3DS 3DS KNOWN ISSUES

Status
Not open for further replies.
My 3ds xl is fine and never crashed. Yet my friends has crashed and deleted all data 3 times.
Edit:
Just thought of this. Sd cards have different access speeds and some are sdhc so Mabey it's just read write speeds.
I have a 32gb mini SD card in my new 3ds xl, and i barely ever crash so maybe that's why.

I didn't Change the sd...
There was no reason, cause i like to have the physical game...
My Friends 3ds xl got the old one too...

Can you all here tell what 3ds you have, what sd and if you have crash Problems?

Edit: i dont think that the Problem maker, but lets See how it is

I have two questions.1 can u reforege the tsunami bow on 3Ds cause I try to reforge it and it doesn't let me and 2.how do u dash using the master ninja gear cause when I'm playing and I use it.It dashes randomly for me.

let's think... why would this game crash but not many other games on the 3DS? what makes it different? there are many demanding games that have noticeable slowdowns on the 3DS but they do not crash at all.

it shouldn't be memory issues because I have a New 3DS and it crashes frequently.
storage speed/space? I doubt it, I have a pretty good speed 64GB Samsung memory card that's half empty.

things to consider: it can crash while the character is still, doing nothing.
it seems to crash less when we save frequently, but it's also been reported to crash after and even while saving.

hmm.

I'm actually curious.

anyone have anything to add?

Adding to that mystery: said crashes don't happen to everyone with nearly the same frequency. I've had zero (o3ds xl, mostly MP) my kids have had 5 or so (some in SP, some in MP), with no real pattern (I make them tell me what was going on - n3ds xl).

Clearly others here have it WAY worse - finding the pattern and the why is the key to sorting it out.

Terraria is a very complex game when it comes to variables and combos of variables. That's always the core frustrating factor in QA and finding root causes.

I don't know ... You guys had some pretty good ideas.
Is there anyone from the developers here ? seeing all this? Knowing that people still struggle ? XD

Details on update pls?

Supposedly we were supposed to get an announcement for 3DS right after the Console/Mobile 1.3 Announcement...

(Beetle Armor Hype Intensifies)

It Seems the only real difference between o3ds and n3ds in terraria is that on the new it laggs less cause the better Hardware...
It should be absolutly a Software Problem...
They have to find the Problem...
I hate Program Codes xD

I didn't play terraria for a while... Crashes and less to do^^

I'll try multiplayer with a friend next days (holidays) - and I really hope it's Not crashing so Bad that we have to stop... Terraria is open to do all with 2 Players... Great^^

Adding to that mystery: said crashes don't happen to everyone with nearly the same frequency. I've had zero (o3ds xl, mostly MP) my kids have had 5 or so (some in SP, some in MP), with no real pattern (I make them tell me what was going on - n3ds xl).

Clearly others here have it WAY worse - finding the pattern and the why is the key to sorting it out.

Terraria is a very complex game when it comes to variables and combos of variables. That's always the core frustrating factor in QA and finding root causes.

I forgot about that for a minute and that's the weirdest thing ahah, that it doesn't happen to everyone.
it can't be a hardware problem, can it? because, again, this doesn't happen with other games.

maybe it has something to do with character/world creation. but it seems to be random most of the time.
I personally have never been able to replicate a crash, only that glitch I posted a few pages ago.

I forgot about that for a minute and that's the weirdest thing ahah, that it doesn't happen to everyone.
it can't be a hardware problem, can it? because, again, this doesn't happen with other games.

maybe it has something to do with character/world creation. but it seems to be random most of the time.
I personally have never been able to replicate a crash, only that glitch I posted a few pages ago.
I think it's absolutly a Software Problem.
I created about 10 worlds and all of them crashed.
From ~20 min up to 7h the first time, but all of them.

It's confusing...
Sometimes it happens 1-4 per hour and then all few hours...
Some days (5-8h) it's Not crashing, but thats rare^^

And I made 4 chars on 2 Devices and all crashed.

Thats why i asked for more language Details n Stuff...
I just heard of 3-4 Devices in Germany, but everyone (eshop and physical) here got that issue

I think it's absolutly a Software Problem.
I created about 10 worlds and all of them crashed.
From ~20 min up to 7h the first time, but all of them.

It's confusing...
Sometimes it happens 1-4 per hour and then all few hours...
Some days (5-8h) it's Not crashing, but thats rare^^

And I made 4 chars on 2 Devices and all crashed.

Thats why i asked for more language Details n Stuff...
I just heard of 3-4 Devices in Germany, but everyone (eshop and physical) here got that issue

I don't think so, because the issue occurs to people who play the same version with the same language that get the crashes while others don't.

I really wish we could figure this out ahah even if we're not pro devs we can still brainstorm, with some luck someone will figure it out.

I got a nymph banner the first time I killed a nymph...... I thought banners drop when you kill 50 of that mob. Is this a bug or do banners drop randomly and I got extremely lucky?????

I think that the cause of the crashing is from two factors. First is that the game is very, very larger. Larger then most other games. Second is that the console is very worn out from so much other stuff on the 3ds. Are has nothing to do with my theory. Because of these big game being used on the worn out 3ds, the game gives up. The reason it doesn't crash for any other game, is because that other game is smaller.

This theory would explain why some don't get these crashes including the devs. How can you recreate something that is unrecreatable (Is that even a word?). They can't recreate it because there 3ds' only have terraria. No monster hunter. No fire emblem. No smash bros. Just terraria. In other words there 3ds isn't worn out. It might as well be brand new. This theory would explain why it wasn't there when the game came out. The game wasn't as large and as much stuff going on in the background but now there is a lot. In the early days of terraria 3ds, they talked about a tipping point. I fear it may already be here. Think of a 1 quart cup and a surface and the cup is on the surface. Now imagine it being filled with 1 quart of water. Now you should be thinking of a full cup. Now lets go back to the the first image but think of the surface slightly tilted. Once more think of the cup being filled with 1 quart of water. Because the surface is slanted some of the water should have spilled. Why did I tell you this? Now imagine the surface being 3ds, the cup being how much the 3ds can hold, and the water being what terraria is holding. The first time the 3ds held terraria, it could take because the 3ds was perfectly fine. The second time it couldn't because the 3ds wasn't right. If you read this far then I'm sorry I put through all that.

that's an interesting theory but then you have to remember that it still crashes on the New 3DS which basically has double the power and memory of the original one... even if the game is large and the 3DS is worn out, this shouldn't happen.

the game should have no problem running on a system that has double the power and memory than the one it was designed for, right?

I believe it has to be something within the game itself and not related to the hardware

This theory would explain why some don't get these crashes including the devs. How can you recreate something that is unrecreatable (Is that even a word?). They can't recreate it because there 3ds' only have terraria. No monster hunter. No fire emblem. No smash bros. Just terraria. In other words there 3ds isn't worn out. It might as well be brand new. This theory would explain why it wasn't there when the game came out. The game wasn't as large and as much stuff going on in the background but now there is a lot. In the early days of terraria 3ds, they talked about a tipping point. I fear it may already be here. Think of a 1 quart cup and a surface and the cup is on the surface. Now imagine it being filled with 1 quart of water. Now you should be thinking of a full cup. Now lets go back to the the first image but think of the surface slightly tilted. Once more think of the cup being filled with 1 quart of water. Because the surface is slanted some of the water should have spilled. Why did I tell you this? Now imagine the surface being 3ds, the cup being how much the 3ds can hold, and the water being what terraria is holding. The first time the 3ds held terraria, it could take because the 3ds was perfectly fine. The second time it couldn't because the 3ds wasn't right. If you read this far then I'm sorry I put through all that.
If that theory was true(although it does seem like a solid one) the old 3DS's would be the only ones crashing and even at that, smash requires the O3DS's OS to practically reboot and run the minimum for stuff to work. Terraria doesn't do that

It must be very annoying all those crashes you are having in the game ;(

For me it's strange, because I must honestly say that I have had none all along this time. I play with an O3DS normal size (not XL), and physical copy, and I have only found some minor glitches, not important for me. I always save the game before turning off the console; no problems with that

I got a nymph banner the first time I killed a nymph...... I thought banners drop when you kill 50 of that mob. Is this a bug or do banners drop randomly and I got extremely lucky?????
The every 50th kill for banners was introduced in a later version of Terraria. Here, every enemy has a 1/200 chance to drop a banner.

I think that the cause of the crashing is from two factors. First is that the game is very, very larger. Larger then most other games. Second is that the console is very worn out from so much other stuff on the 3ds. Are has nothing to do with my theory. Because of these big game being used on the worn out 3ds, the game gives up. The reason it doesn't crash for any other game, is because that other game is smaller.
Smaller? Not sure about that any of what you wrote here. All of my 3DS games are digital, I actually own no physical 3DS cartridge of any game. Allow me to list down the size of games greater than Terraria. I'll stop listing once I get to Terraria:

System: New Nintendo 3DS XL ; Memory Card: 32gb Class 10
Resident Evil Revelations - 25,793 (3.18gb)
Pokémon Alpha Sapphire - 14,496 (1.77gb)
Super Street Fighter IV - 13,489 (1.65gb)
Super Smash Bros. for 3DS - 9,105 (1.11gb) [Extra Data: 202 (25mb)]
Citizens of Earth - 9,036 (1.10gb)
Animal Crossing New Leaf - 6,000 (750mb)
Mario Kart 7 - 5,081 (635mb) [Extra Data: 63 (8mb)]
Resident Evil The Mercenaries - 4,711 (589mb)
Tomodachi Life - 3,146 (395mb)
The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth - 2,682 - (335mb)
Mini Mario & Friends Amiibo Challenge - 2,336 (292mb)
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse - 2,312 (289mb)
Might Switch Force - 1,800 (225mb)
Tetris Axis - 1,229 (154mb)
Kirby Fighters Deluxe - 975 (122mb)
VVVVV - 491 (61mb)
3D Classics: Kirby's Adventure 455 (57mb)
Terraria - 442 (55mb) [Extra Data: 364 (45mb)]

And before jumping the gun of the size of the extra data for Terraria, Nintendo Badge Arcade has an extra data entry of 853 blocks (107mb)

So I'm really not thinking it has much to do with the game's size. A lot of the games I play are larger in size and use more system resources (Resident Evil Revelations for example.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom