3DS 3DS KNOWN ISSUES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some items take longer than usual to craft stacks (Asphalt takes longer to craft 999 than 999 stone bricks )
It takes about 2 minutes to get to 400 asphalt bricks and under 30 seconds for 400 stone bricks or other blocks

Oh what a day, a troll from terraria (its a bug), so just beaten orcram, then it dropped its trophy yah, so I'm putting up all boss trophys, when I did it disapeared, so I dicided to mine where I put the trophy and what I Got was a painting called (impact) so becarefull placing trophys (what works correctly is eye of chutulu, skeleton and plantera at the moment)

That's just happened to me more-or-less.
I beat Ocram, he dropped trophy, I pick it up, re-arrange my trophy room then it's just gone. This isn't a result of the silly delete button either, it legit disappeared. Only mine didn't turn into a painting .

I killed plantera and got "ITEMNAME[5075]" and it has the shape of the zapinator.

EDIT: It has about the same stats as the Zapinator
WVW69ir2QWk52xjtyn

Last edited:
I killed plantera and got "ITEMNAME[5075]" and it has the shape of the zapinator.

EDIT: It has about the same stats as the Zapinator
WVW69ir2QWk52xjtyn
It is the zapinator, apparently they forgot to take it out of the game. Although it isnt supposed to be in game i hope they leave it in because its a nintendo based weapon.

What's the deal with plantera? I've beaten both skeletron prime and the twins, but no "the jungle grows restless" message. Is my game bugged out?

That's just happened to me more-or-less.
I beat Ocram, he dropped trophy, I pick it up, re-arrange my trophy room then it's just gone. This isn't a result of the silly delete button either, it legit disappeared. Only mine didn't turn into a painting .
I mined where I placed the trophy. And instead of a trophy I got a painting.

Is it possible to make a minecart track in this game using lead? Cuz my world doesnt have iron :)
No, unfortunately the mobile versions which this version is mostly from use the old ore in many recipes. the recipe for the suspicious looking skull requires adamantite and will not work with titanium

A few bugs I've seen so far:
  • Fishing makes seems to make no splash sound, which makes it quite a bit more difficult. Other users have mentioned sound being scaled poorly with distance, so it might just be too quiet for me to hear.
  • It seems like butterflies can't be caught with the bug net.
  • Fish being caught in the wrong biomes. I've been catching all of the cave-specific fish on the surface, and no surface-specific fish. This makes questing difficult if not impossible.
  • In the pc version the angler gives you a name + picture + flavor text for the fish he wants. In this one, he just gives the flavor text.
  • Many fish appear to have no use. Were the potions that they were used to create left out?
  • Biomes not being properly detected? It seems like it requires far more blocks than it should to count an area as jungle, or snow. Maybe the detection range for blocks was lowered due to memory constraints, making it too restrictive?
  • Large sections of the dungeon are not being counted as dungeon. It doesn't seem to be related to backgrounds. Again, probably related to block count and detection range.
  • When using quick stack, the animation often shows the items moving into the wrong chests. The items do end up in the correct chests, but the animation is misleading.
Some UI gripes:
  • Lack of quick heal/mana/buff. My suggestion: remove the "drop" button from the main menu, make the quick stack and housing buttons smaller, and put heal/mana/buff buttons there.
  • When interacting with a chest, from the chest tab X button is "take out" but from the inventory tab X button is "delete." I've seen other people accidentally delete stuff due to this. I'd prefer that X is "put item in chest" and not have delete mapped to a button
For those who have had difficulty finding bait: I put some npc houses just under the ground, and watched the mini map for the pulsing white dots. The mini map doesn't distinguish between critters and hostiles, but very slowly moving ones are often worms. It's still an arduous process though. Typically I spread hallow over my base and catch lightning bugs at night, but I haven't opened hard mode yet on 3ds so I don't know if lightning bugs spawn and are catchable in this version.

one thing i've noticed on 3DS so far, destroying the goblin sorcerer's shadow projectile instead of magic particle effects, explode into goblin giblets. with no event meter i cant tell if its counting the shadow spell destructions as kills or not, if not its just a hillarious cosmetic issue.

i have also noticed hardmode enemies in glowing mushroom biomes as well, just those specific to those biomes atleast.

one thing i've noticed on 3DS so far, destroying the goblin sorcerer's shadow projectile instead of magic particle effects, explode into goblin giblets. with no event meter i cant tell if its counting the shadow spell destructions as kills or not, if not its just a hillarious cosmetic issue.

i have also noticed hardmode enemies in glowing mushroom biomes as well, just those specific to those biomes atleast.
if a choas ball gets destroyed or hits you does that goblin death image (looks like you puking goblins sometimes:p) and actually counts as a kill in the event. It's a strange but needed fix of a bug.

I have a feature request: Could you add an option to select the game language from in the game instead of changing the 3DS system language?
I would like to have my 3DS set to german, but still play Terraria in english.
First of all I'm used to play the game in english and second the german translation is a little bit... meh... in my opinion..

But anyway, thanks for the 3DS port :)

This isn't really a bug, but more of a suggestion after having some experience playing the game... A friend came up with the idea!

Why don't you guys move the "X" control function, in the inventory, from deleting an item to something else?
I find the action way too impactfull by the press of a simple button, instead, why don't you make it a tap button like the "putting an item in a chest" button.
Hell, maybe even swap to two! Because fastly storing or dropping items with X would be way more handy!
I just destroyed way too many items by accidently pressing x than I'm comfortable with.

I would really like this! I have deleted many items because of the x button and having it changed would be nice!

Also, I just discovered something I think is rather important.

Solar Eclipses seem to be bugged. The first few times I had one, I noticed that I was getting hardly any enemies, which was annoying because of how rare the eclipses are, but this most recent time, I looked on the map during the event and noticed that most of the enemies seem to just disappear the moment after they spawn, before they arrive on screen. This is why there's hardly any enemies during the Eclipses. After a little more testing, I can confirm the enemies aren't behaving this way during regular times, it's only doing this on Solar Eclipses. I really hope this can get fixed, I've had about 4 or 5 Solar Eclipses at this point, and I still haven't gotten a single Broken Hero Sword due to the low spawn rates.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom