3DS 3DS KNOWN ISSUES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello fellow Terrarians!
I would like to report a major bug. From what I can tell Black Recluse Spiders don't drop Spider Fangs.
The spider fangs, armor and staff aren't in this version or any other console version, they should come in later updates as they are in the mobile version.

Alright, I've been playing the 3DS version for a while now, and I have some bugs to report:
-Spawning issues
-Illuminant slimes spawn on the surface
-Giant tortoises and Angry trappers don't spawn underground
-Waterleaf does not spawn in deserts
-Grounded invasion monsters will, mostly, despawn instantly (i.e during pirate invasion, mostly parrots will spawn)
-Not sure if a bug or not, but worlds will spawn with a desert or a snow biome, but they will never be together in the same world
-Meteor heads don't spawn (?)
-Fishing issues
-There is a very small window of opportunity to catch fish
-Quest fish are incredibly rare
-Quest fish do not show up in their correct rarity
-Mechanic doesn't sell her respective fishing rod
-Other issues
-Not really a bug, but the Giant Harpy Feather is spelled as "Giant Harpey Feather"
-Souls of Light and Night can be obtained on the surface, but they are much rarer
-Not sure if they are implemented or not, but the Eye of Cthulhu won't drop crimson grass seeds
-The spread of the Hallow, Corruption and Chlorophyte ore is incredibly slow
-As ridiculous as it sounds, ducks are spontaneously appearing on the ocean surface!
-Some rare items seem to be not as rare, while common items are rare (i.e I have gotten 9 slime staffs in my world so far, but only get 1 lens in a single night)
-When talking to the angler, the image of the respective quest fish or tips on where to catch it will not appear
-Not sure if a bug or not, but the mechanic sells 1, 3 and 5 second timers
-Framerate issues
-Scourge of the Corruptor destroys the frames when spammed
-Flame traps when used with spiky ball traps destroys the frames when hooked up to a 1 second timer
-The final wave of the pumpkin moon destroys the frames, even more so if you used the flame/spiky ball traps to get that far
-The Golem
-The Lihzahrd Altar will never spawn in the center of the main room (mine actually spawned at the entrance of the temple!)
-Sometimes when spawning in the Golem, his fists will attack at the speed and deal damage as if the head was defeated (really fast speed and really high damage)

Edit: Alright i have a bundle of balloons but i see no problems with flight times being cut short. it could just be with the moon shell or maybe some other factors.

Press the B button once. Don't initiate the first double jump. That initial jump is totally crippled. It's like it tries to fly but can't. It has nothing to do with the moon shell because it happened before and after I equipped that item.

According to the wiki that was introduced in 1.2.3 so it is probably not in 3ds. Yet :)

be glad that they work at all the new 3ds is pretty new and so is terraria but it is weirded that it doesn't work after closing it.and does anybody know when they might realease an exlusive for the new 3ds?
Just reporting an issue... This is the place where I can report issues...

Press the B button once. Don't initiate the first double jump. That initial jump is totally crippled. It's like it tries to fly but can't. It has nothing to do with the moon shell because it happened before and after I equipped that item.
The boots are as far as i know... only supposed to work after subsequent Jumps. And no, i just tested it and jumped fine, increased jump height from the balloons effect and no attempting to thrust, maybe its only glitchy on some peoples games, maybe it depends on the console or size of the sd card. I even tested holding the jump button all the way for all jumps and it works perfectly fine for me. Unless i am misunderstanding something.

Edit: Of course... it didn't occur to me that you might actually be talking about with wings. And that of course is my error. appologies, i do not have wings or hardmode yet.

Edit: Of course... it didn't occur to me that you might actually be talking about with wings. And that of course is my error. appologies, i do not have wings or hardmode yet.

Hahaha. No worries. Yeah the problem is specifically with how the balloons/Merfolk buff seem to interact with the jetpack/wings.

I found a few bugs. I have been trying to fish for a Reaver Shark, but when I fish at the ocean and forest, I keep catching fish that you should only catch in caverns. Additionally, I haven't found deserts or snow biomes an any worlds.

About the crashing while playing in multiplayer. I've had this issue more then once, and it was just my brother and I playing.. While there is nothing super useful i can add, i have noticed that the crashing doesn't seem to occur on the new 3ds model, it's only been crashing on my normal XL.

Will the frost moon event be available in the next update?

The initial update is critical bugs only. The next update after that is new content, for which Frost Moon might be a good shout...

Any news or updates on why saving might be taking so long at different times

We're looking into this, but nothing to report yet. So strange that different people get such wildly differing results, but we are investigating.

In multiplayer you cannot edit/write on signs

Yeah, this is deliberate. Nintendo is serious about protecting players, and being able to edit signs in MP games gives you a sort of live chat option that Nintendo wanted to avoid. Bear in mind we may bring in online multiplayer at some point, at which point locking this down would be even more vital.

BUG: Signs have a limited ammount of letters you can write (15?). Then when you see Tombstones, they display many more letters than you can type. Then if you want to re-write the text you only can write (15?) letters.

This is deliberate, we were advised to restrict the characters for edited signs.

I can confirm that one of my worlds has 2 Goblin Tinkerers. I wonder if this will change with the patch or if I'd be perpetually with two of them. (I have them in a duplex above each other so it seems like twins)

Next patch will clear up dupe NPCs.

So I was wondering, what will be fixed in the next update, and when can we be expecting it? My game crashes a lot, and I lose a lot of stuff.

Update will hit, we hope, in about a week. Fixes all the ticked bugs in the first post in this thread, and a few more issues we found ourselves.

Last edited by a moderator:
Will you be fixing the bugs with the flight distance people have been reporting? Or will that fix have to come in the next update?

Will you be fixing the bugs with the flight distance people have been reporting? Or will that fix have to come in the next update?

That won't be in the initial update, no. We finalised that a while ago and it's in approval now.

Where should I look for a summary of the flight issues so I can get that looked into too?

That won't be in the initial update, no. We finalised that a while ago and it's in approval now.

Where should I look for a summary of the flight issues so I can get that looked into too?
Well, from my experience and other peoples' reports, it seems like the flight time is severely dampened when exiting water with a Neptune's Shell, and after using Balloon jumps. After those circumstances, usually you should be able to get the full flight time from that point, instead of the flight getting consumed beforehand.

I upgraded from the original 3ds to a new 3ds a few days ago for various reasons. I am using the default SD card that was already in the new 3ds and I haven't had a save that takes a super long time yet. There has been a couple of times where it might take a minute to save, but even that is rare now...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom