3DS 3DS KNOWN ISSUES

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not about Nintendo as much as it is about the customers. The New 3DS has already been released. People just don't want/need to get an entirely new system for just a few things.

It's not about Nintendo as much as it is about the customers. The New 3DS has already been released. People just don't want/need to get an entirely new system for just a few things.
That's because Nintendo hasn't made a big enough push for the system. Wish there were more titles for it. In AU all we have is Xenoblade Chronicles 3D (with many other games being benefitted with its new controls, which is appreciated).

for the Valentine ring that you can get from the merchant the tool tip says VALENTINETOOLTIP[630] in stead of give it to someone special!!
[doublepost=1460878089,1460877920][/doublepost]
val.jpg

this is the image i took using miiverse

But there is always going to be a guy with the Regular 3ds who can't get bigger worlds. What I meant was when the Regular 3ds is unable update but the New 3ds can the bigger worlds is a possiblity.

But there is always going to be a guy with the Regular 3ds who can't get bigger worlds. What I meant was when the Regular 3ds is unable update but the New 3ds can the bigger worlds is a possiblity.

This is the case on mobile, but I very much doubt Nintendo would allow this when the base game is for standard 3DS and not New 3DS exclusive. I don't even think it is possible as the game has a single ID on the e-shop. But I don't know for sure.

This is the case on mobile, but I very much doubt Nintendo would allow this when the base game is for standard 3DS and not New 3DS exclusive. I don't even think it is possible as the game has a single ID on the e-shop. But I don't know for sure.

As you say, this is the same case as with mobile. They don't stop utilizing the game for newer phones even though most people are on older models, why should 3DS be any different? If anything it entices more people to buy as New 3DS players are looking for games with enhanced features.

And just as an example check out Retro City Rampage. Perfectly playable on old 3DS, but has an update available for New 3DS players that enables new features. If Vblank can do it ...

That's because Nintendo hasn't made a big enough push for the system. Wish there were more titles for it. In AU all we have is Xenoblade Chronicles 3D (with many other games being benefitted with its new controls, which is appreciated).
Also, Binding of Isaac Rebirth and every single Super NES VC release

As you say, this is the same case as with mobile. They don't stop utilizing the game for newer phones even though most people are on older models, why should 3DS be any different? If anything it entices more people to buy as New 3DS players are looking for games with enhanced features.

And just as an example check out Retro City Rampage. Perfectly playable on old 3DS, but has an update available for New 3DS players that enables new features. If Vblank can do it ...

Ah ok, I didn't know about this. But the devs probably planned for specific New 3DS features in that case. I don't know if they can be bothered for Terraria. It makes sense for mobile as this is a platform that's always going forward, however I'm not sure the new 3DS sold enough to justify it. And unlike mobile, it will die eventually rather than constantly upgrading so I don't think it's worth the effort. Don't get me wrong though, I'd love to have bigger worlds and exclusive features as well as I do own a new 3DS, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Ah ok, I didn't know about this. But the devs probably planned for specific New 3DS features in that case. I don't know if they can be bothered for Terraria. It makes sense for mobile as this is a platform that's always going forward, however I'm not sure the new 3DS sold enough to justify it. And unlike mobile, it will die eventually rather than constantly upgrading so I don't think it's worth the effort. Don't get me wrong though, I'd love to have bigger worlds and exclusive features as well as I do own a new 3DS, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

You're right, they just can't be bothered.

@Deanzor Seems like the floodgate has crashed and questions are pouring in, some of which I'm thinking will be answered when the time comes. Not me though. See? Not every post addressed to you is a contribution to this madness. I will be patient. Here's an image of a fish to add some serenity should you happen to need it.
psXLMrK.png

Cheers.

@Deanzor from what country are you developing the game?

I'm in the UK, but our excellent developers are in the Netherlands.

@Deanzor How about the game running on standard 3ds models, does it still have the intense lag with player-placed walls?

Tell me more about this, please?

tfw no update still
ok

The fixes we're trying out for the dungeon are pretty complicated. They make the dungeons larger, and code changes which impact the inital worldgen are risky and need a lot of testing. I will know more later today.

@Deanzor Just out of curiosity, do you know if we're getting bigger worlds with the upcoming patch?

This patch won't contain those, sorry.

for the Valentine ring that you can get from the merchant the tool tip says VALENTINETOOLTIP[630] in stead of give it to someone special!!

That is fixed in the patch.

Oh, and @Master Yuso - thanks for the fish picture. I find your fish picture distribution to be on point.

My goodness! AU doesn't have the Binding of Isaac, plus I mean titles that are new. So yeah, just... Xenoblade Chronicles.
Oh, you dont get Binding of Isaac in Australia?

@Deanzor Seems like the floodgate has crashed and questions are pouring in, some of which I'm thinking will be answered when the time comes. Not me though. See? Not every post addressed to you is a contribution to this madness. I will be patient. Here's an image of a fish to add some serenity should you happen to need it.
psXLMrK.png

Cheers.
photo-thumb-92.png
Krebs likes your fish. A bit too much, maybe...

The Standard 3DS models (Not New) seem to take an intense toll on the performance when the player stands in front of artificial walls (Wood, Bought Grass Walls, Glass, etc.) The game runs perfectly fine when the player walks out from in front of the walls. This does not seem to happen much with world-generated walls where enemies can spawn (I had to use fences to take out some of the lag from my home)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom