the new 3ds if people show interest so im showing my interest:) also wondering how many things have been fixed?
[DOUBLEPOST=1451910699,1451910398][/DOUBLEPOST]sorry just seen your first couple posts and just to confirm this again will the worlds i already have be fixed or will i have to make a new world?
[DOUBLEPOST=1451910718][/DOUBLEPOST]sorry just seen your first couple posts and just to confirm this again will the worlds i already have be fixed or will i have to make a new world?
[DOUBLEPOST=1451910784][/DOUBLEPOST]sorry just seen your first couple posts and just to confirm this again will the worlds i already have be fixed or will i have to make a new world?
[DOUBLEPOST=1451910869][/DOUBLEPOST]sorry i didn't mean to post it 3 times
Id love to see larger worlds to i got a huge sd card with lots of space id love to have larger world options
And maybe a faster save time

The dungeon is kind of buggy. Sometimes I'll find Demon Alters or furniture in the wall on a new world. One time I also found part of the dungeon outside the actual structure, as in the wall was sticking out and a locked gold chest was there too.

it seems certain recipes aren't in this version yet like mobile and console, its lickly that we well sooner then later get thoes in a later update.
Ahhh, thank you. I assumed since fishing was in there that all the corresponding craftables would be too.

Id love to see larger worlds to i got a huge sd card with lots of space id love to have larger world options
And maybe a faster save time
The worlds are loaded into the ram so because the new 3ds has double the amount of ram so in theory we could almost double the size world like 75% bigger, the reason i think it cant actually be doubled is the fact that the new 3ds is a quad core and all other versions are dual core all versions run at the same speed so you could say the new 3ds is double the speed because its double the core's but in reality its more like 75% faster because you cant fully utilize the cores so in my head that adds up to 75% bigger worlds (sorry if it doesnt make sense its because im typing on a ds)
[DOUBLEPOST=1452028080,1452027780][/DOUBLEPOST]
The worlds are loaded into the ram so because the new 3ds has double the amount of ram so in theory we could almost double the size world like 75% bigger, the reason i think it cant actually be doubled is the fact that the new 3ds is a quad core and all other versions are dual core all versions run at the same speed so you could say the new 3ds is double the speed because its double the core's but in reality its more like 75% faster because you cant fully utilize the cores so in my head that adds up to 75% bigger worlds (sorry if it doesnt make sense its because im typing on a ds)
im aware alot of that isn't typed properly but its not impossible to read, also wanted to say that i would love 4 saves instead of 3

First to help out, first and only so far on my temple I found super darts and spicky ball traps, he does drop the pickzaw keep trying ;). If your having problems with getting power cells you could always make them, recipe is like 25 fallen stars, 10 meteorite bars and can't remember the last one.
Ok ill try that

Can I get a few different accounts of the save times you're seeing? For me on New 3DS with a class 10 SD card, the saves are never anymore than a few seconds.

If you're seeing save times in excess of 10 seconds, let me know your set up. What SD card are you using? Which 3ds? How long since you last saved? How long does the save take?

Thanks everyone.

Hey, A little stupid question, but will the patches be on the physical release?
I like the port so much that I must have the physical copy of this game... and I'm just curious. :D
BTW: Thanks Deanzor for your continuing effort to help people with their problems and making this port an ever greater one at that!

Can I get a few different accounts of the save times you're seeing? For me on New 3DS with a class 10 SD card, the saves are never anymore than a few seconds.

If you're seeing save times in excess of 10 seconds, let me know your set up. What SD card are you using? Which 3ds? How long since you last saved? How long does the save take?

Thanks everyone.

I'm having the issue on New 3DS, using a well-known brand 32GB micro SD card (can't remember exactly which brand or class but I can check it out if need be).
The game takes minutes to save almost every time - doesn't seem to make a difference how long you're in the game for, it takes ages regardless of the situation.

If you load the wrong world and instantly save & quit, it will take ages.
If you save the game the moment it prompts you to on the touch screen, it takes ages.
If you save and quit manually, it takes ages.
If you save the game, it will most likely take ages.

I'm surprised you haven't seen or noticed this... what kind of tests have you done? How long have you played in your worlds?

I thought maybe it's because I've got a fairly well built up world but I'm not sure. Maybe it's because I've got 30 or so chests full of stuff? Or maybe it's because I have 2 or 3 worlds saved? Maybe it's because I've completely uncovered the map? Could it be because I have glitched items in my chests, like the Ocram trophy?

I'm certain I can capture it on film, but I'm not sure how to get it off of my phone. I can use a real camera if need be. Of course, only if it's helpful.

I'm having the issue on New 3DS, using a well-known brand 32GB micro SD card (can't remember exactly which brand or class but I can check it out if need be).
The game takes minutes to save almost every time - doesn't seem to make a difference how long you're in the game for, it takes ages regardless of the situation.

If you load the wrong world and instantly save & quit, it will take ages.
If you save the game the moment it prompts you to on the touch screen, it takes ages.
If you save and quit manually, it takes ages.
If you save the game, it will most likely take ages.

I'm surprised you haven't seen or noticed this... what kind of tests have you done? How long have you played in your worlds?

I thought maybe it's because I've got a fairly well built up world but I'm not sure. Maybe it's because I've got 30 or so chests full of stuff? Or maybe it's because I have 2 or 3 worlds saved? Maybe it's because I've completely uncovered the map? Could it be because I have glitched items in my chests, like the Ocram trophy?

I'm certain I can capture it on film, but I'm not sure how to get it off of my phone. I can use a real camera if need be. Of course, only if it's helpful.
No, its not your stuff. I have 2 chests, an inventory full, 7-8 NPCs, one character, one world, and save time is STILL nutso.

Edit: Also, Pre-hardmode, no trophies i can recall (i got eater of worlds but i swear i sold it) and have beat only 2 bosses.

Old 3DS, using the original 2GB SD card it came with. Getting long save times, I haven't yet tested quite how long they average to be, but it feels like 1-3 minutes each time.

Not much of a problem for me though. I've dealt with long save times before. Pokemon Diamond/Pearl? Now that game had long save times!

Thanks everyone.

I'm using a class 10 uhs-1 128GB converted from exFat to Fat32 so the 3ds reads it. I also have max downloads of 300games, always deleted crappier stuff for better.

Game takes anywhere from 1-5mins to save, but guessing cause how loaded my card is.

Edit: using a day1 3DS. Only other time I see a long wait time for is loading my 3d photo app, 2900+ pics/vids.

Last edited:
WOW! I no lie have 2 goblin tinkerers in my world. I found him in the dungeon and freed him. After that I went home and made 2 new rooms. I put him in one of them but because he technically didn't arrive I had to appear in one room.

Hello Deanzor. I have an original 3DS with a Grade 10 8GB SD card inside (with plenty of space left). I decided to do a test after seeing your post and recorded some save times. Of course I could have tested more scenarios but it is rather late here now so I did what I could.

Loaded the world and didn't move my character at all. Just saved the game (but not save and quit):
1st save - 15sec
2nd save - 15sec
3rd save - 14sec

Afterwards, I took a few steps and jumped around my base for a few seconds each time. Didn't destroy anything or place anything or anything else. The results were quite surprising:
1st save - 2min 44sec
2nd save - 14 sec
3rd save - 1min 17sec
4th save - 14sec
5th save - 1min 14

I would then run around and kill enemies and cut grass for a minute or two at a time:
1st save - 14sec
2nd save - 15sec
3rd save - 21sec

I then decided to cut down every single tree to the east of my base and plant seeds as well. I had the molten hamaxe equipped so some walls were accidentally destroyed as well. This took a few minutes before I saved. The save took 3min 15sec

I then destroyed every tree the west of my base. There was less to destory here since my base is very close to the ocean. Only took a minute before I saved. Save time took 15sec.

Put wood and other bits into some chests. Save took 14sec.

I then continuously mined for 10 minutes. The first save took 25sec. I then mined for another 10 minutes and then died right at the end. Save took 2min 25sec.

After all of the mining, I put all of the blocks and the other loot I had collected into the chests. Save took 3min 22sec.

There must be some trigger somewhere. My kids and I (two new one old DS) played the game to death last week (they still are - ahh the joys of the free time of youth :) ) - and I've never seen a save over 15-20s or so.

Info like the post above mine here is how we will find that trigger - seriously well done!

But yeah, some posts here make it actually look like doing less stuff makes it take longer to load? I'm not sure how that would all work, but there could be something to that.

Thanks everyone.

My save times are super long BUT I am using a class 4 card, so already figured that was the problem and plan to upgrade to a class 10 sometime in the near future.

I was browsing on miiverse and found an interesting screenshot....

WVW69iwPMdsdRws3KL.jpg

That is quite an op/game breaking bug/item... which I happen to want very badly....

EDIT: link to origional post: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkyOU5hMg

Thanks everyone.

Hey! I have a Black New 3DS XL with a micro 32 GB SD card (if I am remembering correctly on the size) with WELL over 3/4th of it still free. Usually if I haven't played for long the save time is 30 seconds. It was shorter when I didn't have as much time on a world but with the more stuff that happens and the more I obtain and build it can go upwards of a minute. The most I've ever had was 2-3 minutes. I myself am not complaining as much on the save time as I enjoy this game quite a bit and I have enough patience :D... well, except when I accidentally click X on my sword and throw it away leaving me without any good swords... RIP XD

Seriously though, X withdraws items from chests when inside of a chest but then deletes items in the inventory. I feel like that needs changed.

Sorry to go off topic :p Hope I helped!

With the save times goes about maby 10-30 sec, and I have the N3ds
I was browsing on miiverse and found an interesting screenshot....

View attachment 91561

That is quite an op/game breaking bug/item... which I happen to want very badly....

EDIT: link to origional post: https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYMHAAACAAADVHkyOU5hMg
very interesting bug that is, what is sounds like to the finder is that he opened a chest and saw the item to just see the chest close on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom