3DS 3DS KNOWN ISSUES

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to know this too. This is quite clearly a port of the mobile version - and as I said pre-release - it should be priced accordingly (closer to £5)
I correctly predicted that it would be much more expensive, and it is.

I also predict that we'll not be getting any optimisation for New 3DS (other than what we already have)

We'll never get bigger world sizes or online.

Why is it that the worst version of Terraria is the most expensive? What gives?

They don't have much control over what the price is. They wanted to make it cheaper, but they couldn't.

Mann! You just dissed a very well done version of Terraria. Since this game has been released a bunch of new bugs have been fixed. You completely doubt that we'll get online even though they haven't said anything solid about both world size/online play.

Yes, Deanzor has said, multiple times, we still are likely to get online multiplayer. The game just needs to be stabilized better first. Of course they're going to run it through the playerbase before adding it. Getting online play before solid bugfixes would be a terrible idea. It'd be even worse than it is now. If you're just patient, things will work out well, and the game will have less problems. Remember, the creators know what's best, whether you think so or not. Don't mistake technical difficulties for incompetence, that's a very big mistake that I see too many people make.

BUG: Signs have a limited ammount of letters you can write (15?). Then when you see Tombstones, they display many more letters than you can type. Then if you want to re-write the text you only can write (15?) letters.

I'd like to know this too. This is quite clearly a port of the mobile version - and as I said pre-release - it should be priced accordingly (closer to £5)
I correctly predicted that it would be much more expensive, and it is.

I also predict that we'll not be getting any optimisation for New 3DS (other than what we already have)

We'll never get bigger world sizes or online.

Why is it that the worst version of Terraria is the most expensive? What gives?
This is clearly not the WORST version in my opinion, because the controls are a major improvement over the mobile ones, almost like console controls but more fine tuned, not to mention since it is technically based on the mobile version you get 99% of mobile content which has more content then the Console version of the game. Other then the bugs this version is a great improvement over the mobile version, and as a person had stated, it wasn't 505's choice to make it 20 dollars. This version of the game is an upgrade to the mobile version with better controls, and will likely include exclusive items based on nintendo franchises and other Nintendo objects. Such as the Zappinator which is based off the nintendo Zapper from the NES. I understand though that it is your opinion whether this is the worst version or not, i merely wanted to clarify a few things.

Correct, I am doubtful we'll get online multiplayer or world sizes.

This is clearly not the WORST version in my opinion, because the controls are a major improvement over the mobile ones, almost like console controls but more fine tuned, not to mention since it is technically based on the mobile version you get 99% of mobile content which has more content then the Console version of the game. Other then the bugs this version is a great improvement over the mobile version, and as a person had stated, it wasn't 505's choice to make it 20 dollars. This version of the game is an upgrade to the mobile version with better controls, and will likely include exclusive items based on nintendo franchises and other Nintendo objects. Such as the Zappinator which is based off the nintendo Zapper from the NES. I understand though that it is your opinion whether this is the worst version or not, i merely wanted to clarify a few things.

I'm not saying the game is without merit, it's awesome, but that doesn't change the fact that it's in need of some serious work. Granted. The 3DS version is better than iOS by default as a 3DS has buttons to press. It's a port of the worst version then, only with more bugs...

You're saying 505 had no word in the pricing of their game? Who's choice was it then?

You could buy both the PC and the iOS verion and it would still work out cheaper than the 3DS version. I'm curious - why is the price so much higher?

and don't say it's because of the exclusive Nintendo themed items... the ones we've seen so far were already made - and are certainly not worth the inflated price. And as much as I love the 3DS' build mode, I don't think that justifies the price either.

If you're going to charge full price, at least give us the full game (world sizes, online, expert mode and some control options.) :)

Correct, I am doubtful we'll get online multiplayer or world sizes.
*snip* :)
From the way it seems to be is that Nintendo is in charge of the pricing of games on their estore but i could be completely wrong with that. and you do somewhat have a point. no offence to the developers but right now till they fix all the little problems, the lack of larger worlds and multiplayer, we're paying for the nintendo/terraria equivelent of steam early access. thats just an opinion though and it will likely be fixed at least sort of by the end of the month, hopefully completely in the next couple months. because if i had to be honest i would rather things went smoothly when they first released the game that way console, mobile, and 3ds could have 1.3 sooner.

Edit: Also apologies to the mods, this will be my last message mentioning anything other then bugs and other things in this thread, i understand that this is a thread about reporting bugs to get them fixed.

You're saying 505 had no word in the pricing of their game? Who's choice was it then?
The console manufacturers (Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft) have a very large say in the pricing of the games their systems run, and take a significant portion of the price for themselves. They compete among themselves and generally set the pricing structure.

The console manufacturers (Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft) have a very large say in the pricing of the games their systems run, and take a significant portion of the price for themselves. They compete among themselves and generally set the pricing structure.
Listen to this guy.

I can confirm that one of my worlds has 2 Goblin Tinkerers. I wonder if this will change with the patch or if I'd be perpetually with two of them. (I have them in a duplex above each other so it seems like twins)

I can confirm that one of my worlds has 2 Goblin Tinkerers. I wonder if this will change with the patch or if I'd be perpetually with two of them. (I have them in a duplex above each other so it seems like twins)
Same happened to me but the problem is pretty easy to understand. Also I can confirm the bone key from dungeon guardian. The weird thing is, is that he only spawned when I was close to a light system. Every time I'd try to spawn him I had to hold a torch.

As stated in the main page, I´ve had overcome some issues as dupe villagers, or items dissapearing.... I find it annoying...but I hope it gets fixed. :)
also, bosses dissapear sometimes...I don´t know if it´s a timing schedule or a bug...Skeletron & Eye of Cthulu only work at night, recall...Why do they dissapear sometimes?

Is the date for the update and Duke already scheluded? January ending, right? :naughty:

As stated in the main page, I´ve had overcome some issues as dupe villagers, or items dissapearing.... I find it annoying...but I hope it gets fixed. :)
also, bosses dissapear sometimes...I don´t know if it´s a timing schedule or a bug...Skeletron & Eye of Cthulu only work at night, recall...Why do they dissapear sometimes?

Is the date for the update and Duke already scheluded? January ending, right? :naughty:
With the bosses are you to far away or are you to high? It's still unkown when they will release the bug fix update. it seems like we will get it at the end of this week, month, or early next month.
[DOUBLEPOST=1453318156,1453317843][/DOUBLEPOST]some great news:happy:
PATCH UPDATE: 14/1/2016

Hello all,

I'm pleased to say we have a patch in with Nintendo for certification now. I am waiting on them getting back to me with a projected 'go live' date (assuming they approve it first time and we require no additional work), so please be patient and I will announce a date once I have it.

As for what is fixed - if you hadn't already cracked the code - everything marked with a tick in the post above is confirmed fixed. There are a few fixes for issues we discovered ourselves as well, but I thought you'd be most interested in the issues you guys reported.

Thanks for your patience, the Duke is near.

Dean
i wonder if its the 2 instead of the 14 month.;)

Yes, Deanzor has said, multiple times, we still are likely to get online multiplayer. The game just needs to be stabilized better first. Of course they're going to run it through the playerbase before adding it. Getting online play before solid bugfixes would be a terrible idea. It'd be even worse than it is now. If you're just patient, things will work out well, and the game will have less problems. Remember, the creators know what's best, whether you think so or not. Don't mistake technical difficulties for incompetence, that's a very big mistake that I see too many people make.

This man speaks wisdom....he may be on to something.

To expand on this a bit:

On Steam (to a degree), PC devs can set their own prices. I say to a degree, because there still is an approval process....but it is FAR more flexible than on console/mobile.

On other platforms, the device manufacturer has a heavy presence in such chats - and they tend to price vs "comparables" from what I can tell. So, your analogy to Terraria on other platforms is wholly invalid in that system - the proper comparison would be more apt if you looked at, say, Minecraft's pricing on a given platform.

Now, let's dive a second into one of my "favorite" topics - pricing of Terraria across platforms comparison. Typically with PC being the "anchor" point. Terraria launched in May 2011 at a $9.99 price point. That version of the game had 43 npcs (friendly & enemy), 234 items, 3 bosses, no Hardmode, etc. Now, we have a game with nearly 550 NPCs, over 3,600 items, more than 10 bosses, additional biomes, all kinds of improved functionality, etc.

Even if you take 1.1 as a more complete version of the game - and trust me, I read plenty of articles and comments back then about how great a value the game was even if it had stopped then - the game has come a LONG way in regards to content and quality over what is now nearly 5 years. All for the same $10....whether you bought it then or now. We haven't done DLC nor messed with that price because we don't want to. Does that leave "product revenue value" on the table? Probably....but that is our call.

Now, understand how flawed comparisons back to that in regards to "fairness" can be. What SHOULD/COULD PC be priced at? Throw that in with the pricing dynamics on other platforms that @Tunnel King referenced, and we honestly do not feel that any version is priced in a way that is unfair or somehow fleecing people. Terraria offers an amazing value - in both quality and quantity - on every platform (with the currently broken mobile platforms admittedly excepted....and I'm hammering daily on this to get it where it needs to be) as evidenced by hours played, reviews, and numerous anecdotal comments across years and years of forum and social media posts.

The logic behind "this game has way more value and fun than most $60 games.....and then to say its overpriced at $20 on 3DS because its underpriced at $10 on PC" - if that makes sense?

Not trying to rant or come down on anyone, just trying to be straight forward with you here. :)

Soon(tm) ;)

Another bit of bugs relating to Minecart Tracks

The Wiki lists the crafting recipe as being Wood and Iron Bars or Wood and Lead Bars, but I come across the recipe finally and it Rich Mahogany Wood and Iron Bars, with no alternative for Lead Bars.

Not complaining about the switch from Wood to Rich Mahogany, as I put a small Jungle Tree farm above my house, but the fact that my world has Lead instead of Iron makes it a bit diffuclt.

Oh, and speaking of things crafted with Iron bars not having their Lead recipe:
Inlet Pumps
Outlet Pumps

These two items don't have a Lead Bar version for crafting. We may wanna look into the recipes of items that are crafted from Iron and ensure their Lead counterparts are able to be crafted for the current or next patch.

Just a small little bug I came across with the Bone Wand. The number it displays on the stock counter is the total number of items you have in your inventory.
(Example: 99 Torches, Night's Edge, Magic Mirror, and 30 Healing Potions will make the Bone Wand read 131.)

Edit: This just happened, not exactly sure how but my Health just reset back 100 (or 5 hearts.) At first I tried taking fall damage, I took 114 and noticed that my hearts were fine. So I took more damage and died, hoping it would fix it but instead I respawned with 5 hearts died taking that 114 fall damage so yeah, health reset. I hadn't done anything out of the ordinary other than sell items from my inventory to some NPCs.

Last edited:
Also I'm not sure If it's a complete bug or not but when crafting MANY items it will lag or something and take forever to create the wanted amount.
Also I'm not 100% sure but I don't think the music box works, and you can place them in your Coin and Ammo slots.
And it would be nice to have an option for turning off the autosaveing it does when I close my 3DS.
Again not sure if but when wearing Dragon armor a Strange white box hovers by you.
And sometime I get multiple recipies for the same item such as For example: I got like 9 recipes for crafting Monarch butterfly in a jat
It would be nice that when you go to delete a world, that you have to type the worlds name in order delete it to lower the chances of mistakenly deleting one of your time consuming and prized worlds that you have everything in.
Not sure if it's a mistake but the Half Armor Debuff last way too long in comparsion to other debuffs
Asside from the 2 minete wait time for saveing, It would be nice to make it easyer to equip vanity; Because first you got to move your armor to vanity then equip the vanity to the armer slot then switch each piece of armor and vanity
Also make use of the X button when not in menu. Maybe short-cut Item for potions.

Hey guys i just got terraria for the 3ds not too long ago and i am already at the golem boss fight and i was wondering if the moon lord is the final boss or is there a 3ds exculsive final boss because i have been very curious sonce i started

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom