3DS 3DS KNOWN ISSUES

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have played the game for ten hours and the only odd thing ive noticed is when switching biomes the BGM will stop for 2 seconds. Is that normal or could it be a error, it happens frequently

I had an unbelievable issue. When I turned off my ds because terraria crashed I came back in and my character was deleted! My world's were saved though

I have played the game for ten hours and the only odd thing ive noticed is when switching biomes the BGM will stop for 2 seconds. Is that normal or could it be a error, it happens frequently

Yep. Had the same problem when I played multiplayer with somebody and they terminated the session while I was still saving. Character got deleted, my worlds were still there. Wouldn't it be awesome if Terraria supported the 3DS' integrated savegame backup feature?

Yep. Had the same problem when I played multiplayer with somebody and they terminated the session while I was still saving. Character got deleted, my worlds were still there. Wouldn't it be awesome if Terraria supported the 3DS' integrated savegame backup feature?
Yup, Almost every 3DS game utilizes this system, so backup would help alot!

Been reading this forum for a few months now and love the port to the 3ds.

I wanted to chime in and see if anyone else is playing on a 2ds? My kids and I picked up 4 refurbished 2ds' and 4 copies of the game and have been playing it almost nonstop for last few weeks. IMO it runs just fine on a 2ds. We are well into hardmode and only occasional crashes have happened which will probably be fixed in this upcoming patch.

I wish there was a button on the "grid screen" to go directly to crafting without having to back up and go through the backpack menu. Also it would be so amazing if I could use the d-pad for quick items like the PS4 version.

Thanks for the great version. I've been playing it on PC since the beginning and own it for 360, PS4 and mobile -- but its the 3ds version that has grabbed me the most. The stylus & 2-screens are gamechangers.

Looking forward to the update!

I'm not familiar with this automatic backup system - @Deanzor ?

I think calling it "automatic" might be a little too optimistic. You have to manually create a backup using this 3DS feature, but it works with most Nintendo games on there. Once created, you can restore said backup at anytime. Lookie here: http://en-americas-support.nintendo.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/51/~/how-to-restore-save-data

Of course I have no idea how easy (or at all possible) it is to get this feature to work with non-Nintendo titles. It would be awesome if Terraria could somehow use it, because losing one's characters and progress can be very painful, especially after putting lots and lots of time into the game.

Theres a glitch if yo place a rope next to a 1 tile wide wall yo can go through it. While hanging on the rope you can mine something on the other side and the character will switch positions facing the wall and it will let you walk through it..

Theres a glitch if yo place a rope next to a 1 tile wide wall yo can go through it. While hanging on the rope you can mine something on the other side and the character will switch positions facing the wall and it will let you walk through it..
Odd... @Deanzor we have a problem (obvious reference)

I am not sure if this is a bug or not but my biomes don't always get recognised, the background and the music are the ones in forest biome most of times, I walk a little bit and for like 5 blocks it goes back to current biome, then back to forest.. It's hard to farm the Key Molds. (Especially at night the background is mostly forest...)

T27gZ7e.jpg

I can provide more screenshots if needed.
Note: This is a world generated Snow Biome. (I didn't make or edit it in any ways, I think I only removed the snow walls bellow the blocks but it shouldn't really matter)

I am not sure if this is a bug or not but my biomes don't always get recognised, the background and the music are the ones in forest biome most of times, I walk a little bit and for like 5 blocks it goes back to current biome, then back to forest.. It's hard to farm the Key Molds. (Especially at night the background is mostly forest...)

T27gZ7e.jpg

Note: This is a world generated Snow Biome. (I didn't make or edit it in any ways, I think I only removed the snow walls bellow the blocks but it shouldn't really matter)
From the test I've done the problem is awfully lighting. If half the screen doesn't have that biome block and sometimes no torch, the biome won't register. I have made an artificial snow biome and gotten 2 ice key molds.

im having trouble making a artificial mushroom biome any ideas anyone?
[doublepost=1461641314,1461641226][/doublepost]oh and is there a reason meter heads dont spawn at all? or os that like a biome thing two?

If you report using their bug reporting form, that info goes directly into their system.

I'm not familiar with this automatic backup system - @Deanzor ?
Most people overlook how easy it is to access this too. But yeah, this feature has saved me from heartbreak with other games. If implemented for the game, this would be good, but at the same time, could potentially cause problems with future patches I imagine.

07MHBou.jpg
Hg2O1mE.jpg

@Deanzor Are the flippers in the game yet??????

They sure are.

(There should be a JIRA for terraria, it would help with bug reportiing a bunch)

There is a JIRA in fact, but it's used by myself and the devs. It's not public facing.

so if the beetle armor is present in the game, how to acquire it?

I'm investigating this, was news to me that it wasn't appearing.

Most people overlook how easy it is to access this too. But yeah, this feature has saved me from heartbreak with other games. If implemented for the game, this would be good, but at the same time, could potentially cause problems with future patches I imagine.

07MHBou.jpg
Hg2O1mE.jpg

My understanding of this system is that it's built into the OS. It's only applicable for digital versions of the game, and it's performed manually by the user. The game doesn't do it automatically for you. Are you saying you've tried this with the digital version and it DOESN'T work?

T27gZ7e.jpg

The issues with biome recognition are fixed in the update. You're right that it's related to lighting, where we have to have a much less sophisticated system than on PC owing to the limitations of the hardware.

Never heard of this, thanks for the info. Does it break anything bad in your experience, or just a harmless glitch?

My understanding of this system is that it's built into the OS. It's only applicable for digital versions of the game, and it's performed manually by the user. The game doesn't do it automatically for you. Are you saying you've tried this with the digital version and it DOESN'T work?

Nobody ever claimed it was automatic. Still, with Terraria's tendency to delete characters and progress, it'd be great if manual backups were supported. But that does not work right now. Tried it with the digital version and the feature only says that it's not supported by this game.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom