3DS 3DS KNOWN ISSUES

Status
Not open for further replies.
World gen is fixed but buggy and when a solar eclipse happens I deeply recommend you save every 5 minutes because the game can crash at any time and I agree some things are going crazy with this new update I understand how much the developers are working but there's just too many problems
at least they fixed the bug that crashed the 3ds if you put it in sleep mode. hated that.

My game has seemed to crash on a new gen world in 1.03 but I cannot confirm it is crashing on my 1.02 world. It's crashed twice now and I'm using the new 3ds xl.
Works Gen seems just fine to me, my game crashes for reasons of unknown.
[doublepost=1466399006,1466398567][/doublepost]I don't know if anyone knows this but, when you sell an item to an NPC you can rebuy it in a different world.
Really odd...

Was the drop rate on the slime staff buffed? I've gotten 3 in the last few days not even trying. 0.0
I don't know but we might be lucky because the item drops for the moon are super rare i think by everyone not getting barely anything but I got 3 chain guns in a row from Santa ;)

I dont seem to ever be getting any teleporting elementals at all to spawn. I really want to farm the rod of discord but only illuminat bat/slimes spawn in.
Anything I'm doing wrong?

I dont seem to ever be getting any teleporting elementals at all to spawn. I really want to farm the rod of discord but only illuminat bat/slimes spawn in.
Anything I'm doing wrong?

Chaos Elementals only spawn in a "normal" underground biome with hallowed spawn pad for some reason. Try deactivating the underground hallow by removing some of the hallowed blocks but not ones that form the spawn pad of your farm. I think this is a bug.

Broken pixels in bottom screen, randomly appeared.
Sloped platforms doesn't exist.
(Idk if RNG/Luck but) Materials for wings in post hardmode, like Harpy Wings, are hard to get.

World gen is fixed but buggy and when a solar eclipse happens I deeply recommend you save every 5 minutes because the game can crash at any time and I agree some things are going crazy with this new update I understand how much the developers are working but there's just too many problems
I've had one solar eclipse and didn't even have a frame rate drop. The only time I have ever thought the game would crash this update was fishing in a mushroom biome and really was terrified about. The frame rate I'm guessing was somewhere below 15 frames per second.

So now that we have frost moon, is there any eta for celestial events or the moon lord? I was just curious what else we can get in the 3ds version.

Has the traveling merchant been appearing for any of you?
He's not available in the 3DS version.
So now that we have frost moon, is there any eta for celestial events or the moon lord? I was just curious what else we can get in the 3ds version.
It's been stated that there are high doubts such content could make it. There are other console versions that could potentially handle it, but haven't gotten it either.

I am really afraid to continue playing this game. Old3DS
I have 42 hours of gameplay before updating, I updated today to 1.0.3 and played a couple minutes, I was clearing the Crimsom, when I attacked something in water the game crashed. I don't know what enemy it was, because I unlocked hardmode yesterday.
Please, the game was working fine without any updates, now I'm stuck with my savefile at 1.0.3.
By fine I mean that I never had any crashes.
If I want to play it, do I need to keep saving every 5 minutes? I can't enjoy the game like this.
I got pissed off when the game crashed. The game wasn't free you know.
I feel like i threw money away, please state in uppercase letters "EXPERIMENTAL UPDATE", don't release a update that will crash the game of your players.
If you fixed something and broke another one, you didn't do your job.
I hope you understand why I'm angry. Please state that the game is still in beta.
"As we laid out in the beginning, we will only launch a game when we feel it meets our standards as a finished product."
Even if the 3DS version was a port, you guys should have waaaay more testing and debugging before releasing the game.

Last edited:
I just came across a very cheap way to duplicate bones. When one is thrown, it will either drop on the ground, allowing you to collect it, or it will disappear completely. But there is a rare chance that one will instead drop two. It isn't consistent, and trying this will more than likely result in a loss of bones. Although, when paired with a lowered ammo consumption rate (say, with a full set of Titan Armor on), you'll be much less likely to get nothing, and more likely to get two bones per thrown one.

I submitted a bug report without the rage, and another one because I noticed (before crashing), as I don't know if I'll still play the game, the goldfishes weren't stacking. I had 21 goldfishes in a chest (from 1.0.0), used the quickstack (on 1.0.3) and all my goldfishes from my inventory were put into the chest into stacks of 1, and "one stack" of 2. There were 8 golfishes.
-
And my Guide tells me to destroy Shadow Orbs, even though my world generated in 1.0.0 has Crimsom.

Last edited:
Clearly if there were a known and replicated crash bug, the game wouldn't have been submitted much less approved by Nintendo.

Not saying it doesn't exist of course - and any such issues should be squashed - just that noone testing saw it. That said, let's get to the bottom of this :)

Hang in there. Any details that you can give to 505 are valuable!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom