3DS 3DS KNOWN ISSUES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you sure you didn't trash them. X is the the quick trash button.

Most of the items got lost during a flurry of construction, so I can't speak for them, but the pickaxe was definitely lost to quickstacking. I didn't even open a chest before then.

Edit: To elaborate, the exact process was-
>Come back home from mining trip
>Quickstack my findings into 3 chests
>Direct deposit the 3 stacks of gems that didn't have matches yet
>Notice hole in action bar where pickaxe was
>"Better grab my pickaxe back"
>Pickaxe is not in chest with only other pickaxe
>Pickaxe is not in other two chests either
>Restart game in rage

Last edited:
Most of the items got lost during a flurry of construction, so I can't speak for them, but the pickaxe was definitely lost to quickstacking. I didn't even open a chest before then.

Edit: To elaborate, the exact process was-
>Come back home from mining trip
>Quickstack my findings into 3 chests
>Direct deposit the 3 stacks of gems that didn't have matches yet
>Notice hole in action bar where pickaxe was
>"Better grab my pickaxe back"
>Pickaxe is not in chest with only other pickaxe
>Pickaxe is not in other two chests either
>Restart game in rage

I have lost quite a bit of stuff from quick stacking, I think it is because of how they have it set up. If the item is stuck between two things that are being quick stacked, then it seems to go with it, but since there is nothing in that chest for it, it deletes it.

They're definitely gone, after losing the pickaxe I grabbed my other pickaxe from the chest it had supposedly gone into and tried to quickstack that. Nothing happened, no other pickaxes in any chest for it to match with.
I've had random stuff disappear on me a couple of times; just today, I noticed that I was having trouble seeing underground and realized that my Mining Helmet was gone!

I have done many solar eclipses I have over 20 broken bat wings 2 death sikles and even an eye spring but no broken hero swords i don't think they drop at all :[ I have a new 3ds

The ironskin potion and frozen turtle shell do not increase defense, DEANZOR!!!! HELP
[doublepost=1458847877,1458847816][/doublepost]
I have done many solar eclipses I have over 20 broken bat wings 2 death sikles and even an eye spring but no broken hero swords i don't think they drop at all :[ I have a new 3ds
they do, but it is VERY, VERY rare, i had 1 in like 3 solar eclipses,

I've gotten them to drop by placing a water candle on the ground and building up so I couldn't see the place where the monsters could spawn while still having the water candle buff, and swooping down and killing them.
[doublepost=1458860782,1458860648][/doublepost]
my ocram throphy is gone!, It became Impact (Painting)
I've noticed this too, and it is really annoying. I have a couple trophies from the angler, and they always do this.

I have a pretty major glitch where when I use my Tempest Staff, an already-extended grappling hook appears. Every time I use it, it extends another, and after about 4 times, the bottom screen disappears, as well as all HUD on the top screen and then my character goes invisible. The frame rate gets very low. This is potentially game-crashing so you might wanna check it out.

Also, once you've been playing multiplayer and stop playing, the 3DS stays in local mode. So when you go back to playing single player you are unable to post onto Miiverse. Not a huge deal, but you've got to close the game and open it again which is a pain.

One more thing, wooden beams are glitched. They won't place unless you first put a block beside where you want it to go. You have to basically first make a tower of (any) blocks, then put the wooden beams down beside it. Then you must mine your blocks away. - Not game breaking but a bit annoying.

I have a pretty major glitch where when I use my Tempest Staff, an already-extended grappling hook appears. Every time I use it, it extends another, and after about 4 times, the bottom screen disappears, as well as all HUD on the top screen and then my character goes invisible. The frame rate gets very low. This is potentially game-crashing so you might wanna check it out.

Also, once you've been playing multiplayer and stop playing, the 3DS stays in local mode. So when you go back to playing single player you are unable to post onto Miiverse. Not a huge deal, but you've got to close the game and open it again which is a pain.

One more thing, wooden beams are glitched. They won't place unless you first put a block beside where you want it to go. You have to basically first make a tower of (any) blocks, then put the wooden beams down beside it. Then you must mine your blocks away. - Not game breaking but a bit annoying.
I've had the grappling hook thing happen after I first got the staff from Duke Fishron, but it has stopped appearing now. None of the other things have happened to me, though. Maybe it was something you had equipped?

Can there be an auto-saving option? I know there is a little pop-up on the bottom, but it'd avoid me from losing my save data between saving and crashing/power out etc.

It's the only platinum I've found so far, so I'm not complaining.

...Wait, that might be because my world generated with gold. Um...
I got some lead, potions and gold coins from random Green Slimes recently. On the Wiki, it says, "On the
Pc_only.png
Desktop version, they can rarely be found carrying bonus drops, which the player receives on the slime's death." This apparently isn't Desktop only...

Also, I'm not sure whether this has been discussed or not, but Obsidian-making is glitched. When I drain a body of water into a lava pit, occasionally, instead of Obsidian being formed across the top of the lava, there will be a hole where the lava and water meet. The water then disappears, draining rapidly into that part of the lava.

Last edited:
1.3's Slime's "carrying" stuff was added to 3DS. It's just another reason why 3DS is really its own "branch", content-wise....

my ocram throphy is gone!, It became Impact (Painting)
I heard that about that glitch before I got the trophy so I still have it. The developers have been informed don't worry.
Yea I actually reported that, the same happened with me. Similar instances happen with ...pretty much every trophy you get from the angler.

Also, I'm not sure whether this has been discussed or not, but Obsidian-making is glitched. When I drain a body of water into a lava pit, occasionally, instead of Obsidian being formed across the top of the lava, there will be a hole where the lava and water meet. The water then disappears, draining rapidly into that part of the lava.
Water evaporates in the underworld, that could be what's happening.

After working normally for quite a while, my tempest staff starts summoning what looks like... an adamantite chainsaw? I don't really know why this is happening. The only noticeable changes I've made are changing my clock to easter to beat lepus, and putting on frost armor.

I have a New Nintendo 3ds and none of the "New" controls work (zr, zl, and c-stick), but they've worked perfectly up to this point. Also, every once in a while, I can't use an item, no matter which one I use, the Y button or the touch screen.

I have a New Nintendo 3ds and none of the "New" controls work (zr, zl, and c-stick), but they've worked perfectly up to this point.
This happens (with any program, not just Terraria) if you put the system into Sleep Mode while Miiverse or Internet Browser is running. The only way to fix it is turn it off completely and turn it back on, or remove the game card (physical copy) or SD card (digital copy)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom