3DS 3DS KNOWN ISSUES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well this really isn't a big deal but I haven't seen anyone else report it so I may as well put this out there.
The clothier does not sell the Old Walking Stick. Since the other Worms themed content is found in-game I assume it's intended to be there. He does not sell it during they day (like he's supposed to) or night in hardmode or normal mode. I've even checked during events like the Blood Moon etc.

Yeah, I did notice none of the NPCs sell their Mobile exclusive items like they're supposed to, even after changing the date around to see other holiday times. I hope this gets fixed soon, I really like the Valentine's Day items.

about flippers
I created about 80 worlds and run directly to ocean cheats and find none
so its like at least 160 cheats opened and found no flipper
need confirmation on if the flipper is even in the 3ds version
……and also is frost moon even in 3ds version?

I killed plantera and got "ITEMNAME[5075]" and it has the shape of the zapinator.

EDIT: It has about the same stats as the Zapinator
WVW69ir2QWk52xjtyn

It is supposed to be back in, it's just not supposed to have a borked name :(

It'll be fixed in the update. Kinda ruined that surprise, didn't it :(

I also got the Zappinator as a drop from Plantera, that was a very pleasant surprise!
It just came naturally since Plantera Bulbs seem so common.
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAAAEVHhoeQC6Qw
https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAACXVHhokJThYg

I've also been noticing quite a number of bugs, I'm gonna report the ones I can recall right now.
I can see that a few of these have already been acknowledged or reported in this thread already though.
  1. There's a silly title screen bug where your character will move around in a grapple pose, if you save and quit whilst grappled:
    https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAACNUKFMbNDl-Q
  2. Occasional map areas can cause the screen to very briefly "flash", with UI elements disappearing and the touch screen turning black:
    https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAACNUKFMa0DFjw
    I captured this one on video.
  3. The same also appears to occur when I use a Flower Pow, such as completely horizontally so it reaches near the edge of the screen.
  4. Spears are prone to glitched animations where they fly out of the player's hands. It can happen at random when using it for reasons I don't understand, but you can also replicate it at will by switching to another item on the hotbar whilst still holding the attack button:
    https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAACNUKFMRTYODw
  5. I once had two Queen Bees spawn simultaneously, I don't know if I accidentally happened to destroy two Larva at once or not, or if this supposed to be allowed:
    https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAACNUKFMO6EGtg
  6. I have also had a Queen Bee, and many other enemies despawn because they move out of the map. This was especially irritating when I had a Queen Bee Hive generated at the west edge of the map. (When Duke Fishron is fixed, I can see this being a real problem.)
  7. For some reason, the recipe for the Monarch Butterfly Jar is listed 9 times. 8 times it specifies the Monarch Butterfly, then the Empty Bottle. The other time is an Empty Bottle, then the Monarch Butterfly.
  8. Decorative accessories awarded by the Fisherman, such as the Life Preserver or the Goldfish Trophy fail to display at all. They will be invisible when placed, and when removed with a pickaxe cannot be reclaimed.
  9. The map can be prone to generating Plantera bulbs on the outskirts of the jungle. This can result in summoning a Plantera boss that instantly enters the berserker mode due to not quite being in the underground jungle. Similarly, Lihzahrd temples spawn low enough that you'll discover Hellforges in them.
  10. Fishing rods seem glitched in a couple ways, bait lacks any fishing power description and a fishing rod always displays a 1% fishing power rate. That aside, when fishing it seems like fish get off the hook way too often, I believe this is only meant to be a 1/7 odds when you aren't equipped with a high test fishing line?
Aside from that, there's the odd questionable design choice or limitation I feel is worth noting.
  • Underground mushroom biome enemies will spawn pre-hard mode. These hard mode enemies are too dangerous for this part of the game.
  • It feels like the quantities of Chlorophyte Ore might be a bit too limited? Like the game doesn't quite "grow" it fast enough.
  • Also had a hard time discovering a Nature's Gift in the Jungle, I actually found two Plumber's Hats and a Robot Hat before I got one.
  • Item descriptions and pickup text is exactly the same as the PC version, fondness for the recognisable font aside, all text really aught to be drawn a bit smaller and crisper to avoid any kind of scrolling text or obscuring the screen. It's especially annoying with weapon and accessory modifiers.
  • There does not appear to be a way to remove buffs, even when viewing the buff list. This means you can't turn off pets when you might really need to. Werewolves for example can kill bugs which you need as bait.
  • Slight peeve of mine is that X's functionality in inventory screens is pretty inconsistent, like when looting chests, or wanting to put stuff into chests. This has lead to me accidentally trashing valuables because X will either remove items from a chest, or move items into trash.
  • Soul drop rates might be kinda slow compared to the PC version?
  • Certain kinds of enemies seem very prone to spawning other overs, for example in the Hallowed Underground I notice far more Illuminant Bats than anything, and very few Chaos Elementals.
Just felt it was important to give this sort of feedback, so far I've been really enjoying the 3DS version of Terraria and am glad that it exists.
Really looking forward to the prospect of further 1.3 content being launched, and various fixes and improvements (especially larger map sizes for N3DS users).
I also hope we get to keep the Zappinator, it feels like making it a Plantera drop on a Nintendo console is deliberate, it's probably meant to be rare and this late in the game, possibly not as overpowered as it once was. (Back in the day, Skeletron was a serious threat after all.)

This is a great post, thank you.

I've got a few problems getting NPCs. I've been trying to get the Dye Trader for the 3DS Edition and get some dye colors, it didn't get me a Yellow Marigold or any items that makes dye. Please add some missing features as possible. Thanks.

Dyes are not currently possible on 3DS.

5th seems where on a roll here, mostly why it crashes is because there is no blocks/data for when you press a, basically their is nothing added in when you do so the game crashes unable to do anything of what you did. To fix it they need to add it like if you actually died and leave a normal tombstone, would be cool to say "player died by ---- with a killer worm":p

This tombstone issue is now fixed, thanks for all your help. Will update on patch timing soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to see all these different problems getting addressed! Gonna be happy to see all these things be fixed!

And, on the matter of dyes, I thought of something. Certain debuffs(Ichor, and Poison, to name a few) do cause the player sprite to change color slightly. Not sure how this is programmed, but it does look like if a similar coloring effect to this could be used, it might be possible to figure out a way to make dyes work. It's pretty likely this doesn't work in quite the way that I'm thinking, but just sort of a showerthought I had.

i was reading something that said you might add a new sized world for the new 3ds if people show interest so im showing my interest:) also wondering how many things have been fixed?
[DOUBLEPOST=1451910699,1451910398][/DOUBLEPOST]sorry just seen your first couple posts and just to confirm this again will the worlds i already have be fixed or will i have to make a new world?
[DOUBLEPOST=1451910718][/DOUBLEPOST]sorry just seen your first couple posts and just to confirm this again will the worlds i already have be fixed or will i have to make a new world?
[DOUBLEPOST=1451910784][/DOUBLEPOST]sorry just seen your first couple posts and just to confirm this again will the worlds i already have be fixed or will i have to make a new world?
[DOUBLEPOST=1451910869][/DOUBLEPOST]sorry i didn't mean to post it 3 times

i was reading something that said you might add a new sized world for the new 3ds if people show interest so im showing my interest:) also wondering how many things have been fixed?
[DOUBLEPOST=1451910699,1451910398][/DOUBLEPOST]sorry just seen your first couple posts and just to confirm this again will the worlds i already have be fixed or will i have to make a new world?
[DOUBLEPOST=1451910718][/DOUBLEPOST]sorry just seen your first couple posts and just to confirm this again will the worlds i already have be fixed or will i have to make a new world?
[DOUBLEPOST=1451910784][/DOUBLEPOST]sorry just seen your first couple posts and just to confirm this again will the worlds i already have be fixed or will i have to make a new world?
[DOUBLEPOST=1451910869][/DOUBLEPOST]sorry i didn't mean to post it 3 times

Will update the original posts with answers to these.

Is it normal for golems lasers to deal so much damage? Im using full chlorophyte armour and the reapers scyth and when the lasers start 3-4 hits kill quick like the fist do

Is it normal for golems lasers to deal so much damage? Im using full chlorophyte armour and the reapers scyth and when the lasers start 3-4 hits kill quick like the fist do
yes
[DOUBLEPOST=1451939449,1451939320][/DOUBLEPOST]
try locking on his hands ad break them. After that kill head and the body. I sugest using spectre armor and magnet sphere. Don't forget to never stop moving

From what I see on the wiki, Golem laser shots should only be doing ~56 damage before defense. Even in mage Chlorophyte Armor, you should only be taking around ~36 damage per shot from the lasers, which would take around 13-14 hits to kill you from full health.

From what I see on the wiki, Golem laser shots should only be doing ~56 damage before defense. Even in mage Chlorophyte Armor, you should only be taking around ~36 damage per shot from the lasers, which would take around 13-14 hits to kill you from full health.
maybe it's not just the lasers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom